If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

22 minutes ago, shull said:

After time served, these pieces of vermin are made very welcome to sit in our Family Stand among other vile cnuts while our football minded children are excluded. 

DSC_0071.thumb.jpg.8057b3fc5907169e51a2652e1b86e2aa.jpg

It's the one thing i'll never agree with our board on, no money or extra players is worth the toxic atmosphere they bring.

A difficult but correct decision. In time this will adjust if we continue to build home support at recent rates. A plus 60% over the last few years. Now running around 4 300. We are able to add around 25% more without starting to cut the allocation for visiting fans. Can it be done? I believe so. 

As to toxic atmosphere.. I deplore sectarianism. But.. I think that inside the ground at least, there is a reduction in these types of songs and chants. 

Looking at our own house.. Those of us there may well be St Mirren Supporters but we are no Saints in the giving out verbal stick department. 

Edited by St.Ricky

As will be murderers, rapists, paedophiles etc etc. Why would these guys be banned from attending football given their jail terms are not football or even sport related. They might even be Saints fans for all you know.

After time served, these pieces of vermin are made very welcome to sit in our Family Stand among other vile cnuts while our football minded children are excluded. 
DSC_0071.thumb.jpg.8057b3fc5907169e51a2652e1b86e2aa.jpg

16 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

A difficult but correct decision. In time this will adjust if we continue to build home support at recent rates. A plus 60% over the last few years. Now running around 4 300. We are able to add around 25% more without starting to cut the allocation for visiting fans. Can it be done? I believe so. 

As to toxic atmosphere.. I deplore sectarianism. But.. I think that inside the ground at least, there is a reduction in these types of songs and chants. 

Looking at our own house.. Those of us there may well be St Mirren Supporters but we are no Saints in the giving out verbal stick department. 

Not correct. and never will be. 

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

Fuxake, Ricky!

There’s a chasm of difference between verbal stick and vile, archaic, sectarian, racist, bigoted chanting...

Antrin 

I share your vehement dislike of what you describe. At both Parkhead and Ibrox this season there was noticeably less of this. The travelling fans do seem to indulge more and I hope that at some point in the near future this starts to show the same improvement as at their home games. I live in hope. 

When do we ever see any rangers or Celtic fans thrown out at our ground? Never.... and that's because they can do what they want. Just because it's happened all our lifetimes doesn't mean it's ever been right. Sometimes money is not the most important thing, this is one of these times.

Just now, proudtobeabuddy said:

When do we ever see any rangers or Celtic fans thrown out at our ground? Never.... and that's because they can do what they want. Just because it's happened all our lifetimes doesn't mean it's ever been right. Sometimes money is not the most important thing, this is one of these times.

Then press the club and SPFL to take action. Contact your MSP, Complain to the Police and keep doing it until action is taken. 

5 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

For the reason i've stated alraedy it shouldn't always be about money especially in these circumstances.

Is the issue about the behaviour of the away support? If so then use every avenue to complain. The other thing to do is buy more tickets for these games and make it impossible for the business to use the three home stands to house away fans. We have the solution in our own hands. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Is the issue about the behaviour of the away support? If so then use every avenue to complain. The other thing to do is buy more tickets for these games and make it impossible for the business to use the three home stands to house away fans. 

So if that's not going to happen then just continually put up with it?

10 minutes ago, antrin said:

Why should people pay to be in the presence of bigots?  :unsure:

I'd hope that we would set the standard, not them. I'd hope we can press hard enough for long enough to ensure that action is taken to bring about change. I'd but tickets to the Family end. Heck.. I'd sponsor tickets for the family end! 

41 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Whilst I agree that the Old Firm fans are generally manifestly bigoted they don't monopolise all that is unacceptable.   To take a devil's advocate's position for a moment, surprisingly to some, the Rangers fans that I know personally, are actually politically progressive!  That seemingly contradictory situation probably stems from being brought up within the social culture of Protestantism reflected in their football following while in the reality of life outside football people live the life as one as they confront similar problems of, for example, unemployment, housing and so on.  Its a Jekyll and Hyde phenomenon.

You may recall the Sunderland FRIENDLY where our fans sung, 'If you hate the f******...'  well, for me this went beyond football banter.  Given the result and the experience of Sunderland fans, they probably came away with two preconceptions reinforced:

Scottish football is shite and

Hadrian was a good guy.

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

Hope can only be sustained if there is the glimmer of a possibility for change.

and personal invocations such as would and should change nothing if there are structural inequalities.

Like the post, like the song. 

But.. I don't think that we are pushing at a locked door. 

. But.. I think that inside the ground at least, there is a reduction in these types of songs and chants. 

Are you genuinely satisfied that a reduction is better than eradication of sectarianism.

are you saying there is no difference between "verbal stick" and sectarianism?

Dear oh dear

2 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Are you genuinely satisfied that a reduction is better than eradication of sectarianism.

are you saying there is no difference between "verbal stick" and sectarianism?

Dear oh dear

Of course not to both. 

Reduction is a first step. 

No reason for us to adopt poor standards. 

Surely you agree