If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

7 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

This bullshit of giving the old firm two stands has to stop NOW. Thing is it is only us the fans who can do something about it so suggestions on a post card. As a member SMISA has been a huge let down regarding this.

Why not put the tickets on sale for the next visit from the OF and give fans an opportunity to buy enough to prevent even being able to think about giving them away. Also.. Can we have those who don't go to OF games reconsider and help fill the ground with friendly faces? 

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Our fans have done the same in recent years at Dumbarton and East Fife games.  Faraway has also done it at Aberdeen   :rolleyes:

We are football supporters and mix well. 

I believe (if your pal Stu Dickson was correct) that there is something in the SMISA constitution that prevents us giving money straight to the club.

Do away with the £2 pot vote & just give the lot to the club on the proviso, The family stand stays the St Mirren family stand?

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

It's important that people are held to account. There are endless examples of what can happen when people sit dumbly and blindly, unquestioningly accepting what they are told by those in charge.

The best example right in our faces is the Rangers support which learnt that in banner headlines in al the Scottish papers in 2012 that the old club had died, then they were told it hadn't when a spiv saw how gullible they could be.   sevco became a thing, unquestioned.

There are several 'special' groups devoted to siphoning money off them in various ways - and they loyally buy (sorry PAY) into all that, unquestioningly.  I would say loyally...

It is touching. So much so that I really feel a tiny bit sorry for them.  It WILL end in their tears. 

Again.

So if i am correct, the only argument that supposrts the board's decision to give the old bigots two stands is this...... "we need to sell more tickets, so to achieve that we have alienated the future St mirren support, and their parents from attending games, and made the first season ticket, that isnt actually for the whole season, by giving other clubs fans first dibs on our family stand"

if you support this, thats your call. But surely any fool can see how lazy, uncaring, anti democratic, uninvolved and contrary to everything the club is now supposed to be about? Ffs the fans group are like the SFA/SPFL on Sectarianism over this, they hear, speak and see no evil...! What is the point of smisa if it refuses to represent its members?

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

To be fair bud, saying we should give them 2 stands because some might otherwise buy home tickets is a really weak reason for kicking kids out of the family stand.

Don't think so, I would rather our younger fans are sitting in their own seats, but if not I would much prefer they sat mostly with fellow saints fans in the west stand. Mostly for their own safety

3 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Did you not see the bit about polling the current season ticket holders?
It appears not.

I have not assumed folk would pay an extra £20 on their season ticket.
I have suggested they get asked if they would.
If the purpose is to keep the family stand, who knows how many would and how many wouldn't.
Automatically, your 'would never work' opinion came out. You are not even interested in seeing if asking the question is worth it and you consistently accuse others of being negative.

The thing is they probably won’t. even the idea of a vote is a bit too Idealistic. Need to hope.  

1. You’ll get a full or close to full response (let’s not forget the response for your last vote idea) 

2. People will be honest, truthful & not change their mind 

3. A very unlikely outcome where no fan will say they’re not willing to pay extra for this arrangement. 

There’s been many suggestions on things we can do differently, this one can be debated like the rest. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So if i am correct, the only argument that supposrts the board's decision to give the old bigots two stands is this...... "we need to sell more tickets, so to achieve that we have alienated the future St mirren support, and their parents from attending games, and made the first season ticket, that isnt actually for the whole season, by giving other clubs fans first dibs on our family stand"

if you support this, thats your call. But surely any fool can see how lazy, uncaring, anti democratic, uninvolved and contrary to everything the club is now supposed to be about? Ffs the fans group are like the SFA/SPFL on Sectarianism over this, they hear, speak and see no evil...! What is the point of smisa if it refuses to represent its members?

You still don’t know if a majority of SMISA members share your view on this. Look back on the countless times you’ve been on the minority of SMISA member opinion. You even cancelled your membership because less than 1% of members agreed with your view on a subject. 

1 hour ago, chalky1 said:

Don't think so, I would rather our younger fans are sitting in their own seats, but if not I would much prefer they sat mostly with fellow saints fans in the west stand. Mostly for their own safety

Did anyone even think to ask those kids or their parents whether they wanted to sit at the edge in the West Stand when they had bought tickets for the Family Stand?

Nobody seems to be asking those fans what they want. They've just been provided with zero option to stay in seats many of them have had for years without having to move.

The people who forced them to move are not affected in any way by this decision. They get to keep their seats for these games. A lot of people who are saying we should "Let it go" and move on are not affected in any way by that decision either. Literally nobody is fighting their corner on this.

Edited by oaksoft

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You still don’t know if a majority of SMISA members share your view on this. Look back on the countless times you’ve been on the minority of SMISA member opinion. You even cancelled your membership because less than 1% of members agreed with your view on a subject. 

Then surely Smisa can ask its members

32 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Did anyone even think to ask those kids or their parents whether they wanted to sit at the edge in the West Stand when they had bought tickets for the Family Stand?

Nobody seems to be asking those fans what they want. They've just been provided with zero option to stay in seats many of them have had for years without having to move.

The people who forced them to move are not affected in any way by this decision. They get to keep their seats for these games. A lot of people who are saying we should "Let it go" and move on are not affected in any way by that decision either. Literally nobody is fighting their corner on this.

Happy to support you if you  have a viable solution, at this moment in time we don't have a solution to stop the club from doing this. T & C's of the season ticket advise that the club can sell their seat to the OF if they choose to do so. The club are advising that it is a 6 figure sum that we benefit from, we currently don'y have 6000 plus fans turning up regularly to stop it. I don't have a solution that is able to generate the supposed income from the OF.

As mentioned before, I totally agree with you on this, just because I've accepted it doesn't mean I'm happy with it

38 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Happy to support you if you  have a viable solution, at this moment in time we don't have a solution to stop the club from doing this. T & C's of the season ticket advise that the club can sell their seat to the OF if they choose to do so. The club are advising that it is a 6 figure sum that we benefit from, we currently don'y have 6000 plus fans turning up regularly to stop it. I don't have a solution that is able to generate the supposed income from the OF.

As mentioned before, I totally agree with you on this, just because I've accepted it doesn't mean I'm happy with it

I think a better solution has already been posted here by Kombie.

For me, we start with the red line that we don't accept solutions which turf kids out of their seats for cash. Some of those kids would have been season ticket holders in those seats for all matches for years before suddenly they are being told the T+Cs have changed. It really isn't on. I thought we had already established on here that the 6 figure sum was nothing more than spin but maybe some still believe it.

The current move was done to save Gordon the hassle of having to move W6 fans. Those guys were vocally opposed to it and made his life uncomfortable. It's a real shame that nobody is there to fight for the kids in the FS but as I've said before, naked greed turns people deaf, dumb and blind.

IMO we should limit them to a single stand, give our kids their seats back and budget accordingly.

ETA. I'm not having a go at you BTW but maybe my posts give that impression. Just wanted to make sure you didn't get the wrong idea. :D

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
They agree to buy a season ticket for the family stand at a reduced rate due to not getting access to that stand for games involving the ugly sisters so yeah they have been asked.
Not saying I agree with the decision.

What's difficult to understand is the fact that selling more season tickets is the solution. A decent season with some good home results should see the upward trend continue. We don't need to sell 6,000 tickets, we only have to sell enough to fill both the main and West stands out with 500 to 600 to spare. I make that around 5,000

Guest TPAFKATS
Surely the remedy is obvious. Fans who don't already do so.. Buy more tickets. That is the one sure way to sort this out. If the Two Main stands are sold out to season ticket holders then.. Problem solved. 
Simple. Wonder why we haven't done this yet...

Guest TPAFKATS
No you are not correct. At least one other argument has been put forward by at least a couple of posters today alone.

Guest TPAFKATS
Then surely Smisa can ask its members
We've got over 3000 season ticket holders and hundreds of others who attend regularly.
There's only around 1200 smisa members, don't see why so much importance would be placed on their views on this subject.

46 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
Surely the remedy is obvious. Fans who don't already do so.. Buy more tickets. That is the one sure way to sort this out. If the Two Main stands are sold out to season ticket holders then.. Problem solved. 

Simple. Wonder why we haven't done this yet...

Crowds continue to grow. There is no reason why we can't average 5,000 plus home supporters if we build a strong home record, more so if we were able to be in the top six. The job then would be for the board to set targets and establish terms that people can afford. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Crowds continue to grow. There is no reason why we can't average 5,000 plus home supporters if we build a strong home record, more so if we were able to be in the top six. The job then would be for the board to set targets and establish terms that people can afford. 
The board have previously set a target.