If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

Pricing for the family stand look increasingly attractive and hopefully increasing numbers of families, kids and groups using it will continue to grow and the club will develop more attractive deals for season tickets and help ensure that the stand is then for home fans only at every game

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Pricing for the family stand look increasingly attractive and hopefully increasing numbers of families, kids and groups using it will continue to grow and the club will develop more attractive deals for season tickets and help ensure that the stand is then for home fans only at every game

But it wont grow, as the family stand is CLOSED to families at the games which would probably interest yougsters the most!

when we drop down to the championship again (its who we are) having badically told a generation 'you're not worth it' the family stand might be closed for every home game?

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

But it wont grow, as the family stand is CLOSED to families at the games which would probably interest yougsters the most!

when we drop down to the championship again (its who we are) having badically told a generation 'you're not worth it' the family stand might be closed for every home game?

You seem more willing to accept the status qup than I am LPM. I don't know your circumstances or whether or not you are a season ticket holder or attend games. Its clear to anyone who does that numbers are growing steadily. If this continues then a tipping point will be reached where space in the South Stand will be needed to satisfy demand and help cope with roll up fans. 

31 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Really  :wacko:    You saying that the pricing for kids are fair ?

Fair is a relative term. I don’t think football ticket prices are fair full stop but understand why the pricing structure is in place & isn’t really different to the way other clubs at our level do it. 

27 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Gave up th ST when the chairman went back on his word to consult fans before making a decision on kicking families and children out.

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

But games in the past haven't interest the youngsters

The sight our famous 4-0 victory over the Bhigots of empty seats in the family stand

Lucky if there was a couple of hundred in there

Another games when that stand was less than half full

I wish it was full of young buds but they don't go to these games and that's a fact

The gruesome twosome run the game and are allowed to do so

Until we get people in charge to stand up to them take every penny off them

I would charge them more and tell them it's down to Police charges as they can't behave like normal fans do

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Gave up th ST when the chairman went back on his word to consult fans before making a decision on kicking families and children out.

I can see where you are coming from LPM and accept that you took a principled approach unlike a number of posters on here who don't attend but moan.

I don't know anyone who attends who likes the decision but many understand why it was made.

I'm one of those but don't accept the premise that it cant be changed.

Easiest way is to fill the main and west stand ,leaving only the South Stand for families and roll up fans.

It is possible,

45 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Fair is a relative term. I don’t think football ticket prices are fair full stop but understand why the pricing structure is in place & isn’t really different to the way other clubs at our level do it. 

Here was me thinking this was topic about saints fans, not everybody else who support the top teams. 

So you understand why it is ok to price child tickets by nearly 6 times :lol:

Would you pay 6 times more to watch the bigots instead of the Dons, if not why expect a kid   ?

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Here was me thinking this was topic about saints fans, not everybody else who support the top teams. 

So you understand why it is ok to price child tickets by nearly 6 times :lol:

Would you pay 6 times more to watch the bigots instead of the Dons, if not why expect a kid   ?

If you look at other teams across the league, there are different pricing structures and options. Yet again I don't like it and I'm not justifying it but I can understand why it happens given football is a money business. I will not change my view on that.

As for your specific question, if I was getting into 15 home games at £3 a pop, I wouldn't mind paying six times more for the other three no. What does that work out at over a season? £5.50 a game, not bad at all. 

42 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

But games in the past haven't interest the youngsters

The sight our famous 4-0 victory over the Bhigots of empty seats in the family stand

Lucky if there was a couple of hundred in there

Another games when that stand was less than half full

I wish it was full of young buds but they don't go to these games and that's a fact

The gruesome twosome run the game and are allowed to do so

Until we get people in charge to stand up to them take every penny off them

I would charge them more and tell them it's down to Police charges as they can't behave like normal fans do

So, on that basis that the stands have to be full against the bigots to justify letting your own support use them we should probably just hand the stadium keys to the bigots, as both Main & West stands have masses of empty seats when they visit!

for me its simple, the club insist they are a community club, but then deter great swathes of the community from attending the arguably most interesting games. Opting to encourage Sectarianism from far and wide to the ground, rather than building their own support!

do you think thats a sustainable business decision? To me its plain lazy, cant be arsed capitulation from and a woeful, out of touch board. And a decision the Chairman primised he would consult on before acting. Hence i dont trust him, so no more ST's for me.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So, on that basis that the stands have to be full against the bigots to justify letting your own support use them we should probably just hand the stadium keys to the bigots, as both Main & West stands have masses of empty seats when they visit!

for me its simple, the club insist they are a community club, but then deter great swathes of the community from attending the arguably most interesting games. Opting to encourage Sectarianism from far and wide to the ground, rather than building their own support!

do you think thats a sustainable business decision? To me its plain lazy, cant be arsed capitulation from and a woeful, out of touch board. And a decision the Chairman primised he would consult on before acting. Hence i dont trust him, so no more ST's for me.

Do you actually read anything that others post on this topic? If you did, you would see that nobody likes the present position. 

All that separates you from others is that others are more pragmatic or as you might think less principled than yourself. I go for the pragmatic approach as, I think, does Baz. 

We are also separated because you have gone Full No Deal Brexit in this whilst others see that the remedy is on our hands (including yours) and that is to buy season and roll up tickets for games in sufficient numbers to fill the two main stands with more in the South Stand. 

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Zzzzz all covered before, you can't change it, best just to let it go. You'll only make yourself more upset when your words have absolutely no impact on the arrangement. 

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Do you actually read anything that others post on this topic? If you did, you would see that nobody likes the present position. 

All that separates you from others is that others are more pragmatic or as you might think less principled than yourself. I go for the pragmatic approach as, I think, does Baz. 

We are also separated because you have gone Full No Deal Brexit in this whilst others see that the remedy is on our hands (including yours) and that is to buy season and roll up tickets for games in sufficient numbers to fill the two main stands with more in the South Stand. 

Idealism has been a running theme on this website for as long as I have been on it. I find it very strange, I think I realised before I was 16 that's not how the world works.  

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Idealism has been a running theme on this website for as long as I have been on it. I find it very strange, I think I realised before I was 16 that's not how the world works.  

Perhaps you should edit this post. .... It reads to me like you're suggesting that people who have ideals are not quite as smart as you are. ..... Comes  across as a little bit condescending at best, .... and the easy-offended might find it downright rude. ... Just a wee suggestion. ..

20 minutes ago, suedehead said:

Perhaps you should edit this post. .... It reads to me like you're suggesting that people who have ideals are not quite as smart as you are. ..... Comes  across as a little bit condescending at best, .... and the easy-offended might find it downright rude. ... Just a wee suggestion. ..

Idealism is  school of thought that people hold related to unrealistic expectations (often not realised). No issue with people holding a will for the ideal, it's more the unrealistic expectation of achieving. 

42 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

That wasn’t an answer to my question. 

You didn't answer mine when I ask if you would pay nearly 6 times more than your normal tickets. 

Anyway, I am out since having the last word on a subject isn't importance to me  :byebye

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

You didn't answer mine when I ask if you would pay nearly 6 times more than your normal tickets. 

Anyway, I am out since having the last word on a subject isn't importance to me  :byebye

You’ll find I did, I said I wouldn’t at adult prices but would if my tickets were massively discounted for other games at £3 each. 

Also seems answering questions like 

is £5.50 per game reasonable for kids tickets? 

Or 

do you think your comparables are like for like? 

Are not important to you either. :rolleyes:

On 8/13/2019 at 12:24 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Re the upcoming "Alleged" Home Game versus Sevco

Panda Club - Cancelled           Pre Match Entertainment- Cancelled

Family Stand - Closed and given to violent horde, families and children not welcome

Segregation - joke          Ticket Price - near 20% hike..!

and the board seriously ask why Saints fans choose not to attend these fixtures..?

thank goodness for Chris Sutton and BT sport!

BUT   We cannot afford all these and that is the reason for the 20% hike - we are skint remember your numerous repetitive exclusives...   :moony2

And since our budget (not sure if you know what that is yet, but you were told ) is so much less this year (because of all the negative effects of pay-offs and the positive income from everything else we traded DOES NOT COUNT), so the extra funding from these matches will pay for 3 players this season.. up from 2

AYE just as well we have you for breaking the ridiculous  :hammer That way we can be sure your assertions ain't going to happen and it gives us plenty relief from doomsday.  

Edited by Sweeper07

21 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Idealism is  school of thought that people hold related to unrealistic expectations (often not realised). No issue with people holding a will for the ideal, it's more the unrealistic expectation of achieving. 

........... Sorry if I misled you into thinking I was looking for some kind of philosophical debate, ... that wasn't my intention at all. .......... Merely commenting on how your (unintentional I'm sure) post could easily be misconstrued as condescending by some people. ...

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Sorry do you think I have any f**ks to give?

less and less st mirren fans are attending these games, and the club is actually engineering that.