If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

BEK. Firstly. We are in the same camp regarding giving the family stand away. But.. Essentially those with an interest in the club have a choice (I know it works two ways) to turn their interest into attending more games or not. The tipping point for many is success on the pitch. Understandable. Enough success, sustained success, more home tickets sold. The trend is up. Unfortunately not, it seems, when it comes to OF games. Hence the boards decision. Also why a change of heart by fans who currently boycot the games would be significant. Imo of course 
Again...
When we are relegated again, who is going to fill ANY of the stands?
You reap what you sow, plain & simple.

26 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Again...

If/when we are relegated then we adopt a pricing and incentives approach appropriate for then and keep up the process of building a successful community club. 

If/when we are relegated then we adopt a pricing and incentives approach appropriate for then and keep up the process of building a successful community club. 
The very process we put completely on hold when the OF visit.

Would it not be easier to build the support before they are lost to us or before we reach crisis point?

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

The very process we put completely on hold when the OF visit.

Would it not be easier to build the support before they are lost to us or before we reach crisis point?

You have the knub of the issue there, I agree BEK. I guess my point is that the fans can sort out the present position for the benefit of all if they turn up for the game or complain that they can't get seats in the main or West stands. From the admittedly short term position that, I argue, gives the board a decision to make. Not to do so equally makes it easy, imo, for the board to say.. Well we can be sure of selling out both ends and accommodating any Saints fans who want to come along so let's do that. Two views. Two arguments. Glad it's the board who are making the decision and not me. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
23 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Wait till no one is showing up then try and convince them to show up when the mighty Alloa etc come calling?

See previous posts LPM. 

I share the dislike of giving 2 stands. 

I don't castigate the Board though for taking what would have been a difficult decision. 

I do think that the way to put them under pressure is to turn up and if you can't get a seat then complain loudly. 

The present "boycott" approach isn't going to work as the board will clearly choose the easy money now route. 

Doesn't mean I like it. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Our Community support Sevco and Celtic and they ain't changing. 

Twenty pound plus was charged in the Championship to attract the Community. 

See previous posts LPM. 

I share the dislike of giving 2 stands. 

I don't castigate the Board though for taking what would have been a difficult decision. 

I do think that the way to put them under pressure is to turn up and if you can't get a seat then complain loudly. 

The present "boycott" approach isn't going to work as the board will clearly choose the easy money now route. 

Doesn't mean I like it. 

If the whole support boycott Season Ticket sales in the summer, then the Board will do what they are told or they can feck off. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

Our Community support Sevco and Celtic and they ain't changing. 

Twenty pound plus was charged in the Championship to attract the Community. 

Not true... A number of our community support them and that's fine. Their choice. But a number within our community support Saints and after a period when this was in decline the number who actively support the Saints is growing. In addition. We also attracted OF fans to our games. 

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Not true... A number of our community support them and that's fine. Their choice. But a number within our community support Saints and after a period when this was in decline the number who actively support the Saints is growing. In addition. We also attracted OF fans to our games. 

Won't happen.. Will it Shull 

Doesn't suit your Agenda

Edited by St.Ricky

On 1/4/2020 at 12:58 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Again...

There’s little to no evidence that the arrangement is costing us fans. Our crowds have steadily increased last few seasons & last year didn’t impact that. 

Some fans want the crowds to fall so they can keep moaning about this. Cut nose to spite face approach. 

I've not looked through all of the pages on this topic, so apologies if I have missed anything.

At the Killie game, the guy in front of me said that there was only around a 400 attendance difference between the Killie game and the Celtic game.

Are we charging OF fans more per head, than we would be  housing our own fans in the family stand? I just wanted to check the weigh up in difference of income.

I think if the club starts to move in the right direction, which I believe it is gradually starting to, putting more points on the board and climbing the table, we can increase our home gates. 

2 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I've not looked through all of the pages on this topic, so apologies if I have missed anything.

At the Killie game, the guy in front of me said that there was only around a 400 attendance difference between the Killie game and the Celtic game.

Are we charging OF fans more per head, than we would be  housing our own fans in the family stand? I just wanted to check the weigh up in difference of income.

I think if the club starts to move in the right direction, which I believe it is gradually starting to, putting more points on the board and climbing the table, we can increase our home gates. 

As I understand it, we charge more.  I don't like giving two stands away but it's in the hands of our own fans to buy more tickers and truly put pressure on the board through not being able to accommodate all of the Saints fans who want to come along in the main and West stand. 

As I understand it, we charge more.  I don't like giving two stands away but it's in the hands of our own fans to buy more tickers and truly put pressure on the board through not being able to accommodate all of the Saints fans who want to come along in the main and West stand. 

It’s hardly an incentive to those in the Family Stand though. If I was taking my kids to games, had a season ticket in the Family Stand and had to pay up to see the bigots, I wouldn’t bother. Alongside not wanting to expose them to the sectarianism taking place.

Just now, Cornwall_Saint said:

It’s hardly an incentive to those in the Family Stand though. If I was taking my kids to games, had a season ticket in the Family Stand and had to pay up to see the bigots, I wouldn’t bother. Alongside not wanting to expose them to the sectarianism taking place.

It won't surprise you that I agree with you up to a point  Cornwall. 

As I Understand it, season tickets for the family stand are discounted to remove the cost of these games. The holders are then given the option of sears in the west stand for the games. So there is no extra cost. 

But.. As long as there are more spaces left in the main or west stand for these games than demand from Saint's supporters to fill then then absenting themselves doesn't put the board under pressure imo. 

As for the bile associated with the OF fans,, I Think their behaviour has generally improved but not enough. I respect each parents right to make the call on taking their kids along. 

Just now, Yflab said:

Not for those fixtures. If one of our supporters pays on a game by game basis rather than a ST they would be charged £27. Family stand ST get a substantial discount on buying a ticket for the main stand or west stand.

OKs. Got it. Glad those who are relocated from the family stand for the game get a substantial discount. Only right. 

Why not poll the fans to see if the West Stand could be designated as the "Away Stand" - the remaining three Stands would be more than enough to accommodate our fans and a singing section behind one of the goals would be more effective than their current position in W6/7.

This would reduce the number of tickets currently allocated to the OF by 771 and might provide an opportunities when Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts & Kilmarnock are in good form. 

• East Stand (Greenhill Road) - capacity 2,220. (Main Stand)
  • West Stand (Craigielea Drive) - capacity 2,516. (2 sections for Away Stand Overspill or small away support)
  • North Stand (Ferguslie Park Avenue) - capacity 1,633. (Away Stand)
  • South Stand (Drums Avenue) - capacity 1,654. (Family Stand)

The quote is lifted from wiki & I presume is out of date for the Main Stand.

Why not poll the fans to see if the West Stand could be designated as the "Away Stand" - the remaining three Stands would be more than enough to accommodate our fans and a singing section behind one of the goals would be more effective than their current position in W6/7.

This would reduce the number of tickets currently allocated to the OF by 771 and might provide opportunities when Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts & Kilmarnock are in good form. 

• East Stand (Greenhill Road) - capacity 2,220. (Main Stand)
  • West Stand (Craigielea Drive) - capacity 2,516. (2 sections for Away Stand Overspill or small away support)
  • North Stand (Ferguslie Park Avenue) - capacity 1,633. (Away Stand)
  • South Stand (Drums Avenue) - capacity 1,654. (Family Stand)

Edited by Bud the Baker

22 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

This would reduce the number of tickets currently allocated to the OF by 771 and might provide an opportunities when Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts & Kilmarnock are in good form. 

Worth discussion, I'd say as someone who has a West stand season ticket.  Don't know what the guys in W6/7 would think but behind the goals seems to make sense. Simpler still is for 5000 to 6000 of us wanting tickets for the games. 

Edited by St.Ricky

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I think there is a sentimental value to the West Stand. It has become the home of many fans who sat in the Northbank at Love Street and to many giving up a seat that you purchased during the move from the old ground means a lot.

The Northbank boys in W7 have also worked hard to generate an atmosphere in that corner.  

1 minute ago, kevo_smfc said:

I think there is a sentimental value to the West Stand. It has become the home of many fans who sat in the Northbank at Love Street and to many giving up a seat that you purchased during the move from the old ground means a lot.

The Northbank boys in W7 have also worked hard to generate an atmosphere in that corner.  

Fair enough, although I sit in W1 and rarely hear W7, like I say I think a singing section would be far more effective behind one of the goals. 

20 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Worth discussion, I'd say as someone who has a West stand season ticket.  Don't know what the guys in W6/7 would think but behind the goals seems to make sense. Simpler still is for 5000 to 6000 of us wanting tickets for the games. 

We don't have 5/6000 fans wanting seats - with the exception of "make or break" games I'd suggest 4,500 maximum.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/st-mirren/attendances