If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

We do free kids tickets already under deals when parents buy and do a number of incentives throughout the year yet we still never come close to selling out. It's a fine line but regardless of the best efforts to increase crowds we're miles away from regularly taken the 7,000+ likely needed to make extending home stands needed. 
Our crowds are way up this year (highest ever at the stadium) yet we still aren't close. I do feel, thinking we could get to a stage of selling out anytime soon is idealistic and as such away stand makes much more financial sense. Attendance Numbers below. 

2018/19 (this season): 5,295

2014/15: 3,906

2013/14: 4,511

2012/13: 4,389

2011/12: 4,493

2010/11: 4,450

2009/10: 4,414

2008/09: 5,411

2007/08: 4,548

2006/07: 5,381

Errr... The Dundee game was incentivised and came close to selling out.

Please stop telling lies.

30 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

You really hate the idea of developing a youth support to sustain us going forward.

So blinkered and short term I almost think you want the club to die when you can no longer get along!

So you think the answer is yes that we will likely be able to develop a home crowd of over 7,000 in a short period of time on w regular basis? That’s fine unlike you I have no issue with your opinion. I just don’t share it. 

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

So we exclude criteria that weighs against your argument.

Nothing new there!

You are consistent in totally ignoring undeniable truths that don't fit in with your argument!
emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Nope not at all, I have no doubt the deal made an impact, I never denied it, you again fabricating what I’m posting (or not able to understand?).

The point is selling out and therefore justifying extending home stands  

For your information we were 1,290 from selling out, to put that another way, the biggest game of the season, one of the biggest away crowds, with an incentive and we still had over 16% of the stadium seats free. 

My opinion is if we can extend, extending the away stand makes more sense in the short term. Again you have a different opinion but refuse to accept anyone that disagrees with you. :rolleyes:

Nope not at all, I have no doubt the deal made an impact, I never denied it, you again fabricating what I’m posting (or not able to understand?).
The point is selling out and therefore justifying extending home stands  
For your information we were 1,290 from selling out, to put that another way, the biggest game of the season, one of the biggest away crowds, with an incentive and we still had over 16% of the stadium seats free. 
My opinion is if we can extend, extending the away stand makes more sense in the short term. Again you have a different opinion but refuse to accept anyone that disagrees with you. :rolleyes:
Not at all... I just think you're talking shite. That's all.

Imagine being 16% shy of capacity against a team at the bottom of the league.

As if 84% full is worth the effort!

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

Not at all... I just think you're talking shite. That's all.

Imagine being 16% shy of capacity against a team at the bottom of the league.

As if 84% full is worth the effort!

emoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Eh Dundee practically sold out the stand so their league position is irrelevant.

Yes or no the game being so important in the relegation battle likely contributed to the crowd? 

Which part do you think is shite exactly?

- my maths behind the ticket sales 

- my deductions 

- my stats on attendances 

- my stats on home crowd for the Celtic match 

- my opinion that in the near future we won’t likely be taking over 7,000 home fans on a regular basis 

- if we extended the away stand and did see home crowds as above, it would be easy enough to change the stand around with the family. 

You've been caught at practically every turn on this debate :rolleyes:

Eh Dundee practically sold out the stand so their league position is irrelevant.
Yes or no the game being so important in the relegation battle likely contributed to the crowd? 
Which part do you think is shite exactly?
- my maths behind the ticket sales 
- my deductions 
- my stats on attendances 
- my stats on home crowd for the Celtic match 
- my opinion that in the near future we won’t likely be taking over 7,000 home fans on a regular basis 
- if we extended the away stand and did see home crowds as above, it would be easy enough to change the stand around with the family. 
You've been caught at practically every turn on this debate :rolleyes:
YOU brought up their league position earlier to justify increased attendances.

Are you no longer taking notes Mr Hypocrite?

13 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

YOU brought up their league position earlier to justify increased attendances.

Are you no longer taking notes Mr Hypocrite?

Yes I brought it up because we’re both down the bottom, it was a relegation battle and our most important game of the season at that time. Or do you disagree? 

Just now, BuddieinEK said:
21 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
Yes I brought it up because we’re both down the bottom, it was a relegation battle and our most important game of the season at that time. Or do you disagree? 

Again... You made no mention of "conditions" when you made your initial laughable lie.

There is no lie at all here and it kills you. You hate I have been completely consistent and can evidence my claim, it must really hurt. Ouch. I hope you have managed to get someone to explain to you that providing multiple stats and facts to back up the same claim is NOT changing goalposts... simple enough.

I'll summarise:

- This arrangement generates decent income. I've provided income stats and likely expenses, as yet you have provided zero evidence to suggest the income is wrong or the expenses are considerably more. (you've tried, I've shot down reduced season ticket pricing, steward and policing costs with actual figures)

- Extending the away stand would make much more sense given the current situation. It would remove the situation in given the OF two stands, our home crowds have never justified more home seats and if we ever did get the increase in home fans we simply could switch the away and family stand around. Again so simple

- I have never denied individual circumstances at games will impact crowd. Whether that be ticket deals, importance of fixture or current performance I am in complete agreement that is a thing (100s of fans staying away because of DLS less so lol). What I have shown is based on attendances and ticket sales over the season, there is no strong evidence that large numbers of SMFC fans are staying away from the ground because of the OF arrangement. 

Poor wee soul, it's okay to be proven wrong. Wee bit of advice though, next time entering a debate on here, have a wee swatch at available figures. :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

There is no lie at all here and it kills you. You hate I have been completely consistent and can evidence my claim, it must really hurt. Ouch. I hope you have managed to get someone to explain to you that providing multiple stats and facts to back up the same claim is NOT changing goalposts... simple enough.

I'll summarise:

- This arrangement generates decent income. I've provided income stats and likely expenses, as yet you have provided zero evidence to suggest the income is wrong or the expenses are considerably more. (you've tried, I've shot down reduced season ticket pricing, steward and policing costs with actual figures)

- Extending the away stand would make much more sense given the current situation. It would remove the situation in given the OF two stands, our home crowds have never justified more home seats and if we ever did get the increase in home fans we simply could switch the away and family stand around. Again so simple

- I have never denied individual circumstances at games will impact crowd. Whether that be ticket deals, importance of fixture or current performance I am in complete agreement that is a thing (100s of fans staying away because of DLS less so lol). What I have shown is based on attendances and ticket sales over the season, there is no strong evidence that large numbers of SMFC fans are staying away from the ground because of the OF arrangement. 

Poor wee soul, it's okay to be proven wrong. Wee bit of advice though, next time entering a debate on here, have a wee swatch at available figures. :rolleyes:

Except we lost 1000 home fans in three days, but thats a stat that blows this bigot brother appeasing rationale oot the water!

now knowing we can get over 5000 saints fans in the stadium we should all be sharing the hashtag #familystandpromo

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Except we lost 1000 home fans in three days, but thats a stat that blows this bigot brother appeasing rationale oot the water!

now knowing we can get over 5000 saints fans in the stadium we should all be sharing the hashtag #familystandpromo

As you completely refuse to acknowledge, the home crowd at Dundee will be inflated due to the importance of the game. Something we have seen several times in previous seasons. I have provided proof the home crowd against Celtic was no different (in fact higher) than another recent weekday game. 

You continue to give an idealistic approach that we can easily get these numbers at all games with less significant importance. 

But why just take that as evidence, I'll prove you wrong with another comparison. In April 2018 we had 6,422 fans at a game vs Morton and 6,172 against Livi, two massively big occasions for SMFC fans. Between them, we had a crowd of 3,761 fans against Falkirk. Proving without question that the importance of the game has an impact on crowds. Whether that be a title race or a fight for survival. 

As you completely refuse to acknowledge, the home crowd at Dundee will be inflated due to the importance of the game. Something we have seen several times in previous seasons. I have provided proof the home crowd against Celtic was no different (in fact higher) than another recent weekday game. 
You continue to give an idealistic approach that we can easily get these numbers at all games with less significant importance. 
But why just take that as evidence, I'll prove you wrong with another comparison. In April 2018 we had 6,422 fans at a game vs Morton and 6,172 against Livi, two massively big occasions for SMFC fans. Between them, we had a crowd of 3,761 fans against Falkirk. Proving without question that the importance of the game has an impact on crowds. Whether that be a title race or a fight for survival. 
Honestly?
Whoda thunk it?

Talk about stating the bleeding obvious!
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Pity you didn't allow for that when you categorically denied that incentives work or it was worth the effort to build up our own fan base!
[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

35 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Honestly?
Whoda thunk it?

Talk about stating the bleeding obvious!

Pity you didn't allow for that when you categorically denied that incentives work or it was worth the effort to build up our own fan base!
emoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.png

Please quote where I did this? Caught out lying yet again. 

Correct it is the obvious, why LPM comments that incentives alone will allow for 5,000 home fans is incorrect. 

Proving my point yet again that you can’t provide proof because it is made up. Your wee laughing emojis won’t be fooling anyone on that. 
No need to fool anyone.
Everyone can see through your fabricated nonsense!

Repeating something ad nauseam does not make it suddenly true!

Minor parameter changes with every post to deflect from where you have been found out is not consistent!

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

No need to fool anyone.

Minor parameter changes with every post to deflect from where you have been found out is not consistent!

Yet you can’t post one element of fabrication or changed parameters from me? Sounds legit... 

You’ve been found out. 

12 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

No need to fool anyone.
Minor parameter changes with every post to deflect from where you have been found out is not consistent!     emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yet you can’t post one element of fabrication or changed parameters from me? Sounds legit...    You’ve been found out. 

Hey you guys - this is going no where. You both have different stances and argue to suit your stance - don't let it be all consuming...

You both want the same thing - St. Mirren to do the best things and keep improving...  :happyclapper

19 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Difference is... I'm just having a laugh yanking his chain.
He's such fun to wind up.
OK... I'll be good! Sorry.

Aye right so you are, so all the times you've been wrong has just been a 'wind up' Next best thing to admitting your mistakes I suppose. :rolleyes: