If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

On 8/25/2019 at 10:54 AM, Wendy Saintss said:

Any Saints fans at the game today are condoning and supporting sectarianism

All decent people will boycott the game

Shame on anyone that goes

What a great idea..........................................

Next year let's sell out 3 stands to season ticket holders and then not turn up    

29 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Might be a bit tight, if we continue to increase ........

If that is really the best you can come up with then in my view it shows that your whole defence of the family stand issue really boiled down to I’m all right so it doesn’t matter’  or alternatively  the blind following of the party line was exactly that, blind and unquestioning.

Kombibuds suggestion is exactly where your argument logically took us and now you are baulking at it. 

It is little wonder you decided against commenting directly on the suggestion when you are so happy to jump on every other comment. 

You’ve been found out again!

If I was moved for 3-4 games to accommodate a big financial income to support the club I 100% guarantee you I would be understanding of it.

I don’t like them moving families & I wouldn’t like to be moved myself but I appreciate the income & football is a money game. There’s a big difference between understanding & liking. 

I did comment directly on the subject. In theory I think it could be an option, given our crowds & the growth trends I don’t think it’s practical. 

I find this often on BAWA. Some people expect certain responses then when they don’t get them hey continue to comment as if they have. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If I was moved for 3-4 games to accommodate a big financial income to support the club I 100% guarantee you I would be understanding of it.

I don’t like them moving families & I wouldn’t like to be moved myself but I appreciate the income & football is a money game. There’s a big difference between understanding & liking. 

I did comment directly on the subject. In theory I think it could be an option, given our crowds & the growth trends I don’t think it’s practical. 

I find this often on BAWA. Some people expect certain responses then when they don’t get them hey continue to comment as if they have. 

That's rich!

29 minutes ago, antrin said:

This is always the most banal, simplistic and utterly stupid assertion that... ok... not only you have made.

The people being penalised are Buddies who are already in the practice of buying tickets.  And you suggest the easy answer is for them to buy more!

you need to attract new fans, obviously, non regulars...

And.... If it is non regulars you hope to attract.... how do you get them on board by offering tickets to a stadium that welcomes the buttocks?

I wouldn’t be seduced by the prospect of buying a ticket just to MAYBE stop the One Club of the One Town from exploiting Bigots and Racists... 

especially if I was bringing kids and especially if I knew we might be shifted to placate bigots.

this is not a good look for St Mirren.  :(

Some fans on here have openly said their response to this is non-attendance, for this subject & others. Absolutely fine, their choice to make. Personally I think it’s very cut nose/ spite face. 

We all have a deep love for this club (well maybe with one or two exceptions with their comments on here over the years) & should be trying to grow it together even when faced with challenges. 

We have so much to be positive about right now as a club yet some fans can’t see past a different view for some fans for 3 or 4 games a season. It’s a bit of a shame IMO. 

14 minutes ago, sally02 said:

Your taking the biscuit now Bazil - there were 700 fewer Saints Fans there against the Rangers than against Aberdeen, and as this saga trundles on the numbers will drop, not increase, when playing against the bigots. (Couldn't have put the Saints fans at the Aberdeen game in just the 2 stands by the way!)

The reality is that Family Season ticket holders with kids are being offered seats on the least occupied extremities of the main and west stands (M1 M2 M9 and W1 W2) and therefore right beside the friendly, church-going pillars of our society in the 2 ends.

If the board want to make a statement about our family friendly community club, then give all the moved South Stand fans seats in the centre of the main stand, and move all those without kids, including the board and hospitality to the extremities.

It beggars belief  we are still prepared to call the south stand the Family Stand -  should be the Simple Neanderthal Home of Scottish Sectarianism Give Us Your Money Stand? 

:clapping

Guest TPAFKATS
Sorry what are these 'non financial' reasons put up by fans, for kicking families out that support the board's decision? Must admit to not having seen any.
You should read the posts with more care then.
Just yesterday chalky1 posted a reason for why the family stand situation had arisen. To summarise, it was easier than moving W7 group of fans.
There you go, one non financial reason why family stand situation has arisen, which is what I posted, not what you chose to interpret in your reply.

26 minutes ago, sally02 said:

Your taking the biscuit now Bazil - there were 700 fewer Saints Fans there against the Rangers than against Aberdeen, and as this saga trundles on the numbers will drop, not increase, when playing against the bigots. (Couldn't have put the Saints fans at the Aberdeen game in just the 2 stands by the way!)

The reality is that Family Season ticket holders with kids are being offered seats on the least occupied extremities of the main and west stands (M1 M2 M9 and W1 W2) and therefore right beside the friendly, church-going pillars of our society in the 2 ends.

If the board want to make a statement about our family friendly community club, then give all the moved South Stand fans seats in the centre of the main stand, and move all those without kids, including the board and hospitality to the extremities.

It beggars belief  we are still prepared to call the south stand the Family Stand -  should be the Simple Neanderthal Home of Scottish Sectarianism Give Us Your Money Stand? 

Nice wee bit of spin there, by my calculation 633 fewer fans if those two stands were full & I seen a picture on social media this morning showing there were at least some empty seats in the Rangers ends. 

Whether people like it or not games on TV impact these crowds & we seen reduction under previous arrangements. To suggest every single one of these fans didn’t go because of the stands deal is just not correct. If it was how do we explain games last season against Celtic where we took more home fans than other games? 

I know we could have fitted the fans at both games in the two stands suggested. My point was we have seen crowds that have flirted & even exceeded that last season. Crowds have been on an increasing trend last couple seasons, something that will hopefully continue this one, if it does we could be filling those two stands regularly over the next 1-2 seasons so as I have said, I think it would be too tight given the way we’re hopefully going. 

Then hopefully in a few more seasons it’ll be too tight for the current arrangement.  

Rest of your post is all old ground. Done to death dozens of times over on this and similar threads. It won’t likely change & there is no proof this is a majority view of SMFC fans. 

So you think it’s realistic (given the amount of moaners in the St Mirren support) that every single season ticket holder we have would be willing to be charged extra money so we can have more empty seats at three/ four games? 
I know there’s one for sure that would certainly be voting no to that [emoji38]
More negativity & failure by you to understand what has been written.

It's either that or you are deliberately spinning.

It is realistic to ask the question where you have decided they shouldn't even bother.

Och well, par for the course

Lacking financial sense? Last season it allowed for a 10% increase in the player budget which is a six figure sum. 
We also had a record season for season ticket sales & home crowds. Your view on this goes way beyond staggering. 
If they want to continue giving up 2 stands for the money & to have more seats filled

Give them the West instead of the Family stand.

900 more (roughly) on top of the current arrangement could be accomodated.

We'll be close to a full house every time

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Some fans on here have openly said their response to this is non-attendance, for this subject & others. Absolutely fine, their choice to make. Personally I think it’s very cut nose/ spite face. 

We all have a deep love for this club (well maybe with one or two exceptions with their comments on here over the years) & should be trying to grow it together even when faced with challenges. 

We have so much to be positive about right now as a club yet some fans can’t see past a different view for some fans for 3 or 4 games a season. It’s a bit of a shame IMO. 

Cut nose spite face ? Or alternatively maybe some fans won't take their children anyway, as they don't them exposed to the type of pish that comes from these mutants ?

32 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

More negativity & failure by you to understand what has been written.

It's either that or you are deliberately spinning.

It is realistic to ask the question where you have decided they shouldn't even bother.

Och well, par for the course

It's an admirable fishing attempt from you but there's no negativity in not thinking an outcome of a vote will not be 100% when I know how I would vote... I completely understand what you have said, I just don't see the outcome. 

27 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

If they want to continue giving up 2 stands for the money & to have more seats filled

Give them the West instead of the Family stand.

900 more (roughly) on top of the current arrangement could be accomodated.

We'll be close to a full house every time

Wee bit of irony in here given your lack of understanding for my point. I KNOW the majority of our attendances could be housed in Main & family. My point is given we have seen signs of decent rises in home fans/ season ticket holders I don't think it's a practical move at this time. 

I agree with the principle as I said if our crowds were back down at the 3,000-3,500 numbers sure & not showing signs of increase. 

Would probably be a wee bit tight for some of our home crowds & the clear growth we’ve seen in the last couple seasons (not saying this season has grown, still an unknown). If we increase against the bigots we might have to turn our own fans away. this is a very different issue. 
If our crowds were down at the 3,000-3-500 level then it would be justifiable. If fans of SMFC don’t like this, buy tickets. Simple. 
I thought you wanted more seats filled? That has been your whole argument.

Bigot money over empty seats.

With the reported St Mirren support numbers at Sundays game, all our season ticket holders could be a accommodated in the main & family stands.

As a business plan, exploiting the rangers & celtic horde in this way improves the financial return even more.

It might be "a bit tight" but all our season ticket holders would be accommodated and the club has maximised revenue.

It is what your whole argument has been based on

Wee bit of irony in here given your lack of understanding for my point. I KNOW the majority of our attendances could be housed in Main & family. My point is given we have seen signs of decent rises in home fans/ season ticket holders I don't think it's a practical move at this time. 
I agree with the principle as I said if our crowds were back down at the 3,000-3,500 numbers sure & not showing signs of increase. 

I don't fish.

Like every other discussion/debate/argument you enter, your stance once again contributes nothing of value to the conversation.

1 minute ago, Kombibuddie said:

I thought you wanted more seats filled? That has been your whole argument.

Bigot money over empty seats.

With the reported St Mirren support numbers at Sundays game, all our season ticket holders could be a accommodated in the main & family stands.

As a business plan, exploiting the rangers & celtic horde in this way improves the financial return even more.

It might be "a bit tight" but all our season ticket holders would be accommodated and the club has maximised revenue.

It is what your whole argument has been based on

It's not my whole argument no, you're wrong about that. My argument is in regards to exploring potential income revenues not "Get every single one in regardless of what stand and the potential expense of SMFC fans getting seats".  Part of my argument, we aren't filling those seats so bums on seats is better than no bums on seat but that's only to an extent. For me that extent is at the expense of saints fans not being able to get a ticket for a match.

I don't think I can make this any clearer but I'll try. I KNOW THEY ALL COULD HAVE AT CURRENT LEVELS (I've said it at least three times). But our home crowds have shown very positive increases going back over the last few seasons, hopefully a trend that will continue. And I'm positive it will, making the (obvious attempt to troll) suggestion run the risk that saints fans might not be able to attend because of given away seats in this manner.  That's a no from me... 

6 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

I don't fish.

Like every other discussion/debate/argument you enter, your stance once again contributes nothing of value to the conversation.

You do though. I've also added much value on here, many people throughout the life of this conversation & others have posted points that have turned out to be wrong & on more than one occasion I've corrected them. Don't let someone with a different opinion from yours get in the way of that though. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Nice wee bit of spin there, by my calculation 633 fewer fans if those two stands were full & I seen a picture on social media this morning showing there were at least some empty seats in the Rangers ends. 

Whether people like it or not games on TV impact these crowds & we seen reduction under previous arrangements. To suggest every single one of these fans didn’t go because of the stands deal is just not correct. If it was how do we explain games last season against Celtic where we took more home fans than other games? 

I know we could have fitted the fans at both games in the two stands suggested. My point was we have seen crowds that have flirted & even exceeded that last season. Crowds have been on an increasing trend last couple seasons, something that will hopefully continue this one, if it does we could be filling those two stands regularly over the next 1-2 seasons so as I have said, I think it would be too tight given the way we’re hopefully going. 

Then hopefully in a few more seasons it’ll be too tight for the current arrangement.  

Rest of your post is all old ground. Done to death dozens of times over on this and similar threads. It won’t likely change & there is no proof this is a majority view of SMFC fans. 

No spin at all.

So we end up having to accept your calculation, and assumption that some seats in their ends were empty.

Ok, I agree - oh but wait a minute, what about the numbers standing up the back on the wide ledge, 2 deep in places, maybe the empty seats were theirs?  And the considerable number in the home stands - group of four down from us, and another guy standing up on the back ledge behind us in W6. No colours but reaction to Saints chances tells you all! Oh and probably at least half of hospitality. And your telling me there was less than 2 full stands of Rangers supporters?

13 minutes ago, sally02 said:

No spin at all.

So we end up having to accept your calculation, and assumption that some seats in their ends were empty.

Ok, I agree - oh but wait a minute, what about the numbers standing up the back on the wide ledge, 2 deep in places, maybe the empty seats were theirs?  And the considerable number in the home stands - group of four down from us, and another guy standing up on the back ledge behind us in W6. No colours but reaction to Saints chances tells you all! Oh and probably at least half of hospitality. And your telling me there was less than 2 full stands of Rangers supporters?

Nope, not at all. Simple maths on the attendance vs capacity. Here’s a couple pictures as well. Either a lot of people going straight to a fancy dress party as empty seats or spaces. 

It could have been people up the back but the big space in the bottom left suggests unsold more than people coincidentally leaving seats together. 

We have had large numbers in home ends before, part of the reason I don’t take the security concern point. Much more of a risk of larger numbers in with our fans. 

I don’t think the two stands were full no but I wasn’t at the game. Happy for someone who was to show me they were full. These pictures look quite conclusive IMO. 

CC47C612-9716-4C5E-9F87-3ACB36DBFC4D.jpeg

5314D748-E6CF-47DE-909B-0F1ED8B5A915.jpeg

A "no" from you [emoji1787]

It's not my whole argument no, you're wrong about that. My argument is in regards to exploring potential income revenues not "Get every single one in regardless of what stand and the potential expense of SMFC fans getting seats".  Part of my argument, we aren't filling those seats so bums on seats is better than no bums on seat but that's only to an extent. For me that extent is at the expense of saints fans not being able to get a ticket for a match.
I don't think I can make this any clearer but I'll try. I KNOW THEY ALL COULD HAVE AT CURRENT LEVELS (I've said it at least three times). But our home crowds have shown very positive increases going back over the last few seasons, hopefully a trend that will continue. And I'm positive it will, making the (obvious attempt to troll) suggestion run the risk that saints fans might not be able to attend because of given away seats in this manner.  That's a no from me... 
Utter bollocks you mean.

Your whole argument has been to justify giving up 2 stands because

This is where the arrangement makes sense, full seats over empty ones & it’s not squeezing more money out of our fanbase.

Right here & right now, we cannot and would not fill the Main & Family stands with home supporters.

Therefore, giving the West & North stand over for away supports v rangers & celtic will fill more seats and bring in more money to the club.

So much for "the arrangement making sense"

Back to what I was saying, Utter bollocks.

Dumbobud called you on it about 100 or so posts ago.

You're twisting & turning more than Dead or Alive did when they were spinning round like a record.

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Nope, not at all. Simple maths on the attendance vs capacity. Here’s a couple pictures as well. Either a lot of people going straight to a fancy dress party as empty seats or spaces. 

It could have been people up the back but the big space in the bottom left suggests unsold more than people coincidentally leaving seats together. 

We have had large numbers in home ends before, part of the reason I don’t take the security concern point. Much more of a risk of larger numbers in with our fans. 

I don’t think the two stands were full no but I wasn’t at the game. Happy for someone who was to show me they were full. These pictures look quite conclusive IMO. 

CC47C612-9716-4C5E-9F87-3ACB36DBFC4D.jpeg

5314D748-E6CF-47DE-909B-0F1ED8B5A915.jpeg

You just don't stop do you! Or you don't get it! If you think those pictures look quite conclusive, I hope you never have or will have to sit on a jury in a Court of Law, because the accused isn't getting a fair trial with you in attendance. Embarrassing! 

Before the game started there were plenty of bodies down in that empty corner, but I think you will find that due to a TV Studio right beside it (or is it a pigeon loft - hard to tell with the good quality of the pictures, your Honour), and the Polis in close attendance they decided to go up the back and sing their bile instead!

8 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

A "no" from you emoji1787.png

Utter bollocks you mean.

Your whole argument has been to justify giving up 2 stands because

Right here & right now, we cannot and would not fill the Main & Family stands with home supporters.

Therefore, giving the West & North stand over for away supports v rangers & celtic will fill more seats and bring in more money to the club.

So much for "the arrangement making sense"

Back to what I was saying, Utter bollocks.

Dumbobud called you on it about 100 or so posts ago.

You're twisting & turning more than Dead or Alive did when they were spinning round like a record.

Another good effort but again an ultimate fail. We’ve been debating the family & away stand seats for them vs one stand. We’ve also debated old arrangement vs new on here. 

If you want to show me where I’ve ever made comment that I would be happy to give them even more seats that could potentially start to cost home fans a ticket before long? 

Yet again (fourth time) I know we don’t fill them right now but I’m confident we can get there before long. I can’t make that simpler, is there someone that could explain it to you? I’m allowed to have that for a basis for my opinion, sorry if it disappoints you but I am. 

Im not twisting anything. A clear troll post about giving them the West stand was put up & it hasn’t landed the way you would have liked. Not my fault. 

3 minutes ago, sally02 said:

You just don't stop do you! Or you don't get it! If you think those pictures look quite conclusive, I hope you never have or will have to sit on a jury in a Court of Law, because the accused isn't getting a fair trial with you in attendance. Embarrassing! 

Before the game started there were plenty of bodies down in that empty corner, but I think you will find that due to a TV Studio right beside it (or is it a pigeon loft - hard to tell with the good quality of the pictures, your Honour), and the Polis in close attendance they decided to go up the back and sing their bile instead!

Those pictures show a good few empty seats, further up the stand as well from what I can see. As I said open to comment as I wasn’t there. You’ve just decided to go off on a rant instead. 

Nope, not at all. Simple maths on the attendance vs capacity. Here’s a couple pictures as well. Either a lot of people going straight to a fancy dress party as empty seats or spaces.  It could have been people up the back but the big space in the bottom left suggests unsold more than people coincidentally leaving seats together. 

CC47C612-9716-4C5E-9F87-3ACB36DBFC4D.jpeg.d9704b9936754c203227d441202f78d0.jpeg

5314D748-E6CF-47DE-909B-0F1ED8B5A915.jpeg.7375056aab2e73ac893d4376805bccdd.jpeg

With all these empty seats you are keen to demonstrate, endorses the argument for 

West & North stands

over the

North & South stands.

"Filled seats over empty seats"

You've said it often enough [emoji1787][emoji1787]

& often enough, I & others have argued against giving up 2 stands & here you are, tripping over yourself to argue

North & South over West & North despite consistently arguing "filled seats" & "money" making good business sense

We'll fill more seats & make more money by going West & North stands if the argument of giving 2 stands had any credibility.

It's your Mhari Wilson moment, it is what you've always wanted.