If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

Can everyone stop biting at Wendy's windups?

In his previous persona as Captain Sensible he used to openly boast, and be proud of, his claim that he had personally seen Saints beat the OF on 23 occasions.

The 'condoning sectarianism' mantra is nothing other than fish food for bottom feeders and he gets bites every time.

3 hours ago, munoz said:

I wouldn't be giving UEFA too many plaudits. Their fans (old club & new) have been behaving like this in European games for decades,  and its only now UEFA seem to be doing something about it. 

Agreed but once they did get going they seem to have made serious inroads.

Loads of Rangers people are now talking about leaving the sectarian stuff in the past where it belongs.

There's been a seismic shift here. It just needs the authorities to follow through on what they are doing.

THEN we need the Scottish authorities to smell the coffee, grow a set of balls and kill this for good.

28 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So any St Mirren fan at all that supports this arrangement is ACTIVELY encouraging sectarianism? Shocking point for anyone to make. Might be news to some but if we have 300, 3,000 or 30,000 of their fans in a stadium you'll likely hear bigoted singing/ chants from some of them. That is the issue. The issue isn't a 'how many' one, it's a 'this happens and shouldn't happen one'

You being happy with fewer of their fans singing these songs might be the POV you want to take, mine is that of eradication regardless of fan numbers. I also don't think this is their full fan base or even a majority in the modern day, do you?

This is another coping mechanism for fans that just can't stand different opinions. 

How are a minority getting exploited exactly? By being offered a different view to a football game, utter rubbish. First world problems eh?

I am not above morality and I my actions do not further any of the noted behaviours. Yours is exactly the sort of behaviour the new moderation should be targeting. Calling fellow St Mirren fans racism condones for a view on the number of seats we give visiting football fans, unacceptable.

You're the one showing a lack of moral behaviour here, that's completely clear.

Don’t get me wrong, I was not replying to ALL Saints fans - only your good self who is the self-appointed and unrelenting proponent of bending over for the racists/bigots.  And I am not pillorying you (nor other fans as far as I can see, reading back my posts) on their opinions about football x it all about making convoluted excuses for turning a blind eye to racism/bigotry.

All fans on here upset by the Family Stand being given over to sevco fans are only too aware of the baggage they bring.  I have no toleration for those who think making money out of them can excuse that tacit support and turning of a blind eye.

I do agree that calling out your support for it is not something I take pleasure in, as in most respects you are positive about StMirren.

This lack of insight you show is perhaps a small temporary flaw and I do hope you reflect upon how others rightly perceive your indefatigability on behalf of giving in to the buttocks and trying to cover it in a cloak of b+w stripes.

ping pong - your turn to paddle back with another whataboutery.

30 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

In his previous persona as Captain Sensible he used to openly boast, and be proud of, his claim that he had personally seen Saints beat the OF on 23 occasions.

The 'condoning sectarianism' mantra is nothing other than fish food for bottom feeders and he gets bites every time.

I am not piling on as a bite to a wind up.   I genuinely am upset by Saints abandoning that Family Stand to make money out of racists, and on this thread I am stunned by Bazil’s refusal to see it is not a good thing.

ps off out to get on with life in the sunshine.

He’ll drone on at length, no doubt.

Edited by antrin

8 minutes ago, antrin said:

Don’t get me wrong, I was not replying to ALL Saints fans - only your good self who is the self-appointed and unrelenting proponent of bending over for the racists/bigots.  And I am not pillorying you (nor other fans as far as I can see, reading back my posts) on their opinions about football x it all about making convoluted excuses for turning a blind eye to racism/bigotry.

All fans on here upset by the Family Stand being given over to sevco fans are only too aware of the baggage they bring.  I have no toleration for those who think making money out of them can excuse that tacit support and turning of a blind eye.

I do agree that calling out your support for it is not something I take pleasure in, as in most respects you are positive about StMirren.

This lack of insight you show is perhaps a small temporary flaw and I do hope you reflect upon how others rightly perceive your indefatigability on behalf of giving in to the buttocks and trying to cover it in a cloak of b+w stripes.

ping pong - your turn to paddle back with another whataboutery.

So let me get this straight, other fans of SMFC can agree with this arrangement but are NOT condoning racism however because I respond to people with my view on the subject I do? 

I am not turning a blind eye to bigotry, I think it should be categorically stamped out. Sevco & Celtic would be playing at empty home stadiums very regularly if the rules were up to me, I would also remove their allocation from away games & make them pay compensation to that value to the home clubs should the singing and behaviour continue. If it had continued as it has over the years by now I would have had them expelled completely.

I don't see how some of their fans being bigots though should impact a particular club on a number of seats decision. Not related and it certainly isn't condoning racism

So no money out of them at all? By that argument any fan that thinks we should give them any seats at all is condoning racism, correct? Back to my point, it isn't a number of seat situation. My opinion is we have made the right choice in exploring this income stream. You have taken it upon yourself to say because my opinion is different from yours I must condone racists. Pathetic POV frankly. 

I see no flaw in my opinion on this subject, nor do I see one in peoples opinion we shouldn't do it. You obviously think highly enough of yourself that you don't need to respect others opinions. 

16 minutes ago, antrin said:

I am not piling on as a bite to a wind up.   I genuinely am upset by Saints abandoning that Family Stand to make money out of racists, and on this thread I am stunned by Bazil’s refusal to see it is not a good thing.

ps off out to get on with life in the sunshine.

He’ll drone on at length, no doubt.

It is not a good thing, I don't want this to happen, I don't like it and wish it wasn't a thing. My view is and always has been it is justifiable under our current situation. A tolerance for something is not the same as saying it is a 'good thing' 

I will 'drone on' when people accuse me of condoning racism or make other wrong comments about me yes. Others should as well, pathetic behaviour like yours should be challenged. 

58 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

if the rules were up to me, I would also remove their allocation from away games 

And yet you've spent literally MONTHS arguing the polar opposite viewpoint. :blink:

By giving racists and bigots another stand, we are facilitating an increase in both characteristics, chucking kids under the bus in the process. To then attempt to justify that on the basis of increased money is such a poor argument lacking in any morals, ethics, scruples or decency that it beggars belief that it needs pointed out.

I’ve come to realise that St Mirren, Scottish football and society in general would be better off without the OF

Fans need to force the clubs to set up a new league without them!

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

So let me get this straight, other fans of SMFC can agree with this arrangement but are NOT condoning racism however because I respond to people with my view on the subject I do?

No.  You haven't got it straight.  In the post to which you are replying I categorically state that it's not the opinions of others with which I disagree, but your failure to contemplate how wrong you may be: YOU, YOURS, ONLY YOU.  If others were constantly stating it is a better thing for Saints to take the 30 pieces of silver than to reject it, then I would similarly criticise their decision.

I am not turning a blind eye to bigotry, I think it should be categorically stamped out. Sevco & Celtic would be playing at empty home stadiums very regularly if the rules were up to me, I would also remove their allocation from away games & make them pay compensation to that value to the home clubs should the singing and behaviour continue. If it had continued as it has over the years by now I would have had them expelled completely.

Your actions in wholeheartedly supporting the selling of the Family Stand to Racists undercuts all that you have iterated on this subject so far.  Deeds rather than thinking, I suggest.

I don't see how some of their fans being bigots though should impact a particular club on a number of seats decision. Not related and it certainly isn't condoning racism

So no money out of them at all? By that argument any fan that thinks we should give them any seats at all is condoning racism, correct? Back to my point, it isn't a number of seat situation. My opinion is we have made the right choice in exploring this income stream. You have taken it upon yourself to say because my opinion is different from yours I must condone racists. Pathetic POV frankly. 

That the corrupt SFA demand and enforce that an away supporters allocation MUST BE MADE is the only get-out clause available. St Mirren and others HAVE to give them room.  To also chuck kids out of the erstwhile Family Stand is my problem  And when you protest that making more money from it is somehow a moral choice, I have to point out the flaw in that thinking which, conveniently, is also my response to your next sentence.

I see no flaw in my opinion on this subject, nor do I see one in peoples opinion we shouldn't do it. You obviously think highly enough of yourself that you don't need to respect others opinions. 

Our opinions on this certainly differ. I respect you having your opinion and it is no surprise that you see no flaw in your opinions. That is why I have been helpfully pointing out its flaw: that it results in giving support and succour to racists.  It's not enough to respect points of view that can lead to harm to others.

Ping Pong.  Your next long-winded denial, please?  :)

59 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And yet you've spent literally MONTHS arguing the polar opposite viewpoint. :blink:

By giving racists and bigots another stand, we are facilitating an increase in both characteristics, chucking kids under the bus in the process. To then attempt to justify that on the basis of increased money is such a poor argument lacking in any morals, ethics, scruples or decency that it beggars belief that it needs pointed out.

Aw look at you, so desperate that you selectively quote me. As I clearly pointed out, I would also make the clubs financially compensate for lost revenue. 

Not all Celtic & Rangers fans are racists & bigots. I do not facilitate racism. This to me seems like the acts of people so upset that they can’t change what’s happening so they lash out at those with a different opinion. 

You don’t like it, I get that I genuinely do but you like the others should be embarrassed at your pathetic behaviour in saying your fellow SMFC fans don’t have morals & facilitate racism because of this view. It’s simply wrong 

40 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Yes!

Well it's not true, not in the slightest. Other clubs shouldn't suffer financially because of racists & bigots, that's letting them win. Responsibility of those that run our game to stamp it out, UEFA have almost managed it in a week.  

15 minutes ago, antrin said:

Ping Pong.  Your next long-winded denial, please?  :)

So let me get this straight, other fans of SMFC can agree with this arrangement but are NOT condoning racism however because I respond to people with my view on the subject I do?

No.  You haven't got it straight.  In the post to which you are replying I categorically state that it's not the opinions of others with which I disagree, but your failure to contemplate how wrong you may be: YOU, YOURS, ONLY YOU.  If others were constantly stating it is a better thing for Saints to take the 30 pieces of silver than to reject it, then I would similarly criticise their decision.

Wee bit of backtracking there. My opinion on the subject is my opinion. You think it's wrong that's fine but I think it's clear you have embarassed youself by making ridiculous marks on condoning racism.  A pathetic POV that I have rightly and will continue to call you and others out on. 

Your actions in wholeheartedly supporting the selling of the Family Stand to Racists undercuts all that you have iterated on this subject so far.  Deeds rather than thinking, I suggest.

Playing ping pong with yourself here, others support the clubs decision, are they condoning racists as well now? Make your mind up. 

I don't see how some of their fans being bigots though should impact a particular club on a number of seats decision. Not related and it certainly isn't condoning racism

So no money out of them at all? By that argument any fan that thinks we should give them any seats at all is condoning racism, correct? Back to my point, it isn't a number of seat situation. My opinion is we have made the right choice in exploring this income stream. You have taken it upon yourself to say because my opinion is different from yours I must condone racists. Pathetic POV frankly. 

That the corrupt SFA demand and enforce that an away supporters allocation MUST BE MADE is the only get-out clause available. St Mirren and others HAVE to give them room.  To also chuck kids out of the erstwhile Family Stand is my problem  And when you protest that making more money from it is somehow a moral choice, I have to point out the flaw in that thinking which, conveniently, is also my response to your next sentence.

We are bound by rules of the game to make some tickets available to away fans. If your opinion is all these fans are bigots, it doesn't matter how many we have in, we have bigots.  This isn't a number of tickets issue which you're wrongly trying to make it out to be. The SFA & SPFL should hopefully be embarrassed into action now, other clubs shouldn't be punished because of bigoted behaviours. 

Our opinions on this certainly differ. I respect you having your opinion and it is no surprise that you see no flaw in your opinions. That is why I have been helpfully pointing out its flaw: that it results in giving support and succour to racists.  It's not enough to respect points of view that can lead to harm to others.

You haven't pointed out any flaw whatsoever. You've accused your fellow fans of condoning and now SUPPORTING racism. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So let me get this straight, other fans of SMFC can agree with this arrangement but are NOT condoning racism however because I respond to people with my view on the subject I do?

Wee bit of backtracking there. My opinion on the subject is my opinion. You think it's wrong that's fine but I think it's clear you have embarassed youself by making ridiculous marks on condoning racism.  A pathetic POV that I have rightly and will continue to call you and others out on. 

Playing ping pong with yourself here, others support the clubs decision, are they condoning racists as well now? Make your mind up. 

I don't see how some of their fans being bigots though should impact a particular club on a number of seats decision. Not related and it certainly isn't condoning racism

So no money out of them at all? By that argument any fan that thinks we should give them any seats at all is condoning racism, correct? Back to my point, it isn't a number of seat situation. My opinion is we have made the right choice in exploring this income stream. You have taken it upon yourself to say because my opinion is different from yours I must condone racists. Pathetic POV frankly. 

We are bound by rules of the game to make some tickets available to away fans. If your opinion is all these fans are bigots, it doesn't matter how many we have in, we have bigots.  This isn't a number of tickets issue which you're wrongly trying to make it out to be. The SFA & SPFL should hopefully be embarrassed into action now, other clubs shouldn't be punished because of bigoted behaviours. 

Our opinions on this certainly differ. I respect you having your opinion and it is no surprise that you see no flaw in your opinions. That is why I have been helpfully pointing out its flaw: that it results in giving support and succour to racists.  It's not enough to respect points of view that can lead to harm to others.

You haven't pointed out any flaw whatsoever. You've accused your fellow fans of condoning and now SUPPORTING racism. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

You have made as much of a muddle of this post as you have the rest of the thread Bazil.

Wood see you the trees can't for!  I think that's how you appear to a good few on the forum!

Give it a rest, please?

29 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

A.   Wee bit of backtracking there. My opinion on the subject is my opinion. You think it's wrong that's fine but I think it's clear you have embarassed youself by making ridiculous marks on condoning racism.  A pathetic POV that I have rightly and will continue to call you and others out on. 

B.   Playing ping pong with yourself here, others support the clubs decision, are they condoning racists as well now? Make your mind up. 

C.   We are bound by rules of the game to make some tickets available to away fans. If your opinion is all these fans are bigots, it doesn't matter how many we have in, we have bigots.  This isn't a number of tickets issue which you're wrongly trying to make it out to be. The SFA & SPFL should hopefully be embarrassed into action now, other clubs shouldn't be punished because of bigoted behaviours. 

D.   You haven't pointed out any flaw whatsoever. You've accused your fellow fans of condoning and now SUPPORTING racism. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

As ever you think making threads unreadable is a good move.   I'd got used to you being boring, but deliberately confusing is new.... possibly a new tactic to wear down the opposition.  I must admit to you making progress.  You are very boring, but I'll make a half-hearted attempt at reply, knowing you don't really read replies.

I'll try to reiterate.  Thinking  of others, I have simplified.

In repeats of replies to A, B, C, and D above.

A.  No backtracking needed.  It is just you and your warped way of looking the world, with which I beg to differ.

B.  No, really... It IS just you.  There doesn't appear to be shoals of Buddies who think coining it in by having so many Racists at each end of the stadium is such a good idea as you claim you do.

C.   It was me who pointed out in the sentence above C, that YOUR (and all other Buddies') only excuse for accepting the Racists in Paisley is because the SFA  SAYS SO.  The Rules of the Game as run by the SFA.  So I'm glad you actually understood and accept and used at least a bit of my reply and weren't blinded by your ego. 

Your wholehearted endorsement of extending the hand of welcome to the Racists... then using it to shove out Families from the Family Stand is what is wrong.  It is, as you keep on harping on - YOUR OPINION that this is ok.  I think it is morally defective, in my humble OPINION.   It IS all about opinions.  But by welcoming them to expand their dirty footprint in our stadium is not going to embarrass the SFA/SPFL in any way.  The opposite is likely to be the case.

I agree that other clubs should not be punished due to bigoted behaviours, but what, in this thread, I am firmly arguing against is that we should be rewarded for helping create a space in which it is welcomed.

No matter how often you stress that you are in the right, it won't dent reality. 

D.  You haven't been reading the replies.  I am not accusing my not fellow fans -only you.  It is only you with your misguided attempt to make moving racists into a space once occupied by kids seem normal.  That is not normal.

Edited by antrin

14 minutes ago, sally02 said:

You have made as much of a muddle of this post as you have the rest of the thread Bazil.

Wood see you the trees can't for!  I think that's how you appear to a good few on the forum!

Give it a rest, please?

I will always defend myself at someone saying I support racism, I’d hope anyone would do the same. Do you think that’s a fair thing to say of a fellow st Mirren fan? 

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

As ever you think making threads unreadable is a good move.   I'd got used to you being boring, but deliberately confusing is new.... possibly a new tactic to wear down the opposition.  I must admit to you making progress.  You are very boring, but I'll make a half-hearted attempt at reply, knowing you don't really read replies.

I'll try to reiterate.  Thinking  of others, I have simplified.

In repeats of replies to A, B, C, and D above.

A.  No backtracking needed.  It is just you and your warped way of looking the world, with which I beg to differ.

B.  No, really... It IS just you.  There doesn't appear to be shoals of Buddies who think coining it in by having so many Racists at each end of the stadium is such a good idea as you claim you do.

C.   It was me who pointed out in the sentence above C, that YOUR (and all other Buddies') only excuse for accepting the Racists in Paisley is because the SFA  SAYS SO.  The Rules of the Game as run by the SFA.  So I'm glad you actually understood and accept and used at least a bit of my reply and weren't blinded by your ego. 

Your wholehearted endorsement of extending the hand of welcome to the Racists... then using it to shove out Families from the Family Stand is what is wrong.  It is, as you keep on harping on - YOUR OPINION that this is ok.  I think it is morally defective, in my humble OPINION.   It IS all about opinions.  But by welcoming them to expand their dirty footprint in our stadium is not going to embarrass the SFA/SPFL in any way.  The opposite is likely to be the case.

I agree that other clubs should not be punished due to bigoted behaviours, but what, in this thread, I am firmly arguing against is that we should be rewarded for helping create a space in which it is welcomed.

No matter how often you stress that you are in the right, it won't dent reality. 

D.  You haven't been reading the replies.  I am not accusing my not fellow fans -only you.  It is only you with your misguided attempt to make moving racists into a space once occupied by kids seem normal.  That is not normal.

You're using one of your go to and very ineffective argument techniques, that's why it isn't working for you. This boils down to you calling your fellow fans supporters of racism, you've then backtracked to only me, of which I have easily managed to point the flaws out in below. If you think however it's 'boring' for someone to defend themselves against that it really beggars belief. The irony is you cry and moan about my response techniques but then do exactly the same. 

A. Just me that supports racism? Can you show where my view on this subject is different from the others that agree on the two stand arrangement and absolutely every other SMFC fan?

B. Once again I agree with the situation, I don't think it's a good thing. A good thing would be our stands full of SMFC fans so we didn't have to even consider it... If you ever wonder why it's so easy to beat you in arguments refer back to this point. Also feel free to come back onto it regarding not reading posts

C. You seem to be confused between reality and what I think the SFA/ SPFL should do here. You then continuing to show me in the light as someone that supports racism is an embarrassment to yourself and anyone that knows you. I do not 'welcome' any racism and your twisting of my opinion shows what a desperate, small person you are. I can think of few things worse you could say to a person than they support such vile actions of mankind. 

When I say embarrass the SFA/ SPFL I mean how swiftly UEFA have handled it this season. Another point you've not managed to read properly. Your opinion that having bigots in one stand but not two is yours to have, I personally think the problem of bigotry needs tackled, not the number you're happy to have at football stadiums.

This isn't a matter of right and wrong, this is where you and others completely fall down. You have one opinion I have another. You can try and present it as yours is right and mine is wrong but that will never be a reality on a point of opinion. 

D. back to my earlier point, no other fans agree on the reasons for this call, if you're saying that isn't true then please point out where my opinion on this is different from absolutely every other SMFC fan?

I think it's clear who the one is that doesn't read replies. I wouldn't have been able to point out your several inconsistencies if I hadn't read your posts. 

I'll take your dipping out of this as an acceptance you were wrong to make such offensive and pathetic remarks on supporting racism. As much of an embarrassment that you've been to someone you don't know beyond an internet thread, I'm happy to put it in the past.  

24 minutes ago, antrin said:

OK, Buddies.  I apologise for the boredom of this.

I am out of this thread.  Bazil 'wins' again.  :)

1 minute ago, antrin said:

🤣

He just can’t help the lies. I would take that them over accusations relating to racism everyday right enough :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, slapsalmon said:

It's absolute comedy.

I've never seen anyone unite a forum in the way our basil has. The only person who ever agrees with him is Ricky and that tells you all you need to know. 

Trust me, a lot of other fans agree with me on the two stand arrangement. 

Those who moan the loudest aren’t automatically a majority. Look at the SMISA thread for example 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Trust me, a lot of other fans agree with me on the two stand arrangement. 

Those who moan the loudest aren’t automatically a majority. Look at the SMISA thread for example 

Trust me, a lot of other fans don't agree with you. 

Usual line. Look at SMiSA. Most members don't bother their arse voting, doesn't mean they agree.