If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just thinking if we are putting 600 in the family stand then it's not a massive profit giving the family stand the extra security and Police costs.

Correct and I showed that comparative attendances for the 3 OF games last season with the last time we played them were up by a few hundred per match or so on average. That first match was skewed by the record season ticket sales following our promotion under Ross.

I expect the first match will be well attended and subsequent matches will drop back to just over 6000 to 6500. Historically the average would be about 6000.

20 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just thinking if we are putting 600 in the family stand then it's not a massive profit giving the family stand the extra security and Police costs.

Policing and security costs shared recently. Literal pennies compared to the ticket price. 

The income allowed for a 10% increase in player budget last year. Personal opinion if people think that’s ‘massive’ or not. 

13 minutes ago, Tommy said:
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:
No it doesn’t, don’t be so ridiculous 

What are you saying then ?

I'm speaking about the positivity in increased season tickets & attendances over the last two seasons comparable to before. At no point in that post do I make reference to like for like between last season and this.  

Last season saw record season tickets at new stadium & the early bird numbers from this summer seems to say we're about the same. They're increases on previous season and last time we were in the SP.That's the comparison & that was completely clear.  

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I'm speaking about the positivity in increased season tickets & attendances over the last two seasons comparable to before. At no point in that post do I make reference to like for like between last season and this.  

Last season saw record season tickets at new stadium & the early bird numbers from this summer seems to say we're about the same. They're increases on previous season and last time we were in the SP.That's the comparison & that was completely clear.  

We have been increasing the number of season ticket holders year in year over the past three years. 

Our average crowds have grown strongly year on year over the past three years. 

Good news for the club, players and our own fans as this has also helped improve the atmosphere at games. 

Personally, I would like us not to give the family stand away for these games but I don't blame the board for taking a pragmatic approach. 

Would be good if those who opt out of these games went along and showed the away fans how to support your team without the need for bile and abuse, sectarian or otherwise. 

29 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

We have been increasing the number of season ticket holders year in year over the past three years. 

Our average crowds have grown strongly year on year over the past three years. 

Good news for the club, players and our own fans as this has also helped improve the atmosphere at games. 

Personally, I would like us not to give the family stand away for these games but I don't blame the board for taking a pragmatic approach. 

Would be good if those who opt out of these games went along and showed the away fans how to support your team without the need for bile and abuse, sectarian or otherwise. 

Would be great if it gets confirmed that we have increased yet again for this season. It would be even more evidence to add to the pile that this decision doesn’t really impact home crowds. 

13 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Clear as mud so that's enough of you for me  :byebye

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Clear as mud so that's enough of you for me  :byebye

Show me where I’ve said this seasons ticket sales are higher than last seasons? You’ve just made it up. Trying to spin things to fit an agenda then backtracking when I point out you’re wrong. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Would not be surprised if Jim Goodwin after the game tomorrow say's the old firm are being given an advantage. Noise travels far better up the park than across the park. 

I am trying to think of a smart ass answer. 

There is nothing forming in my mind presently. 

I have been rendered speechless. 

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Would not be surprised if Jim Goodwin after the game tomorrow say's the old firm are being given an advantage. Noise travels far better up the park than across the park. 

I'd be very surprised if he did.

Jim will be concentrating on the football played, and not paying undue attention, unlike others, to the blue bigot horde.

41 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Jim will be concentrating on the football played, and not paying undue attention, unlike others, to the blue bigot horde.

I care to differ they are being given an advantage having both stands behind the goals which I'm sure Goodwin will pick up on. So you are with Mr Scott on this regarding the family stand ? Probably not I know your feelings to the old firm. 

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If anyone can go to this game today and look at both stands behind our goals full of Rangers supporters without feeling physically sick then you have a stronger stomach than me.

FFS, what a load of dramatic nonsense..............................physically sick. :lol:

For your information there will be plenty St Mirren supporters there to give you a cuddle and maybe give you a sick bag, just in case. :byebye

19 hours ago, FTOF said:

He might have private thoughts on the matter but, I think, he will keep those private. He won't let these take his attention away from the game itself. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

FFS, what a load of dramatic nonsense..............................physically sick. :lol:

For your information there will be plenty St Mirren supporters there to give you a cuddle and maybe give you a sick bag, just in case. :byebye

You used to support them.
I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Wouldn't surprise me if the home support is small today, we do get the family stand back next season in exchange for the west stand

assuming we stay up. No point in having 1000 plus empty seats in the ground if we can sell them to the bigots     :whistle

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the home support is small today, we do get the family stand back next season in exchange for the west stand

assuming we stay up. No point in having 1000 plus empty seats in the ground if we can sell them to the bigots     :whistle

You stirrer you. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I would assume that if there are any sectarian songs/pitch invasions/crowd trouble our Club will withdraw from giving sevco the family stand.

Hopefully there'll be none of the above