If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

2 minutes ago, HSS said:

I would assume that if there are any sectarian songs/pitch invasions/crowd trouble our Club will withdraw from giving sevco the family stand.

Hopefully there'll be none of the above

Be the 1st time if there not  :wink:

3 minutes ago, HSS said:

I would assume that if there are any sectarian songs/pitch invasions/crowd trouble our Club will withdraw from giving sevco the family stand.

Would that this reaction would come to pass or even limiting the away support to half of the North Stand. 

Am I bad?
I genuinely hope there WILL be sectarian singing to see how the SFA and Saints deal with it!

It is their norm. Default setting. Happens at EVERY away game!

SOMEONE has to make a stand.

Stand? Oops! Shhhhh.
Another matter entirely.

15 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Any Saints fans at the game today are condoning and supporting sectarianism

All decent people will boycott the game

Shame on anyone that goes

Sorry but, Absolute nonsense.

I don't want the bigots to get the family stand but I'm not going to forego supporting the team on the park by making an empty gesture. We need to ensure the board know we how we feel about giving sevco and their opposing cheek an extra advantage without further enhancing that by reducing the home support further.

I don't want the bigots to get the family stand but I'm not going to forego supporting the team on the park by making an empty gesture. We need to ensure the board know we how we feel about giving sevco and their opposing cheek an extra advantage without further enhancing that by reducing the home support further.
I'm no fan of general boycotts, but how do you "ensure" that message gets across?

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:
3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I'm no fan of general boycotts, but how do you "ensure" that message gets across?

A petition to start with. To see the ACTUAL number who are against the move. Boycotting a game you've already paid for is not going to change the amount the club makes from the game. It simply disadvantages the team on the park even further.

It's no surprise those who are talking boycott are predominately those who are boycotting EVERY game. 

A petition to start with. To see the ACTUAL number who are against the move. Boycotting a game you've already paid for is not going to change the amount the club makes from the game. It simply disadvantages the team on the park even further.
It's no surprise those who are talking boycott are predominately those who are boycotting EVERY game. 
Errrrr... I've not paid for it.
I wanted to.
I would have when I bought my season ticket.

The club didn't want my custom or money for today's game!
Fact.

Not so much a boycott as following company procedure!

7 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Who are these people? 

Sadly all those empty seats in the Main Stand seem to vindicate the decision to hand over the Family Stand. Full of optimism I tried to buy a Main Stand ticket last night but none were available on the website. I suppose that’s down to all the loyal ST holders who choose to boycott these games.

Sadly all those empty seats in the Main Stand seem to vindicate the decision to hand over the Family Stand. Full of optimism I tried to buy a Main Stand ticket last night but none were available on the website. I suppose that’s down to all the loyal ST holders who choose to boycott these games.
You really should stop going on about that! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji12]

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

You're right. Wendy Saint and Shull are the same person. That's one for a start. But not the only one.

You're wrong, they aren't.

As for Shull, a season ticket holder for years and this season he doesn't have one all of a sudden his opinion, as repetitive as it is, doesn't count? :1eye

Can't speak for Wendy, apart from saying he's a twat. 

Away and stop being better than others. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're wrong, they aren't.

As for Shull, a season ticket holder for years and this season he doesn't have one all of a sudden his opinion, as repetitive as it is, doesn't count? :1eye

Can't speak for Wendy, apart from saying he's a twat. 

Away and stop being better than others. 

Nothing to do with "being better". Just stating the obvious. IF you've paid for a season ticket which includes the sevco and co games, it does nothing but give the opposition even more of an advantage by not going to the game. IF you believe that the policy is wrong the one thing that won't change the Board's mind is not turning up but giving them the cash anyway.

Just now, stlucifer said:

Nothing to do with "being better". Just stating the obvious. IF you've paid for a season ticket which includes the sevco and co games, it does nothing but give the opposition even more of an advantage by not going to the game. IF you believe that the policy is wrong the one thing that won't change the Board's mind is not turning up but giving them the cash anyway.

Stating what obvious? 

People are entitled to choose how they show their displeasure.

Maybe if no one turned up that would send a message?

I'm out, just pointing out you barking up the wrong tree stating two forum users are the same person, a ploy used when people are struggling to make a point. :byebye

Unfortunate to see the place swarming with OF fans when arriving today. It really is an unpleasant experience having them at both ends of the ground. 

Laughable banners from the Rangers end stating their ignorance and unwillingness to accept any blame for their despicable sectarian behaviour that they’ve rightly been called out on this week for once.

Also, sad to hear ‘hello, hello, how do you do’ from the Saints end prior to kick off.  We’ve been over this before as a club and it’s completely unacceptable and makes us just as bad as the ugly sisters. Particularly disappointing to hear that after the hard time Rangers have rightly had this week. 

31 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Stating what obvious? 

People are entitled to choose how they show their displeasure.

Maybe if no one turned up that would send a message?

I'm out, just pointing out you barking up the wrong tree stating two forum users are the same person, a ploy used when people are struggling to make a point. :byebye

That's everyone's right. But it makes no difference to the club as far as finances are concerned. As for the Wendy/Shull comment.

It was a light-hearted comment. The sort of thing some do to lighten the mood. NOT a "ploy". In fact I don't see why you would think it could be used to deflect. That comment makes no sense. 

4 hours ago, doonhamer said:

I wasn't there today. I wasn't boycotting the game.

I was extremely pished last night, so I chose to try and rehydrate, whilst simultaneously sweating profusely, from the relative comfort of my couch.

I'm glad I did, as the few times today that have involved more effort than turning on a tap, have proved to be quite testing.🥵

4 hours ago, doonhamer said:

Doonhamer. I was in the west stand and didn't see a large number of empty seats in the Main stand but the camera was probably better at picking these out. In the west stand though there were a few around us in W4. 

If the capacity is just below 8,000 and Rangers fans took up 3,200, that left 4,800. In the end there were around 7400 there so about 4,200 Saint's Fans there. I think there were 4,500 Saints Fans at the Aberdeen game. So.. Around 300 fewer Saint's Fans with the Net gain over the Aberdeen game around 800. 

38 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Home support Doonhamer. I was in the west stand and didn't see a large number of empty seats in the Main stand but the camera was probably better at picking these out. In the west stand though there were a few around us in W4. 

If the capacity is just below 8,000 and Rangers fans took up 3,200, that left 4,800. In the end there were around 7400 there so about 4,200 Saint's Fans there. I think there were 4,500 Saints Fans at the Aberdeen game. So.. Around 300 fewer Saint's Fans with the Net gain over the Aberdeen game around 800. 

Home crowd at the Don game was around 4800. Total crowd was around 6200 minus 1400 Dons. Home support of around 4200 today mean we lost 600 from the home end today compared to the Dons game. I expected it to be more due to who we were playing plus the shit k/o time, plus it being on the telly. 

11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Home crowd at the Don game was around 4800. Total crowd was around 6200 minus 1400 Dons. Home support of around 4200 today mean we lost 600 from the home end today compared to the Dons game. I expected it to be more due to who we were playing plus the shit k/o time, plus it being on the telly. 

Tommy. I had slightly more Dons fans there than your figure. 

Whilst I don't like the present arrangement, nor the day, nor the time, nor it being live on TV, like you I thought it a great turnout by Saint's Fans today. 

Gaps, mainly in the west stand. As far as I could see there were maybe 30-50 empty seats in the Main stand. 

12 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If anyone can go to this game today and look at both stands behind our goals full of Rangers supporters without feeling physically sick then you have a stronger stomach than me.

It was sickening and lots of our fans gave it a body swerve.... wonder why?.I bet our players would love to score at the home end against Rangers in front of their own fans...pity that eh?

Don't know how it affects your calculations but there were Rangers fans in the west stand too.

Doonhamer. I was in the west stand and didn't see a large number of empty seats in the Main stand but the camera was probably better at picking these out. In the west stand though there were a few around us in W4.