If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

Oh poor Baz... even his Ayrshire Rangers paks look like they may have spotted the no-brainer! See thats what you should be looking to do if your attendances ( as you have studiously informed us) are on the rise!

"Kilmarnock are considering halving Rangers' allocation for the clash on the last day of the season. The Ibrox side usually get two stands but Killie are currently in the hunt to finish third and attendances have been on the rise. (Kilmarnock Standard)"

does make our club look doubly poor considering its our Family Stand that sees its ST holders kicked out.

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oh poor Baz... even his Ayrshire Rangers paks look like they may have spotted the no-brainer! See thats what you should be looking to do if your attendances ( as you have studiously informed us) are on the rise!

"Kilmarnock are considering halving Rangers' allocation for the clash on the last day of the season. The Ibrox side usually get two stands but Killie are currently in the hunt to finish third and attendances have been on the rise. (Kilmarnock Standard)"

does make our club look doubly poor considering its our Family Stand that sees its ST holders kicked out.

I have no doubt if we had the run of form Kilmarnock have had since SC came in we would be in or close to a position to fill more than two of our stands. We are not, we are 11th. Good effort but as usual you are completely off the mark. 

It does not make our club look poor, we know your desperation to talk down all things SMFC/ SMISA. It has resulted in some hilarious posts such as call to actions on BTB, claims of illegal activity and ridiculous ascertains on January transfer dealings.

On this occasion you ignore the simple truth, Kilmarnock do the same as us in giving them extra seats and the only thing that has changed that is returning crowds following success. Same I'm sure would apply to us. Only yesterday you claimed occasions don't impact crowds :lol:

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I have no doubt if we had the run of form Kilmarnock have had since SC came in we would be in or close to a position to fill more than two of our stands. We are not, we are 11th. Good effort but as usual you are completely off the mark. 

It does not make our club look poor, we know your desperation to talk down all things SMFC/ SMISA. It has resulted in some hilarious posts such as call to actions on BTB, claims of illegal activity and ridiculous ascertains on January transfer dealings.

On this occasion you ignore the simple truth, Kilmarnock do the same as us in giving them extra seats and the only thing that has changed that is returning crowds following success. Same I'm sure would apply to us. Only yesterday you claimed occasions don't impact crowds :lol:

Re the bit in bold, what like the returning crowds you have insisted we have this season after winning a league?

You really are being hung out by your own warped arguments. Lets see if we survive if our club follow Killie's example and support their own support, or go down your preference of facilitating even more sectarian chanting, explosives and violence!

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Re the bit in bold, what like the returning crowds you have insisted we have this season after winning a league?

You really are being hung out by your own warped arguments. Lets see if we survive if our club follow Killie's example and support their own support, or go down your preference of facilitating even more sectarian chanting, explosives and violence!

If we could attract crowds like we did last season against Livi and Morton all the time then we would have no need to give them two stands. Are you genuinely saying we should be expecting the same size crowds in 11th place in SP regularly as Killie get in a game that could decide European football and a game that delivers a title? :lol:

You can't escape from the fact Killie did the same as us in the SP until a point where they were chapping on Europes door. You comparing what they are doing now to us winning the league last season is ridiculous. 

Yet again, reducing their numbers won't stop bigotry/ sectarianism/ violence, we could give them any number of tickets, the scum will turn up. Or do you disagree? 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I have no doubt if we had the run of form Kilmarnock have had since SC came in we would be in or close to a position to fill more than two of our stands. We are not, we are 11th.

The decision to kick the families out was made before the start of the season, possibly (I don’t have time to check) before Jack Ross left. 

The club had no way of knowing that we wouldn’t have carried on the wave of optimism that had been built up over the great escape and title winning seasons. 

7 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

The decision to kick the families out was made before the start of the season, possibly (I don’t have time to check) before Jack Ross left. 

The club had no way of knowing that we wouldn’t have carried on the wave of optimism that had been built up over the great escape and title winning seasons. 

As Killie have proven today, it was a decision that could be reversed at any time. 

15 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

As Killie have proven today, it was a decision that could be reversed at any time. 

After alienating your own supporters! The (your favourite word) ‘evidence’ clearly shows that the decision was taken following our two biggest home supports last season, and prior to season tickets going on sale, so the board had no ‘evidence’ that given the chance more supporters would have been tempted to buy season tickets throughout the stadium. Indeed our Chief Exec was regularly talking about us being a top six club. 

5 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

After alienating your own supporters! The (your favourite word) ‘evidence’ clearly shows that the decision was taken following our two biggest home supports last season, and prior to season tickets going on sale, so the board had no ‘evidence’ that given the chance more supporters would have been tempted to buy season tickets throughout the stadium. Indeed our Chief Exec was regularly talking about us being a top six club. 

Does the evidence show we have ‘alienated’ our supporters? We have record season ticket sales & crowd numbers.

Yeah some might be a bit unhappy (no one will particularly like it) but most care enough about the club to not want to harm it I would say. It’s three games ffs, it’s hardly a massive impact on anyone’s life.

If there’s no evidence for the claim we wouldn’t, there certainly is no evidence for the claim we would. All we can do is look at what we do know and make a common sense conclusions.

- record season ticket sales 

- highest average attendances by far at this stadium  

yep we might of sold a few more tickets but I’m not seeing much to validate that. 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yeah some might be a bit unhappy (no one will particularly like it) but most care enough about the club to not want to harm it I would say. It’s three games ffs, it’s hardly a massive impact on anyone’s life.

Do you want to try and reword that and see if you can make it anymore condescending?

12 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Also it doesn’t follow our two largest home crowds. That’s misleading. Our two largest home crowds were Livi and Morton. It follows Morton & before that Falkirk where the crowd was 3,761. 

The evidence would therefore suggest our crowds at that point of the season don’t reflect a consistent high number to maintain, it shows that Livi & Morton were influenced by the occasions. 

Not aiming to be condescending just pointing out that SMFC fans like any team fans will in the majority want what’s best for the club. 
You don't have to aim.
It's a gift.
You ARE a master baiter.

Funny how Dumbobud see's things very similar to me and straight away you are regurgitating the same tired old shite!
[emoji15] [emoji15]

11 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

You don't have to aim.
It's a gift.
You ARE a master baiter.

Funny how Dumbobud see's things very similar to me and straight away you are regurgitating the same tired old shite!
emoji15.pngemoji15.png

What exactly have I said to him that isn’t true? 

Guest TPAFKATS
Nonsense.
How do you reverse it if you've already reduced season ticket prices for that stand and told fans they have to buy tickets for elsewhere?

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

What exactly have I said to him that isn’t true? 

The difficulty that many of us have is that you continually conflate your opinion with facts, evidence and the truth. 

Just because something is said by you over and over does not make it true, a fact or a even a balanced conclusion based on facts. 

The one fact that can’t be disputed is that the board took the decision that this season they would prefer to increase the number of OF fans in our ground (with the unknown additional income and costs that that comes with that) to having a family area for our own fans, with the unknown but factual loss of income and unknown loss of fans in the longer term. 

Just had a peek at the Kilmarnock thread on pie and bovril. One look at this and the seethe, bile and sense of entitlement from the Rangers fans only confirms that we made the wrong decision. 
But they are right!
Scottish football NEEDS them!
Surely you have been paying attention to Baz

Time and time again he has gone out of his way to prove how good Rangers are for Scottish football and Saints in particular!

Don't you realise that reducing their numbers will not reduce sectarian incidents, but could financially endanger Saints despite increased attendances!

I think that was a fair summation! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji15]

13 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Nonsense.
How do you reverse it if you've already reduced season ticket prices for that stand and told fans they have to buy tickets for elsewhere?

We could reverse the decision on their ticket allocation like Kilmarnock did yesterday. That’s my point. If we couldn't do it, how could Killie?