If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

Well it's not true, not in the slightest. Other clubs shouldn't suffer financially because of racists & bigots, that's letting them win. Responsibility of those that run our game to stamp it out, UEFA have almost managed it in a week.  

Kicking children out of the family stand to hand their seats to Rangers fans is letting the racists and bigots win!

The fans could have managed to stop it years ago if they’d boycotted these matches.

We’re making money from the exploitation of sectarianism. We’re no better than the OF.

2 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

Trust me, a lot of other fans don't agree with you. 

Usual line. Look at SMiSA. Most members don't bother their arse voting, doesn't mean they agree. 

Didn’t say it did but whatever. A majority of voting SMISA members views differ from the few boo boys on here. A number of fans that couldn’t care less will also not care less on this subject  

I believe a vote from SMISA or season ticket holders would find a voting majority in favour of current arrangement. 

4 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Kicking children out of the family stand to hand their seats to Rangers fans is letting the racists and bigots win!

The fans could have managed to stop it years ago if they’d boycotted these matches.

We’re making money from the exploitation of sectarianism. We’re no better than the OF.

One stand, two stands, all the stands it’s always shown the bigots are still there. Changing their allocation doesn’t let them win. Taking no action does. 

A boycott has never been practical & probably still isn’t. SPFL/ SFA care more about Sevco & Celtic than they do us. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I will always defend myself at someone saying I support racism, I’d hope anyone would do the same. Do you think that’s a fair thing to say of a fellow st Mirren fan? 

I think you'll find that other contributors are trying to defend the right of the families of adults and children that are given exclusive use of the "Family Stand" as stated in the latest review of the Club's Supporters Charter and now find themselves in an inconsistent scenario, where short term cash is in front of long term development of the younger fan base.

Child to Father:-  Daddy, can we got to the football again this week to go to the Panda Club, and have a go on the bouncy castle, beat the goalie, and get my face painted.

Father:- Sorry son, you can't this weekend, because one of the bigot brothers is in town!

Child:- But daddy, I wanted a shot of Bung a Baw at the Panda!

Father:- Our seats are taken by folk who might bung a flare at the goalie or sing some colourful songs, son!

Child: Why?

Father:- Ask the Board, son!

Child:- But the Board didn't ask me. Anyway, dad, what does "up to our Knees in ******** blood mean?

Father:- Where did you hear that?

Child:- I didn't, it was my pal, the last time I couldn't go, said a guy that was sitting in my seat was singing it, and he heard it from the Main Stand with his Mum! Dad, do they take  down the "No Swearing in the Family Stand" sign when the BIG O/T Brothers are in our seats?

Father:- Who Knows, son - maybe they put another one up with the words of the songs on, so it's like karaoke! Do you know that one Money, Money, Money....................?

1 minute ago, sally02 said:

I think you'll find that other contributors are trying to defend the right of the families of adults and children that are given exclusive use of the "Family Stand" as stated in the latest review of the Club's Supporters Charter and now find themselves in an inconsistent scenario, where short term cash is in front of long term development of the younger fan base.

Child to Father:-  Daddy, can we got to the football again this week to go to the Panda Club, and have a go on the bouncy castle, beat the goalie, and get my face painted.

Father:- Sorry son, you can't this weekend, because one of the bigot brothers is in town!

Father:- Our seats are taken by folk who might bung a flare at the goalie or sing some colourful songs, son!

Child:- But the Board didn't ask me. Anyway, dad, what does "up to our Knees in ******** blood mean?

Child:- I didn't, it was my pal, the last time I couldn't go, said a guy that was sitting in my seat was singing it, and he heard it from the Main Stand with his Mum! Dad, do they take  down the "No Swearing in the Family Stand" sign when the BIG O/T Brothers are in our seats?

Father:- Who Knows, son - maybe they put another one up with the words of the songs on, so it's like karaoke! Do you know that one Money, Money, Money....................?

I fully appreciate fans right not to agree with the arrangement. That doesn’t mean I have to agree and it certainly doesn’t mean I support racism. 

Your wee story certainly gets the heart strings pulled in an exaggerated sort of way, as I said before, first world problems to get moved out your seat. the sectarian singing would still happen if they had one stand so a bit irrelevant IMO.

For me a different view is not a big enough inconvenience to stop this arrangement. You wont change my mind on it & neither will anyone else. If that’s the goal for some on here, they’re in for a long ride.

But if they just want to make their point, we have it repeatably over 65 pages here and other threads. Nothing new has been added for months now. 

18 minutes ago, sally02 said:

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I fully appreciate fans right not to agree with the arrangement. Understand that.

That doesn’t mean I have to agree and it certainly doesn’t mean I support racism. I haven't said that.

Your wee story certainly gets the heart strings pulled in an exaggerated sort of way, as I said before, first world problems to get moved out your seat. the sectarian singing would still happen if they had one stand so a bit irrelevant IMO. Not really, it's a perfectly likely scenario. If only one stand it's at least at the other end of the ground. If two stands, more likely twice the voices, more likely twice the noise, and most definitely more likely to be heard by any decanted kids at either end of the home stands.

For me a different view is not a big enough inconvenience to stop this arrangement. You wont change my mind on it & neither will anyone else. If that’s the goal for some on here, they’re in for a long ride. Don't think the inconvenience is the real issue, it's the future planning for the development of a bigger support base being mucked about with that is the issue. Not trying to change your mind, view, opinion or whatever, just trying to make you acknowledge the depth of feeling involved with this issue.

But if they just want to make their point, we have it repeatably over 65 pages here and other threads. Nothing new has been added for months now. Don't agree with that!

Why has the Club not changed the supporters charter when it was reviewed in January?  If I was new to the area and decided to investigate the potential of taking my kids to a family friendly club, I would be led to believe that the family stand was for families with all the fun and entertainment advertised on the website, but if then I found out that in fact it was whored out to an unsavoury crowd on three or four occasions a season, and denied me and my family access to the stand and entertainment, I think I would most likely forget the idea!

One stand, two stands, all the stands it’s always shown the bigots are still there. Changing their allocation doesn’t let them win. Taking no action does. 
A boycott has never been practical & probably still isn’t. SPFL/ SFA care more about Sevco & Celtic than they do us. 

It’s not about SPFL/SFA

It’s about the clubs

A boycott will force clubs to resign from the league and set up a new league without the OF

11 minutes ago, sally02 said:

Why has the Club not changed the supporters charter when it was reviewed in January?  If I was new to the area and decided to investigate the potential of taking my kids to a family friendly club, I would be led to believe that the family stand was for families with all the fun and entertainment advertised on the website, but if then I found out that in fact it was whored out to an unsavoury crowd on three or four occasions a season, and denied me and my family access to the stand and entertainment, I think I would most likely forget the idea!

Wee things like ‘change the supporters charter’ ‘change the name of the family stand’ are just supporters frustrations coming out. They aren’t necessary.

We are still a family club, we do still target further increasing our home crowds & we do want what’s best for SMFC fans. All of that can still exist with this stand agreement. 

Edited by bazil85

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

It’s not about SPFL/SFA

It’s about the clubs

A boycott will force clubs to resign from the league and set up a new league without the OF

Would be great if it happened. I think our best bet is them applying to leave the league in the future though. Hopefully England take them sooner than later. 

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Would be great if it happened. I think our best bet is them applying to leave the league in the future though. Hopefully England take them sooner than later. 

And now you are arguing that our best bet is not to have them in any stands at all?????

But how does that square with you arguing for months that we NEED to give them two stands for the money?

You're doing more twisting than Chubby Checker. I don't think you have the faintest idea what your position is on this or anything else anymore.

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And now you are arguing that our best bet is not to have them in any stands at all?????

But how does that square with you arguing for months that we NEED to give them two stands for the money?

You're doing more twisting than Chubby Checker. I don't think you have the faintest idea what your position is on this or anything else anymore.

She will come back with some twisted deluded pish about "prove it"...she's a fanny..

Edited by gstretchuk

31 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You’re trying hard aren’t you? My number one choice would be them completely out of Scottish football. The unfortunate nature is they’re not so we have to make the best of it & allow the situation we are in to scope decisions. 

If they were completely out no one would be getting any money for them. I mean this is really basic stuff, are you genuinely not understanding this? 

31 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Baz, if you told me 1+1=2, I'd get my fecking calculator out to check.

Wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you.

ETA. And now, for some reason I am wondering exactly how far I could throw you......

Aw petal that’s fine, it just shows me how much I frustrate you. Or is it being powerless in this situation... 

You’re trying hard aren’t you? My number one choice would be them completely out of Scottish football. The unfortunate nature is they’re not so we have to make the best of it & allow the situation we are in to scope decisions. 

If they were completely out no one would be getting any money for them. I mean this is really basic stuff, are you genuinely not understanding this? 

I totally get your point.

BUt, IMO, change can only happen with a mass fan boycott from fans of all across Scotland.

And someone needs to be the first mover and then others will follow. I’m happy to accept the financial sacrifice for Saints to be that first mover.

However, I don’t believe it will ever happen. I don’t believe change will happen ever.

But regardless, I don’t want my club to make money from the exploitation of sectarianism, even if it means our rivals get an edge on us.

Many Saints fans don’t turn up when playing g the OF. Even more don’t turn up when we give them 2 stands.

Making it so unattractive such that Saints fans don’t turn up is not a price worth paying IMO.

And the ironic thing is that many of the folk arguing with you on this thread still goes to these games.

They are part of the problem IMO

I totally get your point.

BUt, IMO, change can only happen with a mass fan boycott from fans of all across Scotland.

And someone needs to be the first mover and then others will follow. I’m happy to accept the financial sacrifice for Saints to be that first mover.

However, I don’t believe it will ever happen. I don’t believe change will happen ever.

But regardless, I don’t want my club to make money from the exploitation of sectarianism, even if it means our rivals get an edge on us.

Many Saints fans don’t turn up when playing g the OF. Even more don’t turn up when we give them 2 stands.

Making it so unattractive such that Saints fans don’t turn up is not a price worth paying IMO.

And the ironic thing is that many of the folk arguing with you on this thread still goes to these games.

They are part of the problem IMO

Yes let’s boycott games & harm our team plus I go to games to support St Mirren whoever they are playing so I’m not part of the problem you are with not putting your arse on a seat. ffs it’s been this way for years none of the clubs or the numpties that run Scottish football have the balls to do anything.

I noticed on Sunday that it was the fans in the away stand that were doing the majority of the sectarian singing never heard much from the family stand. If we didn’t give them the family stand still gong to get the usual songs from them.

But if they just want to make their point, we have it repeatably over 65 pages here and other threads. Nothing new has been added for months now. 

Less than an hour or thereabouts [emoji848][emoji23][emoji23]

I just respond to comments & defend my view. It’s others on here incapable of letting this subject go. 

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Infamy infamy, they've all got it in-for-me.

3 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

That could be quite hefty.  Besides, can't someone else be the first mover, then we could follow. ( wouldn't hold my breath) 

Edited by pod