If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

The Rangers fans seem to be taking it well on the Bears Den forum. :lol

It seems that fans are being urged to be quiet on European nights and then compensate during the Scottish league games.

UEFA have taken about a week to solve a problem which our own authorities have been sitting on for over a hundred years. :o

Indeed, but UEFA have succeeded in making the penny drop at last.
Scottish Football won't do anything not only because of the weasels running the SPFL, but because of our own club and the supporters that are happy to encourage the bigots.
Apparently it's

Realism 1 Idealism 0

Hopefully, UEFA's action will be the kick in the bollocks Scottish football needs to provoke proper management of this disgrace on our game.

“RANGERS has today informed UEFA’s Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body that the Club will not be requesting tickets for its next European away match.

The Club now faces an additional UEFA charge of racist behaviour for sectarian singing during the first leg of our Europa League play–off tie against Legia Warsaw last Thursday evening. We are liaising with UEFA in relation to this second charge.

The first charge came after the match against St Joseph’s at Ibrox on Thursday, July 18. A consequence of sectarian singing from section BF1 of the ground that evening is that UEFA ordered a partial closure of our stadium for tomorrow night’s crucial game. Those fans responsible for this partial closure of Ibrox Stadium need to understand that they are damaging our Club. If there is a further incidence at tomorrow night’s match this could lead to a ground closure.

The same applies to those who indulged in sectarian singing in Warsaw last week and that is why we have taken the decision to make UEFA aware that we will decline tickets for our next away match even though this means that, once again, the many must suffer because of the few.

This kind of behaviour has no place at Ibrox, or anywhere else where our many teams appear. Offenders must please stop. You are endangering your Club which has recently launched its Everyone Anyone project aimed at welcoming all to Ibrox. Those who wish to sing offensive songs must realise by now that they are insulting Rangers players, staff, and fellow fans. There is nothing clever, bold or even defiant in what this small number of supporters are doing.

By supporting Rangers in the correct way the rest of us must strive to protect our great Club. One way or another this offensive behaviour must end and it would be much more preferable if we stopped it ourselves, simply by behaving like true Rangers fans.”

not wanting away tickets... is just  trying to postpone the inevitable racism/bigotry that’ll ensure any further euro games will be behind closed doors.  

The outfit is financially rickety.  As in mr Whyte’s day, it can’t survive without euro money.  It needs bigot funded euro nights.

Mr Gerrard better be better than Mr McCoist at euro fitba. :lol:

this is entertainment, much better than the cinema.  :)

9 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Zero. My view on this has not and will never change. If we give tickets to the bigots at the expense of even one fan being able to get a ticket I would not support the arrangement. 

I don't believe we wold do that though, GLS has made comment to reviewing the arrangement on increased ticket prices before. 

But your not happy with the idea of the North and West being given to them when currently it will not affect one St mirren supporter.

Kombi has you sewn up like a kipper 

Oaksoft lecturing on empathy [emoji1787]

Again if you could address the points instead of making more baseless emotional statements the thread would benefit, not to mention those reading it.

TPAFTWAT lecturing on addressing his irrelevant and baseless points yet again.

As if the world revolves around your points! [emoji23]

Sectarianism thrives in Scotland because of people like you. You’re part of the problem.

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The Rangers fans seem to be taking it well on the Bears Den forum. :lol

It seems that fans are being urged to be quiet on European nights and then compensate during the Scottish league games.

UEFA have taken about a week to solve a problem which our own authorities have been sitting on for over a hundred years. :o

I wouldn't be giving UEFA too many plaudits. Their fans (old club & new) have been behaving like this in European games for decades,  and its only now UEFA seem to be doing something about it. 

7 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Sectarianism thrives in Scotland because of people like you. You’re part of the problem.

Why quote things like that, when there's all probability that's it's not true.    

What exactly is the sectarianism that is thriving in Scotland or is it the one between two clubs in Glasgow your taking about. 

14 hours ago, Kemp said:

People like Bazil and the decsion makers at our club actively encourage sectarianism in Scotland.

f**king hell, even Rangers themselves are now refusing tickets for European away games because their poison is unwelcome at UEFA.

Yet we sit and squabble about how much extra money we can make by encouraging them.

I do not, don’t be so ridiculous. People like you are what’s wrong with our football club. Having such offensive views of others that don’t share your opinion. Shame on you. 

11 hours ago, slapsalmon said:

But your not happy with the idea of the North and West being given to them when currently it will not affect one St mirren supporter.

Kombi has you sewn up like a kipper 

More rubbish. As I clearly said if our crowds were lower I think that arrangement could be justified.

My view that we can very soon be in a position where that will impact St Mirren fans not getting a ticket is the reason I wouldn’t currently support it. 

Its curious fans on here giving different hypothetical examples then thinking they’ve got someone because they would view said examples differently. :rolleyes:

that makes a lot of sense... 

2 hours ago, DumboBud said:

He doesn’t seem to like it when you apply logic to his reasoning. 

There was plenty of logic in my response. A few responders got upset that my view changed under a different scenario then went all defensive. Also get a funny feeling they weren’t expecting me to agree with it if our crowds were to significantly reduce... 

got to pander to some people that refuse to let fans have a different opinion from them. :lol:

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think it makes sound financial sense to give the West & North stands to the bigot brothers!

that could be another six figure sum that we apparently need just to pay the wages? Well done Kombi..! Only a fool would be unable to see this financial benefit.

No one said we need it just to pay our wages, more negative spin. It allowed for us to increase our wages. 

I’m sure there would be a financial benefit, didn’t say there wouldn’t. Isn’t all that’s important & have never said it was. 

21 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I do not, don’t be so ridiculous. People like you are what’s wrong with our football club. Having such offensive views of others that don’t share your opinion. Shame on you. 

I offend you.....but having two ends of our ground droning on about the UVF and IRA, and chanting "f**k the Pope and the Vatican" doesn't?

All for a few tiny pieces of silver. Shameful.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

I offend you.....but having two ends of our ground droning on about the UVF and IRA, and chanting "f**k the Pope and the Vatican" doesn't?

All for a few tiny pieces of silver. Shameful.

You don’t offend me, I’m not easily offended but it’s an offensive comment. 

Nope that doesn’t offend me either. I think Scottish football should be stamping it out yes & would walk those two clubs out of Scottish football altogether if it was up to me. But I’m not like others who cry over not having more empty seats at these games. 

My view, I’m allowed it. You can’t change it, won’t change it & that’s that, sorry  

six figures/ 10% increase in our wage budget also isn’t tiny. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

You don’t offend me, I’m not easily offended but it’s an offensive comment. 

Nope that doesn’t offend me either. I think Scottish football should be stamping it out yes & would walk those two clubs out of Scottish football altogether if it was up to me. But I’m not like others who cry over not having more empty seats at these games. 

My view, I’m allowed it. You can’t change it, won’t change it & that’s that, sorry  

six figures/ 10% increase in our wage budget also isn’t tiny. 

You certainly are entitled to your view, bazil.

you are allowed it, in the same way as the SFA allow the expression of racist, bigoted views from the sevco fans, week in, week out.

And you expressing your unrelenting support for kicking Buddies out of their family space in order to accommodate such people, does seem to me to be “actively encouraging sectarianism in Scotland”, as kemp rationally suggested.

How else should we view it?

is it only about money?  Really?

Is it your consistent view, that in life morality should happily accept a back seat to making six figures/10%/not tiny money?

1 minute ago, antrin said:

You certainly are entitled to your view, bazil.

you are allowed it, in the same way as the SFA allow the expression of racist, bigoted views from the sevco fans, week in, week out.

And you expressing your unrelenting support for kicking Buddies out of their family space in order to accommodate such people, does seem to me to be “actively encouraging sectarianism in Scotland”, as kemp rationally suggested.

How else should we view it?

is it only about money?  Really?

Is it your consistent view, that in life morality should happily accept a back seat to making six figures/10%/not tiny money?

Well you should be embarrassed at yourself for sharing that opinion. 

I’m in no way encouraging sectarianism. Yes we do have to consider proposals to increase our income, this one works for many reasons. 

- it isn’t running the risk of any SMFC fan not being able to watch the club anytime soon 

- we have enough space to accommodate it & segregate 

- a different view for these fans shouldn’t be considered an overall hardship. (It wouldn’t for me if I was getting moved)

The behaviour of their fans is a separate issue & one the SPFL/ SFA/ clubs have hopefully been embarrassed into taking action on after Uefa in the last week.

Someone supporting an arrangement based on the above is not facilitating behaviour that authorities should be removing ffs.

Accusing fans of doing this because they have a different option & want to give the club the best reasonable chances to progress is frankly shameful. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Well you should be embarrassed at yourself for sharing that opinion. 

I’VE READ SOME LIMP COMEBACKS, BUT THAT’S THE WINNER!  :lol:

I’m in no way encouraging sectarianism. Yes we do have to consider proposals to increase our income, this one works for many reasons. 

- it isn’t running the risk of any SMFC fan not being able to watch the club anytime soon 

- we have enough space to accommodate it & segregate 

- a different view for these fans shouldn’t be considered an overall hardship. (It wouldn’t for me if I was getting moved)

The behaviour of their fans is a separate issue & one the SPFL/ SFA/ clubs have hopefully been embarrassed into taking action on after Uefa in the last week.

Someone supporting an arrangement based on the above is not facilitating behaviour that authorities should be removing ffs.

Accusing fans of doing this because they have a different option & want to give the club the best reasonable chances to progress is frankly shameful. 

You really can’t project YOUR shame onto others.

I imagine any business which exploits a minority, would shamelessly consider itself above mere morality.  And any proponent of actions that further racism, bigotry or sexism accidentally would fumble for the same excuses.

“it wasn’t me, guv.  I blame the authorities for not stepping in when I was found lacking in morality!  It’s Big Boys doing it in our Family Stand and I only wanted their money, not their attitudes, beliefs and racism!  How could I have ever known?!  The authorities should have stopped me,”

YOU condone their racism, by acquiescence.  You are proud to accept bribes to place ra peepul on a bigger soapbox.

3 hours ago, munoz said:

I wouldn't be giving UEFA too many plaudits. Their fans (old club & new) have been behaving like this in European games for decades,  and its only now UEFA seem to be doing something about it. 

They have been punishing Eastern European teams for a while

Their hand i would imagine has been encouraged to look closely at others

Pity it's took them for Sevco to act not the powers to be here

But not surprised since the same fans can close down roads and march and sing with the Police on the streets

Just now, antrin said:

You really can’t project YOUR shame onto others.

I imagine any business which exploits a minority, would shamelessly consider itself above mere morality.  And any proponent of actions that further racism, bigotry or sexism accidentally would fumble for the same excuses.

“it wasn’t me, guv.  I blame the authorities for not stepping in when I was found lacking in morality!  It’s Big Boys doing it in our Family Stand and I only wanted their money, not their attitudes, beliefs and racism!  How could I have ever known?!  The authorities should have stopped me,”

YOU condone their racism, by acquiescence.  You are proud to accept bribes to place ra peepul on a bigger soapbox.

So any St Mirren fan at all that supports this arrangement is ACTIVELY encouraging sectarianism? Shocking point for anyone to make. Might be news to some but if we have 300, 3,000 or 30,000 of their fans in a stadium you'll likely hear bigoted singing/ chants from some of them. That is the issue. The issue isn't a 'how many' one, it's a 'this happens and shouldn't happen one'

You being happy with fewer of their fans singing these songs might be the POV you want to take, mine is that of eradication regardless of fan numbers. I also don't think this is their full fan base or even a majority in the modern day, do you?

This is another coping mechanism for fans that just can't stand different opinions. 

How are a minority getting exploited exactly? By being offered a different view to a football game, utter rubbish. First world problems eh?

I am not above morality and I my actions do not further any of the noted behaviours. Yours is exactly the sort of behaviour the new moderation should be targeting. Calling fellow St Mirren fans racism condones for a view on the number of seats we give visiting football fans, unacceptable.

You're the one showing a lack of moral behaviour here, that's completely clear.