If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I would be all for it. Maybe they don’t think it’s their place because it could cause unneeded tension, won’t make a difference to the decision or other reasons. Who knows. 

As if this already a tension-free subject!  Fuxake!

i have already chosen to  NOT attend bigot fixtures.

I already have quit paying for National fitba because of SFA corruption and bowing to the bigotry.

I’m not pleased by my team taking the bigot £.

i am really pissed-off that the specially set up, One Town, One Team(oh how we laughed!), Family Stand was abandoned to bigots... no, Racists, as UEFA correctly described them less than a week after part of their own stadium was denied to them.

Taking the Orange £ and abandoning stated Buddie values is just... wrong.

Edited by antrin
Spelling

I believe (if your pal Stu Dickson was correct) that there is something in the SMISA constitution that prevents us giving money straight to the club.
What like?

for footballs? Or for training pitch replacement? What about for sports scientists additional hours?
Wasn't the smisa pot credited in the succesful transfer window of January 2018 that made for the great escape?

As we've seen, there are workarounds and i am sure, if there was an appetite for it amongst the SMISA membership, the relevant approvals could be gotten.

The thing is they probably won’t. even the idea of a vote is a bit too Idealistic. Need to hope.  
1. You’ll get a full or close to full response (let’s not forget the response for your last vote idea) 
2. People will be honest, truthful & not change their mind 
3. A very unlikely outcome where no fan will say they’re not willing to pay extra for this arrangement. 
There’s been many suggestions on things we can do differently, this one can be debated like the rest. 
More negativity.

If you don't ask, you don't get.
Your insistence that it won't work without even trying surprises me.

How about a crowdfunding campaign?

Identify the income that we need/want to replace and there’s the target.

Start a wide-reaching social media PR campaign for the crowdfunding drive - explaining the back story and why we’re fighting to keep our seats for our fans/kids, condemning bigotry and sectarianism and having a very measured public pop at the OF, commit to giving away the extra tickets to local groups young and old. 

Reach out to football communities across the UK, Europe and beyond. 

This could be a very positive PR campaign for a family community club, bolstered by our own fans donating whatever we can to keep the OF out and supplemented by sympathetic football fans elsewhere.

They agree to buy a season ticket for the family stand at a reduced rate due to not getting access to that stand for games involving the ugly sisters so yeah they have been asked.Not saying I agree with the decision.

Since the bigot pound is so valuable, 

We could fit all our season ticket holders into the Main & Family stands. Just shy of 3900 seats, doing so would accommodate all our season ticket holders in those 2 stands.

Give rangers & celtic the North & West stands where about 4100 of them could be accommodated.

The additional income from 4100 of the f**kers would allow income to be generated from about 900 or so more of them than the current arrangement.

If the North & South stands generates the money for 1-2 players (as has been claimed & championed by some),

North & West will generate the money for 2-3 players and ensure we have even less empty seats.

Closer to a full house I reckon.

Easy money, innit.

7 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

They agree to buy a season ticket for the family stand at a reduced rate due to not getting access to that stand for games involving the ugly sisters so yeah they have been asked.
Not saying I agree with the decision.

Would you be quite happy if, after years of sitting in your seat for every  home league match, the club came along and changed your T+C to kick you out for 3 and potentially 4 out of your 19 matches so they could re-sell it to OF fans?

Edited by oaksoft

4 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

We could fit all our season ticket holders into the Main & Family stands. Just shy of 3900 seats, doing so would accommodate all our season ticket holders in those 2 stands.

Give rangers & celtic the North & West stands where about 4100 of them could be accommodated.

The additional income from 4100 of the f**kers would allow income to be generated from about 900 or so more of them than the current arrangement.

If the North & South stands generates the money for 1-2 players (as has been claimed & championed by some),

North & West will generate the money for 2-3 players and ensure we have even less empty seats.

Easy money, innit.

The only possible reason fans are accepting this is because they are not being moved for the OF. If the West stand was handed over you'd hear all about it.

8 hours ago, antrin said:

As if this already a tension-free subject!  Fuxake!

i have already chosen to  NOT attend bigot fixtures.

I already have quit paying for National fitba because of SFA corruption and bowing to the bigotry.

I’m not pleased by my team taking the bigot £.

i am really pissed-off that the specially set up, One Town, One Team(oh how we laughed!), Family Stand was abandoned to bigots... no, Racists, as UEFA correctly described them less than a week after part of their own stadium was denied to them.

Taking the Orange £ and abandoning stated Buddie values is just... wrong.

And you’re entitled to all those opinions. Hopefully in the future we have these seats filled with St Mirren fans and the arrangement won’t be possible. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Since the bigot pound is so valuable, We could fit all our season ticket holders into the Main & Family stands. Just shy of 3900 seats, doing so would accommodate all our season ticket holders in those 2 stands.

Easy money, innit.

Don't encourage any more of this!

11 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
15 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
So if i am correct, the only argument that supposrts the board's decision to give the old bigots two stands is this...... "we need to sell more tickets, so to achieve that we have alienated the future St mirren support, and their parents from attending games, and made the first season ticket, that isnt actually for the whole season, by giving other clubs fans first dibs on our family stand"
if you support this, thats your call. But surely any fool can see how lazy, uncaring, anti democratic, uninvolved and contrary to everything the club is now supposed to be about? Ffs the fans group are like the SFA/SPFL on Sectarianism over this, they hear, speak and see no evil...! What is the point of smisa if it refuses to represent its members?

No you are not correct. At least one other argument has been put forward by at least a couple of posters today alone.

Are you suggesting someone else has put forward a 'different' credible argument that supports the board's decision?

because thats what i said isnt the case, or did you simply not read what was written?

Guest TPAFKATS
Would you be quite happy if, after years of sitting in your seat for every  home league match, the club came along and changed your T+C to kick you out for 3 and potentially 4 out of your 19 matches so they could re-sell it to OF fans?
I'm not happy with the whole situation of giving away home advantage and pussing off our own fans. My post was just looking to keep some clarity and rational on what is an increasingly emotional thread.

Guest TPAFKATS
Are you suggesting someone else has put forward a 'different' credible argument that supports the board's decision?
because thats what i said isnt the case, or did you simply not read what was written?
No that isn't what you wrote. It's quite clear from the post that you quoted, as it also contains your original post. If you originally meant something different that's fine.
People have put forward reasons, in addition to just financial, for why the family stand issue has arisen. You don't need to agree with the decision, in fact those putting forward a reason don't necessarily agree with it.

The depressing fact for me is that a number of fellow buds simply support the board's lazy, ill conceived, lacking financial sense, uninvolved, two-faced, racially opportunistic decision to kick out families for a handful of bigoted pounds.

and it will come back to bite them, ticket sales for all games will have suffered because the club chose to ignore, and actually discriminate against its own! How f**king stupid and short sighted are the board? They obviously know nothing of how to build trust and involvement, or there is a darker agenda under the surface?

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

No that isn't what you wrote. It's quite clear from the post that you quoted, as it also contains your original post. If you originally meant something different that's fine.
People have put forward reasons, in addition to just financial, for why the family stand issue has arisen. You don't need to agree with the decision, in fact those putting forward a reason don't necessarily agree with it.

Sorry what are these 'non financial' reasons put up by fans, for kicking families out that support the board's decision? Must admit to not having seen any.

44 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Not willing to try is not realistic, it's negative. You can dress it up how you like but your negativity shines through.

So you think it’s realistic (given the amount of moaners in the St Mirren support) that every single season ticket holder we have would be willing to be charged extra money so we can have more empty seats at three/ four games? 

I know there’s one for sure that would certainly be voting no to that :lol:

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The depressing fact for me is that a number of fellow buds simply support the board's lazy, ill conceived, lacking financial sense, uninvolved, two-faced, racially opportunistic decision to kick out families for a handful of bigoted pounds.

and it will come back to bite them, ticket sales for all games will have suffered because the club chose to ignore, and actually discriminate against its own! How f**king stupid and short sighted are the board? They obviously know nothing of how to build trust and involvement, or there is a darker agenda under the surface?

Lacking financial sense? Last season it allowed for a 10% increase in the player budget which is a six figure sum. 

We also had a record season for season ticket sales & home crowds. Your view on this goes way beyond staggering. 

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

I like the idea but wouldn't it need to then be an annual thing? Unless the main point is to embarrass the club into stopping the practice altogether. Even if it only works for one season, it's better, IMO, for it to be us, rather than some other club, that benefits from it.

It would, more than likely, result in the bigots' fans boycotting our games (that would be be an extra blessing) so we would need to raise more to cover two stands full of them, not just the extra one.

We would probably also be on the end of a social media backlash from the knuckledraggers and possibly their friends in the MSM as well. On the other hand, that may just give it more publicity and get more donations.

Definitely worth consideration, we just need to consider the possible negatives like (1) how it would appear by asking for money to give to a company that has a seven figure turnover already and (2) how it would portray the club, potentially around the world, as putting money before morals.

It's the sort of thing that would only work as a one-off (so for 1 season). It would then give the club 12 more months to come up with the next creative idea to keep/fill the stand. I think this is people's current gripe - that there must be creative ways to explore to avoid taking the easy buck from the old firm. It's easy money to the board that they see as risk free and no work. That might be good for a playing budget but there's plenty of downside to this decision.

You're right that it would open a can of worms and a backlash from the knuckledraggers and harm relations between the clubs. It's not exactly a diplomatic approach that I was suggesting but when exactly is Scottish football going to stop tip-toeing around them? Who else is going to show some leadership? 

This is a problem of our club's own making now. We've shifted the line in the sand by giving them additional seats and would now be fearful about stripping them away?!! As Kombi said... why stop there? Why not give them even more seats? We've already shifted the lines of what is acceptable so why do we think it won't happen again?  

As a side note - Rangers got criticism last season for being petty when they stripped back Celtic's allocation at Ibrox. They then went and defeated Celtic twice at Ibrox after failing to get close to them in previous years. 

What chance do we think we actually have with the OF at either end of our stadium? 

9 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Easy money, innit.

An excellent revenue raising idea, now I wonder which of the proponents of the current position will champion this. 

It appears to tick all their boxes...... more money while still having enough seats available for all saints fans a top six place is surely in sight........ in fact a top six place would mean an extra chance to further increase the revenue by doing this 4 times rather than just 3.

Or maybe they will realise that this is about more than just money and try and let this idea slip away. 

2 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

An excellent revenue raising idea, now I wonder which of the proponents of the current position will champion this. 

It appears to tick all their boxes...... more money while still having enough seats available for all saints fans a top six place is surely in sight........ in fact a top six place would mean an extra chance to further increase the revenue by doing this 4 times rather than just 3.

Or maybe they will realise that this is about more than just money and try and let this idea slip away. 

Would probably be a wee bit tight for some of our home crowds & the clear growth we’ve seen in the last couple seasons (not saying this season has grown, still an unknown). If we increase against the bigots we might have to turn our own fans away. this is a very different issue. 

If our crowds were down at the 3,000-3-500 level then it would be justifiable. If fans of SMFC don’t like this, buy tickets. Simple. 

Might be a bit tight, if we continue to increase ........

If that is really the best you can come up with then in my view it shows that your whole defence of the family stand issue really boiled down to I’m all right so it doesn’t matter’  or alternatively  the blind following of the party line was exactly that, blind and unquestioning.

Kombibuds suggestion is exactly where your argument logically took us and now you are baulking at it. 

It is little wonder you decided against commenting directly on the suggestion when you are so happy to jump on every other comment. 

You’ve been found out again!

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If our crowds were down at the 3,000-3-500 level then it would be justifiable. If fans of SMFC don’t like this, buy tickets. Simple. 

This is always the most banal, simplistic and utterly stupid assertion that... ok... not only you have made.

The people being penalised are Buddies who are already in the practice of buying tickets.  And you suggest the easy answer is for them to buy more!

you need to attract new fans, obviously, non regulars...

And.... If it is non regulars you hope to attract.... how do you get them on board by offering tickets to a stadium that welcomes the buttocks?

I wouldn’t be seduced by the prospect of buying a ticket just to MAYBE stop the One Club of the One Town from exploiting Bigots and Racists... 

especially if I was bringing kids and especially if I knew we might be shifted to placate bigots.

this is not a good look for St Mirren.  :(

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Would probably be a wee bit tight for some of our home crowds & the clear growth we’ve seen in the last couple seasons (not saying this season has grown, still an unknown). If we increase against the bigots we might have to turn our own fans away. this is a very different issue. 

Your taking the biscuit now Bazil - there were 700 fewer Saints Fans there against the Rangers than against Aberdeen, and as this saga trundles on the numbers will drop, not increase, when playing against the bigots. (Couldn't have put the Saints fans at the Aberdeen game in just the 2 stands by the way!)

The reality is that Family Season ticket holders with kids are being offered seats on the least occupied extremities of the main and west stands (M1 M2 M9 and W1 W2) and therefore right beside the friendly, church-going pillars of our society in the 2 ends.

If the board want to make a statement about our family friendly community club, then give all the moved South Stand fans seats in the centre of the main stand, and move all those without kids, including the board and hospitality to the extremities.

It beggars belief  we are still prepared to call the south stand the Family Stand -  should be the Simple Neanderthal Home of Scottish Sectarianism Give Us Your Money Stand?