Sign in to follow this  
proudtobeabuddy

If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

Did Jesus himself not say upon his rise 'let them roll back this here stone so that in years to come, we may roll as the same, dairy milk Easter eggs down that hill bit at Barshaw park'
Oran Kearney 3:16
Think that translation is about as accurate as the King James one!

Or absolutely every other one to what actually happened 
Actually, I believe some of the translations of early manuscripts found are very accurate.

Whether the original manuscripts marry up with the events described, I wasn't there so can't say.

You're obviously a LOT older than I am!

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

Actually, I believe some of the translations of early manuscripts found are very accurate.

Whether the original manuscripts marry up with the events described, I wasn't there so can't say.

You're obviously a LOT older than I am! emoji23.pngemoji12.png

I imagine there may be elements that are accurate, people coming back to life, talking snakes, living inside whales and a tower creating multiple languages. Not so much :lol:

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Errrr.... Was the saying not in connection with the death of his friend Lazarus rather than the crucifixion?

As I understood it He wept when he was with Mary and Martha, the Sister's of Lazarus.

Some say He wept for his friend.
Others say He wept for the Sisters as He already knew that He would resurrect Lazarus.
Some even speculate that the tears were for the crowd who could not see the bigger picture.

Whatever the truth, I don't think it was chocolate related, and I only got one day off! emoji12.png

All we know is he's called the Stig

5 minutes ago, mattman said:

Just about every st mirren fan I know tbf 😂 and have so for years, hence how most seem to avoid here. 

Well you are posting this on a thread that has had 15,000 views, so plenty obviously like the place.

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Did Jesus himself not say upon his rise 'let them roll back this here stone so that in years to come, we may roll as the same, dairy milk Easter eggs down that hill bit at Barshaw park'

Oran Kearney 3:16

Now THAT is f**king blasphemy right there!

It's supposed to be a hard boiled egg. Not a delicious chocolatey one.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Can someone explain the difference between "views" and "unique visitors" to this ^^^^^ idiot... 🤣

What a f**kwit you are.

If I thought it was "unique visitors" then I would have said "unique visitors".

The forum is pretty popular, and that is despite the presence of you, ya pompous c**t.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Well you are posting this on a thread that has had 15,000 views, so plenty obviously like the place.

Wouldn’t surprise me if 10,000 of the views where the same 5 people with multi aliases. 

Sorry if I offended you though 🤗 

1 minute ago, mattman said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if 10,000 of the views where the same 5 people with multi aliases. 

No offence taken, I just don't think its true that the majority of St Mirren fans "slate" this website.

It has its problems, but as pointed out above it is a million times better than what you will find on facebook.

1 minute ago, mattman said:

Shet.. Shu..Shite.

I was in Asda on Monday and passed the Easter Egg aisle on my way to get some other stuff.

The staff were frantically slapping new prices on the eggs as Easter had finished. Most £4 eggs were now £1 etc. One guy looked at the shelf, pointed at his wife, then stuck his thumb towards the door and simply said in the broadest weegie accent "Get a f**king trolley".

When I passed them 5 minutes later they had filled the trolley and both of them had their arms full as well. I heard him say to his wife "I don't even like Yorkie but a quid's a quid".

Brilliant. 🤣

Now I am not a religious person at all. I would shut down all organised religion if I was king.

BUT.

I think something of the magic of Easter has been lost along the way. 🤣

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

What a f**kwit you are.

If I thought it was "unique visitors" then I would have said "unique visitors".

The forum is pretty popular, and that is despite the presence of you, ya pompous c**t.

That might have sounded more believable if you hadn't just used "views" as proof that plenty of people were still using the forum you utter bellend. 🤣

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Now THAT is f**king blasphemy right there!

It's supposed to be a hard boiled egg. Not a delicious chocolatey one.

See, this is why we now have so many Christian denominations. 

8 minutes ago, mattman said:

I think you got away with it.

I THINK I managed to offend him though. 🤣

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

See, this is why we now have so many Christian denominations. 

There's a denomination who roll chocolate eggs?

That's pretty hard core right there.

Unlike the eggs....

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, bazil85 said:

This is getting dangerously close to egg-pun territory. 

I think we have donned some wellies and waded right in.

What did the chicken say to the French farmer who tried to kill him?

Bugger oeuf.

Oh yes. The bar is THAT low.

Just now, oaksoft said:

I wonder if it was Baz's ancestors who wrote the King James?

Interesting fact (again) there is roughly a 1% chance it would have been one of my direct ancestor. If you go back over the generations, two parents, four grandparents, eight great grandparents etc, the numbers get so high that everyone alive today's ancestors overlap many times (if you go back far enough).

If you go back 20 generations that is over one million Great grandparent to the power of 18 for all of us. Now the King James was published about 400 years ago, if we assume a generation is about 25 years (would have been less as we go into history but let's not split hairs) that would mean I had circa  65,536 living direct ancestors at the time of publishing. The population of the UK at that time is estimated 6,500,000 meaning in the region of a 1% chance it was one of my (or any of our) direct ancestors. 

Now let's spend 25 pages ripping apart these figures, I'll start. Given my point on generations being shorter as we go further back in history, I likely had a few more generations alive at that team meaning the chances would be higher than 1% :lol:

Yes it's a slow work day.