If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

2 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Alright sweet cheeks emoji2.png.
I hope you have a better weekend this weekend.
BinEK, you too bud, have a great weekend

Let’s all have a great weekend with a saints win. 

Someone has clearly been rattling  due to the lack of Baz attention so it should take the edge off.

Sure everyone has noticed he’s officially breached the terms of the no responding :rolleyes:

‘Or reference me in posts to others.’

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Let’s all have a great weekend with a saints win. 

Someone has clearly been rattling  due to the lack of Baz attention so it should take the edge off.

Sure everyone has noticed he’s officially breached the terms of the no responding :rolleyes:

‘Or reference me in posts to others.’

Forgiveness Baz. Forgiveness. 

COYS

Yes let’s boycott games & harm our team plus I go to games to support St Mirren whoever they are playing so I’m not part of the problem you are with not putting your arse on a seat. ffs it’s been this way for years none of the clubs or the numpties that run Scottish football have the balls to do anything.

I noticed on Sunday that it was the fans in the away stand that were doing the majority of the sectarian singing never heard much from the family stand. If we didn’t give them the family stand still gong to get the usual songs from them.

Being in a league with the OF is harming our club.

If all clubs resigned and started a new league without the OF then all clubs would be better off

There would be more competition, bigger crowds and no sectarianism

This won’t happen unless fans force change

12 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

If all clubs resigned and started a new league without the OF then all clubs would be better off

It's the only way. 

We are stuck with the monolith that is the old firm (i know, i know, one of them died but they're still referred to by the masses as the old firm) anyways,

Not one club in Scotland has the bollocks to dare broach the subject.

Most of the supporters on all them buses leaving the towns & villages all across the country heading for rangers & celtic games every week would still look for a football fix. Many, I expect would go watch their local team.

From Dingwall to Berwick & Stranraer to Peterhead, every club's a winner.

Non league teams would benefit too.

Never going to happen whilst clubs are happy to give up home stands for the bigots pounds.

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

You sure about that figure, and did you deduct the current costs from the new monthly costs? emoji6.png

I thought it was £300/month before deductions of existing costs and time. emoji106.png

That would have been very sensible. Also taken into account the interest we likely make as money increases every month.

Consideration regarding increased admin costs & a potential requirement to hire a part-time member of staff. 

The fact we’re miles ahead of target and that likely has given us more options on admin systems. 

Naughty BiEK.

The information is in the public domain.

It is £300/month minus the annual charge of £400 for the quarterly vote.

That works out at 27 members money and not the 50 you wrote.

And that doesn't include freeing up the directors time from admin work, where they can now sit back and relax over a coffee. [emoji23]
PLEASE let me buy you a drink.
That's the best laugh I've had in such a long time!
Cutting edge humour sir!
[emoji41]

3 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

You sure about that figure, and did you deduct the current costs from the new monthly costs? emoji6.png

I thought it was £300/month before deductions of existing costs and time. emoji106.png

Oddly enough this was the original argument against the 1 stand vs 2 stand nonsense and it was rejected by he who shall not be named.

Now he agrees with this methodology (see a couple of posts up) because it backs his point.

Funny that.

• 3 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:11 PM, Wendy Saintss said:

It is nothing short of mind boggling that this hasn't happened. Or at the very least the threat of it. Celtic and Rangers cannot play each other every week and there's no obvious avenue into any other league structure. More equitable prize money split. Equal TV money split etc etc. All of the other clubs undoubtedly hold the power, they just choose not to exercise it for some bizarre reason. It's not as if Rangers and Celtic can just say "Fine. f**k off then. Hell mend you. Don't come crying to us etc etc" Because they'd be f**ked too.

GLS or any other chairman will not back down in this approach unless fans actually take some action. The only time I can actually remember fans pledging to vote with their feet was when they were deciding if Newco needed to start in the bottom tier. And look what happened. Down they went. That showed not only that fans have power, but also that it isn't a foregone conclusion that the Old Firm need to always get their own way.

The only problem is that you have to start by punishing your own club and that isn't always palatable. Unilateral statements of intent won't work. This has to be all fans at all clubs. And how you make that happen is beyond the wit of a thicko like me.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this where we are heading? ....

St Johnstone will give Celtic and Rangers supporters three stands for the remaining Premiership games at McDiarmid Park this season.

The trial move will see home fans housed solely in the West Stand, which holds in excess of 3,000.

It follows a reduction in the number of season ticket holders attending games against the top two.

The club hope the move will lead to a "partisan atmosphere" from the home support, and increased income.

Saints host Celtic on 29 January, while Rangers are due to visit Perth on 23 February, with Tommy Wright's side currently five points off a top six place.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50985399?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland&link_location=live-reporting-story

'Partisan atmosphere'. 😭 lol