If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

Guest TPAFKATS

Sadly all those empty seats in the Main Stand seem to vindicate the decision to hand over the Family Stand. Full of optimism I tried to buy a Main Stand ticket last night but none were available on the website. I suppose that’s down to all the loyal ST holders who choose to boycott these games.

If there were that many empty seats you would've got one no problem as there wouldn't have been that many "loyal season ticket holders" missing out.

Guest TPAFKATS
I wasn't there today. I wasn't boycotting the game.
I was extremely pished last night, so I chose to try and rehydrate, whilst simultaneously sweating profusely, from the relative comfort of my couch.
I'm glad I did, as the few times today that have involved more effort than turning on a tap, have proved to be quite testing.[emoji3062]

Part timer...

Guest TPAFKATS
Unfortunate to see the place swarming with OF fans when arriving today. It really is an unpleasant experience having them at both ends of the ground. 
Laughable banners from the Rangers end stating their ignorance and unwillingness to accept any blame for their despicable sectarian behaviour that they’ve rightly been called out on this week for once.
Also, sad to hear ‘hello, hello, how do you do’ from the Saints end prior to kick off.  We’ve been over this before as a club and it’s completely unacceptable and makes us just as bad as the ugly sisters. Particularly disappointing to hear that after the hard time Rangers have rightly had this week. 

Unfortunate to see the place swarming with OF fans when arriving today. It really is an unpleasant experience having them at both ends of the ground. 
Laughable banners from the Rangers end stating their ignorance and unwillingness to accept any blame for their despicable sectarian behaviour that they’ve rightly been called out on this week for once.
Also, sad to hear ‘hello, hello, how do you do’ from the Saints end prior to kick off.  We’ve been over this before as a club and it’s completely unacceptable and makes us just as bad as the ugly sisters. Particularly disappointing to hear that after the hard time Rangers have rightly had this week. 

Yes, walking about outside what should be a home game it was disappointing. Inside the ground even worse as we gave up any semblance of home advantage to allow the sectarian hordes to spew their filth at both ends - in some cases theyre singing between both ends.

Was always going to be the full songbook from them today, given that they have the European ban coming up.

No doubt hear the cost of damage inside the family stand in due course also.

The hello, hello song has been covered a fair bit on here previously... My view is that there is a particular context to it that makes it non sectarian however I can completely see why it sets up for a fall, particularly with our media.

50 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

With the number of empty seats visible in the main stand, and guessing it would be similar in the west stand looks like the club are doing a shellick and counting ST holders as attending, even if they didnt?

They did. They're all related to Peter Brady. 

42 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Our club have become the new Shame of Scotland by joing the old firm in cashing in on Bigotry, Sectarianism and Racism..!

but hey..! Apparently it paid for Josh Heaton so its a win-win.. lol

I feel the need to leap to the defence of the board here...... the money was ring fenced and only used for good players who saved us last season. 

This bullshit of giving the old firm two stands has to stop NOW. Thing is it is only us the fans who can do something about it so suggestions on a post card. As a member SMISA has been a huge let down regarding this.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

With the number of empty seats visible in the main stand, and guessing it would be similar in the west stand looks like the club are doing a shellick and counting ST holders as attending, even if they didnt?

More unfounded negative nonsense. In the real world David Nicol also now confirming the considerable income from this arrangement. 

FDEE526C-3FBB-422A-B0F2-0D2492E66CDF.png

1 minute ago, ford prefect said:

This is the problem though. No one can see any effort going into alternatives. Just the board giving them the two stands. Why can't the board tell us what they are doing? How can we fill the stands full of at mirren fans?

I would rather have the Away seats empty than take their money. 

1 minute ago, ford prefect said:

This is the problem though. No one can see any effort going into alternatives. Just the board giving them the two stands. Why can't the board tell us what they are doing? How can we fill the stands full of at mirren fans?

^^^^^^^ This.

It MIGHT help if ANY alternatives were made public. 

Filling these spaces is not an alternative, we simply don't, and are unlikely to have, the numbers so could there be other avenues that would take up this "6 figure" number?

How much of this "6 figure" number would have to be replaced to stop the current situation?