If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

39 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I know you would dearly love it to quieten down but it's going to a lot noisier the longer this goes on.

You might as well settle in for the ride.

It’ll quieten down. Same thing happened last season then it’ll ramp up again with identical points & nothing will change. 

This arrangement will very likely continue until we increase fan numbers or after BTB completes.

peoples choice to do it, they shouldn’t however blindly assume they speak for a majority. We don’t know that. 

2 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

The club could easily realise a tidy sum of £60000 they stuck £20 on the price of every season ticket.
Challenge the fans to buy 3000 season tickets and they will not give up the family stand.

Other benefits are
Reduced policing costs
Reduced stewarding costs
Improved supporter satisfaction

The club has the details of it's current season ticket holders. Wouldn't take much to fire out a simple ballot & find out if such a thing had support.

If ticket prices went up by this amount there’s the chance we’d see some fans not buying them. Reduction in numbers would mean it likely wouldn’t work, cost the fans that do pay even more & we’d still have lots of empty seats. 

This is where the arrangement makes sense, full seats over empty ones & it’s not squeezing more money out of our fanbase. We also have over 3,000 season ticket holders, rough calculations have been done before & from memory it was something like 1,000 extra season ticket holders would make the deal unworkable in its current format. Not realistic in the slightest. 

As for your other benefits, it’s been well documented the cost in policing is a tiny fraction of the income & cant imagine steward cost is much of an increase. The fan satisfaction part is again back to my point on fan opinion on this. Just because a small number of people speak the loudest on here doesn’t mean there’s a majority not in favour of this approach. 

49 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What a load of nonsense. :D

We budget for our income leaving aside something for a rainy day fund.

Exactly how difficult is that to grasp? Scott knows all about this.

We just need to stop falling for this bullshit that it's the difference between relegation and survival.

It isn't and for him and Baz to continually repeat that ad nauseum is treating fans like idiots.

We should not be pandering to bigotry by giving them these seats and we should CERTAINLY not be moving kids to do it. That is appalling.

I’m not saying it was the difference between divisions last season but it could very well have been. It’s an unknown. What we do know is it allowed for a 10% increase in player budget last season. That’s a fair impact. 

46 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Unfortunately that would only be £29k or thereabouts per year.

Not sure that would satisfy the naked greed.

You would also get LPM & the likes having mental breakdowns if we used the money to offset. 

16 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

I agree, there's a few initiatives that could be adopted, each contributing to the bigger One Stand Only pot.

SMISA £2 pot.
£20 on a season ticket.
3 game ticket package.
Etc

You’re the one that wants to save the BTB pot, would it really change your view on that all because you would rather empty seats than this arrangement? 

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If ticket prices went up by this amount there’s the chance we’d see some fans not buying them. Reduction in numbers would mean it likely wouldn’t work, cost the fans that do pay even more & we’d still have lots of empty seats. 

This is where the arrangement makes sense, full seats over empty ones & it’s not squeezing more money out of our fanbase. We also have over 3,000 season ticket holders, rough calculations have been done before & from memory it was something like 1,000 extra season ticket holders would make the deal unworkable in its current format. Not realistic in the slightest. 

As for your other benefits, it’s been well documented the cost in policing is a tiny fraction of the income & cant imagine steward cost is much of an increase. The fan satisfaction part is again back to my point on fan opinion on this. Just because a small number of people speak the loudest on here doesn’t mean there’s a majority not in favour of this approach. 

I’m not saying it was the difference between divisions last season but it could very well have been. It’s an unknown. What we do know is it allowed for a 10% increase in player budget last season. That’s a fair impact. 

You would also get LPM & the likes having mental breakdowns if we used the money to offset. 

anyone seen the remote control?

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

It’ll quieten down. Same thing happened last season then it’ll ramp up again with identical points & nothing will change. 

This arrangement will very likely continue until we increase fan numbers or after BTB completes.

peoples choice to do it, they shouldn’t however blindly assume they speak for a majority. We don’t know that. 

How many times do you feel the need to post the exact same thing?

You are into double figures with these points.

35 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

So we don't even try different things? We just accept it in perpetuity? What a depressing thought. Why don't the board engage with the fans over this? That's all anyone is really asking? Swap ideas cost them out. Have a full frank discussion with our board rep? Is that not his whole f**king raison d'etre?

If it isn't then it should be.

Isn't he the guy who won't use the forums?

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

How many times do you feel the need to post the exact same thing?

You are into double figures with these points.

Meh, as long as people are going to keep repeating their points i’ll Probably do the same. 

Chat should really have died a long time ago but like you’ve already said you can’t let it rest. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Meh, as long as people are going to keep repeating their points i’ll Probably do the same. 

Chat should really have died a long time ago but like you’ve already said you can’t let it rest. 

I'm not biting.

It's good however, to see so many on this forum prepared to question how the club and SMISA go about their business rather than sit back and allow them to do whatever the hell they want.

It's important that people are held to account. There are endless examples of what can happen when people sit dumbly and blindly, unquestioningly accepting what they are told by those in charge.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm not biting.

It's good however, to see so many on this forum prepared to question how the club and SMISA go about their business rather than sit back and allow them to do whatever the hell they want.

It's important that people are held to account. There are endless examples of what can happen when people sit dumbly and blindly, unquestioningly accepting what they are told by those in charge.

You can call it questioning, i’ll call it go to needless negativity. Granted some stuff should be questioned but I don’t think I’ve ever seen any announcement from SMISA that has been met more favourably than negativity on here & it’s rare even for club announcements. 

Again though a few wingers doesn’t necessarily mean a majority of fans share their opinions. 

You’re the one that wants to save the BTB pot, would it really change your view on that all because you would rather empty seats than this arrangement? 

When I read this, my immediate thought was 'Utter Bollocks' But you dropped in a wee ? at the end. So, the answer to your question is,

My view has & never will change. I'd like to see the BTB pot saved for when the buds is bought but since it was determined at the SMISA AGM, that is not going to happen, I've moved on and it will not stop me thinking of ways the £2 pot could be spent that would be of benefit to the St Mirren community. Obviously subject to the usual voting rules etc

Keeping the family stand as the family stand for St Mirren FC season ticket holders is most definitely, a benefit for the whole St Mirren community but you (it would appear). .

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

It's a good suggestion. You should acknowledge that instead of deploying crushing negativity.

I can guarantee that if Scott runs with this idea you'd be the first to praise it as brilliant.

Guest TPAFKATS
Probably doesn't have internet access. Explains why our complaints over the ticketing system go unheard too....
To be fair, ticketing complaints don't go unheard. Attempts to improve what was a clusterf**k of a system have been and continue to be attempted.

23 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

When I read this, my immediate thought was 'Utter Bollocks' But you dropped in a wee ? at the end. So, the answer to your question is,

My view has & never will change. I'd like to see the BTB pot saved for when the buds is bought but since it was determined at the SMISA AGM, that is not going to happen, I've moved on and it will not stop me thinking of ways the £2 pot could be spent that would be of benefit to the St Mirren community. Obviously subject to the usual voting rules etc

Keeping the family stand as the family stand for St Mirren FC season ticket holders is most definitely, a benefit for the whole St Mirren community but you (it would appear). .

Great, it was a simple question & that’s a very clear detailed answer thanks. 

No I agree it would be & would much prefer we were in the situation where the stands were filled with SMFC fans but we’re not. 

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's a good suggestion. You should acknowledge that instead of deploying crushing negativity.

I can guarantee that if Scott runs with this idea you'd be the first to praise it as brilliant.

Come on I thought you were an intelligent guy. Do you not think ticket prices will have an equilibrium & there is as much chance of a fairly significant increase impacting that? Maybe not, it is a decent suggestion but it’s far from water tight. 

Still doesn’t change the fact as well we have enough empty seats to give them two stands & a number of fans see it as justifiable. 

. If ticket prices went up by this amount there’s the chance we’d see some fans not buying them. Reduction in numbers would mean it likely wouldn’t work, cost the fans that do pay even more & we’d still have lots of empty seats. 

Did you not see the bit about polling the current season ticket holders?
It appears not.

I have not assumed folk would pay an extra £20 on their season ticket.
I have suggested they get asked if they would.
If the purpose is to keep the family stand, who knows how many would and how many wouldn't.
Automatically, your 'would never work' opinion came out. You are not even interested in seeing if asking the question is worth it and you consistently accuse others of being negative.

Again yesterday there where 2 Rangers fans sitting in front of me in the West stand. They left at half time, as it became clear to everyone who they supported. The guys weren't out of order or anything. Just muttering under their breath every time  something went against Rangers. I'm totally against the idea of the OF getting two stands but in reality if they only get 1 then they will just buy tickets and sit in amongst us. For me that is to much a risk. I used to be in the family stand and I wasn't happy a few season ago when me and my niece had to move cause of The Rangers. I don't like it and  for the time being I will accept it. Just need to find approx 6000 saints fans who will turn up to every home game, lol

16 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Again yesterday there where 2 Rangers fans sitting in front of me in the West stand. They left at half time, as it became clear to everyone who they supported. The guys weren't out of order or anything. Just muttering under their breath every time  something went against Rangers. I'm totally against the idea of the OF getting two stands but in reality if they only get 1 then they will just buy tickets and sit in amongst us. For me that is to much a risk. I used to be in the family stand and I wasn't happy a few season ago when me and my niece had to move cause of The Rangers. I don't like it and  for the time being I will accept it. Just need to find approx 6000 saints fans who will turn up to every home game, lol

To be fair bud, saying we should give them 2 stands because some might otherwise buy home tickets is a really weak reason for kicking kids out of the family stand.

If we have to give the bigots tickets, make 100 available for them in the North Stand. 

That is a decent percentage. 

Any shite from them, sectarianism or constantly standing up, then no tickets ever again. 

FECKEM 

29 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Our fans have done the same in recent years at Dumbarton and East Fife games.  Faraway has also done it at Aberdeen   :rolleyes: