If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

10 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

With all these empty seats you are keen to demonstrate, endorses the argument for 

West & North stands

over the

North & South stands.

"Filled seats over empty seats"

You've said it often enough emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

& often enough, I & others have argued against giving up 2 stands & here you are, tripping over yourself to argue

North & South over West & North despite consistently arguing "filled seats" & "money" making good business sense

We'll fill more seats & make more money by going West & North stands if the argument of giving 2 stands had any credibility.

It's your Mhari Wilson moment, it is what you've always wanted.

Again you might not like it but I’m entitled to my reasoning why I have that opinion. Sounds like your negative mindset won’t allow you to see a soon enough future where our crowds go on an upward trend. 

I have been completely consistent & it sounds like that’s frustrated your troll attempts, sorry about that  

Nothing wrong with fishing, just a shame you couldn’t enjoy it more with me giving reasoned responses. :rolleyes:

For the avoidance of doubt.

I do not advocate giving any away support 2 stands.

I believe there are a number of options available to be explored that could prove viable to generate additional revenue & hopefully increase the fanbase too instead of whoring our ground to bigots and racists and abandoning our morals by intentially inviting reported groups of terrorist sympathisers and folk who celebrate violence against each other into our football sanctuary

'SEW' Simple Digital Arena.

South
East
West
stands for home supporters only.

Have a good day chaps & ladies.

Again you might not like it but I’m entitled to my reasoning why I have that opinion. Sounds like your negative mindset won’t allow you to see a soon enough future where our crowds go on an upward trend. 
I have been completely consistent & it sounds like that’s frustrated your troll attempts, sorry about that  
Nothing wrong with fishing, just a shame you couldn’t enjoy it more with me giving reasoned responses. :rolleyes:
Aye right [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Less consistency than a type 7 shite.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Those pictures show a good few empty seats, further up the stand as well from what I can see. As I said open to comment as I wasn’t there. You’ve just decided to go off on a rant instead. 

Get real, Bazil. It's not me going off on a rant, it's you continually contorting and twisting everything and anything to suit you position. The top picture shows a very good BLUR, with possibly people standing at the top beyond the back row of seats, people standing on the stairs on the right next to the end wall and people standing in the stairwell on the opposite side of that seating block as well, but I don't think it shows those in the Loo or at the Food Kiosk.

Kombibuddie has blown your more money argument to pieces with the West Stand logic. 

Edited by sally02

11 minutes ago, sally02 said:

Get real, Bazil. It's not me going off on a rant, it's you continually contorting and twisting everything and anything to suit you position. The top picture shows a very good BLUR, with possibly people standing at the top beyond the back row of seats, people standing on the stairs on the right next to the end wall and people standing in the stairwell on the opposite side of that seating block as well, but I don't think it shows those in the Loo or at the Food Kiosk.

Kombibuddie has blown your more money argument to pieces with the West Stand logic. 

My position is the two stands arrangement is justified because of our current attendance numbers & the financial income it brings in (six figures) 

that wont change until our home crowds go up significantly, no matter how many times people post the same points. There’s no twisting there’s no controlling, it’s only me defending my position. I’m allowed this opinion as much as people are allowed to have the opposite. I’m also allowed to have the opinion we shouldn’t give them the West stand based on my points  

I’ve put up with being called several names, a bigot & sectarian sympathisers & panderer. I’m all fine with that, it’s not true but I know peoples emotions run high when it comes to football.

The most frustrating thing for me is that some people aren’t allowing themselves to see the positives at the club right now because of this and I feel a bit sorry about that.  

The pictures do still show a number of empty seats. Not the best quality picture but it clearly does. I mean were they not told to sit down?..

He has not, he’s tried to troll on a point about given them even more seats then went on the defensive when I’ve given a clear reason why I wouldn’t support it & what would have to happen for me to support it.  

I’ve been completely consistent though, that’s why you can’t show where I have been. :blink:
You've gone all Journey on us now [emoji1787]

'Don't stop believing' even if it is utter bollocks.

We've reached that point where you grap a shovel & you dig in. Tin hats on [emoji3]

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

My position is the two stands arrangement is justified because of our current attendance numbers & the financial income it brings in (six figures) 

that wont change until our home crowds go up significantly, no matter how many times people post the same points. There’s no twisting there’s no controlling, it’s only me defending my position. I’m allowed this opinion as much as people are allowed to have the opposite. I’m also allowed to have the opinion we shouldn’t give them the West stand based on my points  

I’ve put up with being called several names, a bigot & sectarian sympathisers & panderer. I’m all fine with that, it’s not true but I know peoples emotions run high when it comes to football.

The most frustrating thing for me is that some people aren’t allowing themselves to see the positives at the club right now because of this and I feel a bit sorry about that.  

The pictures do still show a number of empty seats. Not the best quality picture but it clearly does. I mean were they not told to sit down?..

He has not, he’s tried to troll on a point about given them even more seats then went on the defensive when I’ve given a clear reason why I wouldn’t support it & what would have to happen for me to support it.  

We will agree to differ here as I see the positives of the New Stadium allowing us to start and grow a clean, well facilitated Family Stand over the last ten years, leading to Awards from the Powers that be, with all the surrounding entertainment laid on, the Panda Club, and ticket initiatives for clubs, schools, and other groups, being disregarded for quick money. How can you quantify the turn-off some families will feel at being treated like that after having felt it was a good environment to bring their children too, against money generated on a bigots match day, and the experience that goes with that? The message from us as a football club to the wider society is damning as far as I am concerned.

Just one flashpoint incident in any upcoming games against the two clubs, will rapidly reduce existing fans attendance, and lead to the loss of any financial benefits perceived to be gained from the existing set-up. It's a disaster waiting to happen. 

My sister in law who worked in the food stall in the West stand, had to go over to the Main stand for something they were short of just prior to half time.

She said it was an awful experience having to walk by so many of them getting the usual dirty looks and verbal abuse. 

She also said a couple of the younger members of staff were also shaken with the abuse they were getting.

Needless to say she also support only giving them the 1 stand. 

Apparently the current position with the family stand won’t be reviewed until we significantly increase our fan base.

But  the reason that Kombi’s tongue in cheek idea of the West stand being given to the OF won’t work is we might increase our fan base. 

Twisting and turning......

For the avoidance of doubt I don’t support giving the West to the OF but it yet again demonstrates the foolhardiness of this decision and the basis being continually put forward for it. 

1 minute ago, sally02 said:

We will agree to differ here as I see the positives of the New Stadium allowing us to start and grow a clean, well facilitated Family Stand over the last ten years, leading to Awards from the Powers that be, with all the surrounding entertainment laid on, the Panda Club, and ticket initiatives for clubs, schools, and other groups, being disregarded for quick money. How can you quantify the turn-off some families will feel at being treated like that after having felt it was a good environment to bring their children too, against money generated on a bigots match day, and the experience that goes with that? The message from us as a football club to the wider society is damning as far as I am concerned.

Just one flashpoint incident in any upcoming games against the two clubs, will rapidly reduce existing fans attendance, and lead to the loss of any financial benefits perceived to be gained from the existing set-up. It's a disaster waiting to happen. 

I see it as a mild inconvenience to put up with a different view for 3/4 games. I know that’s an unpopular opinion but I really can’t see it being anything else. If I was asked to move for similar I would  (have in the past)

Would a mild inconvenience stop me supporting my team as a boy, taking my kids as a parent or any other circumstance we can think of? Absolutely not, as a child I hated missing St Mirren games. I think we’ll have a number of fans that understand this arrangement & children that aren’t put off. Certainly not seeing any real evidence for it given our season ticket sales. 

I’ve said it before, there’s no evidence this against two stands is the majority opinion. Some fans will think like me on the financial advantage outweighs the need for some fans to move seat 3/4 games. Could that be a majority of fans? Certainly could  

What do you base your last paragraph on? Arrangement announced for last season - still sold record tickets. 

We’ve now had four games of this - last update was tickets seemingly on par or there abouts even after the incident last season 

also people need to remember reducing them to one stand won’t stop an incident. Might mean if one does happen though we have 100s in home stands 

4 minutes ago, sally02 said:

Your wasting your time here. Best just to let him get back to whatever job he claim to do, which cant be much due to the amount of time he spends on here everyday.

8 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Apparently the current position with the family stand won’t be reviewed until we significantly increase our fan base.

But  the reason that Kombi’s tongue in cheek idea of the West stand being given to the OF won’t work is we might increase our fan base. 

Twisting and turning......

For the avoidance of doubt I don’t support giving the West to the OF but it yet again demonstrates the foolhardiness of this decision and the basis being continually put forward for it. 

If that’s aimed at me it’s not at all T&T. I have a lot of confidence we’ll increase our fan base, this might amaze some people but we would reach filling less seats sooner than more seats. 😯 shocking 

your opinion is it’s fool-hearted. Others disagree & don’t think that’s been evidenced at all. 

My apologies if you feel I have trolled you. That was not my intention.

Your argument is inconsistent which I have clearly demonstrated but you refuse to accept.
You are also mistaken if you think I have gone defensive. I haven't.
Anyways

There is no need for me to go over it again, it's all there.

When anyone talks bollocks, they deserve to be called out. That includes you & I.

All the best & enjoy the rest of your evening. [emoji482]

Very well put.

4 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

My apologies if you feel I have trolled you. That was not my intention.

Your argument is inconsistent which I have clearly demonstrated but you refuse to accept.
You are also mistaken if you think I have gone defensive. I haven't.
Anyways

There is no need for me to go over it again, it's all there.

When anyone talks bollocks, they deserve to be called out. That includes you & I.

All the best & enjoy the rest of your evening. emoji482.png

You jumped over points about given more seats for a reaction - that’s trolling. (Like rest of this thread over recent months it’s also not original, been mentioned before) 

you've shown zero inconsistencies unless you can’t see the difference in capacities between those stands. Like I have said, I can’t make it any simpler. Maybe someone can show you on a calculator? 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You jumped over points about given more seats for a reaction - that’s trolling. (Like rest of this thread over recent months it’s also not original, been mentioned before) 

you've shown zero inconsistencies unless you can’t see the difference in capacities between those stands. Like I have said, I can’t make it any simpler. Maybe someone can show you on a calculator? 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

You don't need a calculator to work out 1 town + 1 team + too many Racists = Zero Family Stand 

Just one last point from me.

If the existing set-up is to remain for the foreseeable future, I would ask the Board not to refer to the South Stand as the Family Stand, and merely as the South Stand, in any Club notices, news items, ticket info, from now on, if for no other purpose than to respect the fans who disagree with the arrangement.

It is no longer the Family Stand!

And while they are at it, update the supporters charter, as this extract, supposedly reviewed in January this year is not accurate.2130927258_SupportersCharterReviewedJanuary2019.thumb.jpeg.fb55a0e80ccd392c0195bda4b9f33185.jpeg

Edited by sally02

We fish in the same pool for followers as our big neighbours. 

Doesn't mean that there isn't a growing appetite in the area for a local team which is doing well. 

One just has to look at the increases in attendances over the past few years. These increases have been little short of spectacular. 

A decent season with growing attendances will test the allocation of both stands to fans of the big two. 

Ultimately we need more neutral, but preferably, more St Mirren fan's bums on seats this season. 

If you know someone who used to go then it's a great time to encourage them back.