If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

Is this where we are heading? ....

St Johnstone will give Celtic and Rangers supporters three stands for the remaining Premiership games at McDiarmid Park this season.

The trial move will see home fans housed solely in the West Stand, which holds in excess of 3,000.

It follows a reduction in the number of season ticket holders attending games against the top two.

The club hope the move will lead to a "partisan atmosphere" from the home support, and increased income.

Saints host Celtic on 29 January, while Rangers are due to visit Perth on 23 February, with Tommy Wright's side currently five points off a top six place.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50985399?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland&link_location=live-reporting-story

'Partisan atmosphere'. [emoji24] lol

Sorry state of affairs.
The continued short-sighted, racist pound grabbing of our board will push the home support for these games down, and down.
Anyone think more fakes ST holders will turn up with three sides of their ground polluted by racism?

26 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry state of affairs.
The continued short-sighted, racist pound grabbing of our board will push the home support for these games down, and down.
Anyone think more fakes ST holders will turn up with three sides of their ground polluted by racism?

The St J fans can stop it in the same way as St M fans.. By buying enough Season Tickets. A sad, harsh fact of life for all... Use it or lose it. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

The St J fans can stop it in the same way as St M fans.. By buying enough Season Tickets. A sad, harsh fact of life for all... Use it or lose it. 

St Johnstone not so much given how bad their support is,  but I definitely think we could eventually achieve 3 stands for just home support.  

Just now, munoz said:

St Johnstone not so much given how bad their support is,  but I definitely think we could eventually achieve 3 stands for just home support.  

And I agree Munoz. We are making good progress in building our crowds and season ticket numbers. Stay up this season and build towards a top six.. All going well.. And imo we will be there. More to do.. Yes.. But improving. St J are under supported for their performance. No question. 

54 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Is this where we are heading? ....

St Johnstone will give Celtic and Rangers supporters three stands for the remaining Premiership games at McDiarmid Park this season.

The trial move will see home fans housed solely in the West Stand, which holds in excess of 3,000.

It follows a reduction in the number of season ticket holders attending games against the top two.

The club hope the move will lead to a "partisan atmosphere" from the home support, and increased income.

Saints host Celtic on 29 January, while Rangers are due to visit Perth on 23 February, with Tommy Wright's side currently five points off a top six place.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50985399?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland&link_location=live-reporting-story

'Partisan atmosphere'. 😭 lol

Somebody tell poor Elvis. 🤣

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry state of affairs.

You’ve previously argued that St Johnstone are a better run club than us. Does this decision change or lesson your view on that?  

Given it’s likely as a direct result of combined financial losses over the last two years (up to May 2019) of over £400k, the almost certainty that’ll be even more significant after this season and their cash in bank figure falling by more than £500k over three years? 

what a well run club... 😂

48 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Sorry Ricky but that's far too simplistic an argument in my opinion. 

There's got to be a tipping point where it becomes so counterproductive - as you actually alienate home fans from not only avoiding those matches but also from attending other games where they would normally - due to an increasing disillusionment with the club. Aspiring to compete financially and on the park through the old firm filling your stands is simply short-termism and that sort of lack of vision isn't good for any organisation - company, government or football club. 

1 minute ago, Maboza said:

Sorry Ricky but that's far too simplistic an argument in my opinion. 

There's got to be a tipping point where it becomes so counterproductive - as you actually alienate home fans from not only avoiding those matches but also from attending other games where they would normally - due to an increasing disillusionment with the club. Aspiring to compete financially and on the park through the old firm filling your stands is simply short-termism and that sort of lack of vision isn't good for any organisation - company, government or football club. 

I see your argument Maboza. I'm certainly not an advocate for giving both stands away. I also agree it is short term ism. No argument from me on those. I'm merely saying that our trend is upwards and a top six finish would, IMO, make it possible / likely that the present situation would not occur again next season. But.. There is also a part for the online and paper reading fans to play and that is to turn that interest into turning up. The club also needs to be more inventive in ticket sales and promotions. Getting there I'd say but clearly not there yet. 

Saints fans on P&B are saying they have been trying for 8 years to try and increase their support and even with their success on the pitch in the last few years, numbers have stayed around the same. 

Only around 1500 season ticket holders turned up the last time they play newco.

Diddy teams at home live on telly doesn't help either. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Saints fans on P&B are saying they have been trying for 8 years to try and increase their support and even with their success on the pitch in the last few years, numbers have stayed around the same. 

And that's the reality.

There's plenty reason people don't/won't go.

The glory days are long gone.

No amount of novelty ideas will have any dramatic effect.

Losing a generation of kids and families, giving ST holders more reason to not renew, and people like me that just dont want the hassle at a home game.
Really struggling to see how this will sustain the club going forward?
Next time we are relegated the ST numbers will drop along with matchday and away support. What's the plan then, shut two/three stands?

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

The stats say otherwise Tommy. 

Look at the growth over the last 4 or 5 years. Pretty spectacular. 

56 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Was at the Kilmarnock game with a couple of work colleagues that are Killie fans and they both agreed that next season Kilmarnock will revert back to them having the two stands behind the goals.

As you see by this season the gruesome twosome are not dropping points against us diddies

With all their home games against them on the telly and increased prices to pay for the Police pressence.(For all they do as their fans do as they please)

Crowds will decrease among us diddies

But Scottish Fitba needs a strong Sellic and Sevco they continue to tell us

My arse

3 hours ago, Maboza said:

There's got to be a tipping point where it becomes so counterproductive

Exactly this.

The only reason I ever attended these games when I was local was because it was on the season ticket. The 2 stands would have pushed me to the limit. If my club then went full pelt and turned it into a home game for the opposition, I’d say enough was enough and wouldn’t attend.

I can see many Fakes fans doing similar. It’s an insult, and as you say, long term counterproductive.

Not that I’m a fan of giving them the stands, but from reading stuff on St Johnstones Facebook, the majority have seen sense over it, they had reduced the OF allocation before to appease season ticket holders, the numbers went up, but now have went down so they find it as the only feasible thing to do, some saying they can receive around 60k per game. I find it hard to argue against that if totally honest, in a perfect world I’d give them nothing but unfortunately it’s never going to happen! Especially when people refuse to go anyway, although get their self all up tight about the vermin giving the club much needed cash. 

crap but we don’t do ourselves much favours do we ?

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

Not sure, why ? 

5553 average home attendance. 

So were around 2500 short, likely more when the OF come because no matter what you do people will chose NOT to attend.

Not a great deal to do with how many stands they get, more to do with the toxic atmosphere in and around the ground.

As for this imaginary addition, not sure how many you think will come along, they wont materialise unless we become a top 6/4 team and that my friend is more than unlikely. 

55 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So were around 2500 short, likely more when the OF come because no matter what you do people will chose NOT to attend.

Not a great deal to do with how many stands they get, more to do with the toxic atmosphere in and around the ground.

As for this imaginary addition, not sure how many you think will come along, they wont materialise unless we become a top 6/4 team and that my friend is more than unlikely. 

On a Monday night at the tail end of last season we had a crowd of nearly 6500 against Hamilton. 

The support is there- getting them to come along regularly is the challenge.