proudtobeabuddy

If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Errrr.... Was the saying not in connection with the death of his friend Lazarus rather than the crucifixion?

As I understood it He wept when he was with Mary and Martha, the Sister's of Lazarus.

Some say He wept for his friend.
Others say He wept for the Sisters as He already knew that He would resurrect Lazarus.
Some even speculate that the tears were for the crowd who could not see the bigger picture.

Whatever the truth, I don't think it was chocolate related, and I only got one day off! emoji12.png

All we know is he's called the Stig

5 minutes ago, mattman said:

Just about every st mirren fan I know tbf 😂 and have so for years, hence how most seem to avoid here. 

Well you are posting this on a thread that has had 15,000 views, so plenty obviously like the place.

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Did Jesus himself not say upon his rise 'let them roll back this here stone so that in years to come, we may roll as the same, dairy milk Easter eggs down that hill bit at Barshaw park'

Oran Kearney 3:16

Now THAT is f**king blasphemy right there!

It's supposed to be a hard boiled egg. Not a delicious chocolatey one.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Can someone explain the difference between "views" and "unique visitors" to this ^^^^^ idiot... 🤣

What a f**kwit you are.

If I thought it was "unique visitors" then I would have said "unique visitors".

The forum is pretty popular, and that is despite the presence of you, ya pompous c**t.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Well you are posting this on a thread that has had 15,000 views, so plenty obviously like the place.

Wouldn’t surprise me if 10,000 of the views where the same 5 people with multi aliases. 

Sorry if I offended you though 🤗 

1 minute ago, mattman said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if 10,000 of the views where the same 5 people with multi aliases. 

No offence taken, I just don't think its true that the majority of St Mirren fans "slate" this website.

It has its problems, but as pointed out above it is a million times better than what you will find on facebook.

1 minute ago, mattman said:

Shet.. Shu..Shite.

I was in Asda on Monday and passed the Easter Egg aisle on my way to get some other stuff.

The staff were frantically slapping new prices on the eggs as Easter had finished. Most £4 eggs were now £1 etc. One guy looked at the shelf, pointed at his wife, then stuck his thumb towards the door and simply said in the broadest weegie accent "Get a f**king trolley".

When I passed them 5 minutes later they had filled the trolley and both of them had their arms full as well. I heard him say to his wife "I don't even like Yorkie but a quid's a quid".

Brilliant. 🤣

Now I am not a religious person at all. I would shut down all organised religion if I was king.

BUT.

I think something of the magic of Easter has been lost along the way. 🤣

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

What a f**kwit you are.

If I thought it was "unique visitors" then I would have said "unique visitors".

The forum is pretty popular, and that is despite the presence of you, ya pompous c**t.

That might have sounded more believable if you hadn't just used "views" as proof that plenty of people were still using the forum you utter bellend. 🤣

8 minutes ago, mattman said:

I think you got away with it.

I THINK I managed to offend him though. 🤣

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

See, this is why we now have so many Christian denominations. 

There's a denomination who roll chocolate eggs?

That's pretty hard core right there.

Unlike the eggs....

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, bazil85 said:

This is getting dangerously close to egg-pun territory. 

I think we have donned some wellies and waded right in.

What did the chicken say to the French farmer who tried to kill him?

Bugger oeuf.

Oh yes. The bar is THAT low.

Just now, oaksoft said:

I wonder if it was Baz's ancestors who wrote the King James?

Interesting fact (again) there is roughly a 1% chance it would have been one of my direct ancestor. If you go back over the generations, two parents, four grandparents, eight great grandparents etc, the numbers get so high that everyone alive today's ancestors overlap many times (if you go back far enough).

If you go back 20 generations that is over one million Great grandparent to the power of 18 for all of us. Now the King James was published about 400 years ago, if we assume a generation is about 25 years (would have been less as we go into history but let's not split hairs) that would mean I had circa  65,536 living direct ancestors at the time of publishing. The population of the UK at that time is estimated 6,500,000 meaning in the region of a 1% chance it was one of my (or any of our) direct ancestors. 

Now let's spend 25 pages ripping apart these figures, I'll start. Given my point on generations being shorter as we go further back in history, I likely had a few more generations alive at that team meaning the chances would be higher than 1% :lol:

Yes it's a slow work day. 

16 minutes ago, Kemp said:

No offence taken, I just don't think its true that the majority of St Mirren fans "slate" this website.

It has its problems, but as pointed out above it is a million times better than what you will find on facebook.

Well I’d say the minority use this, I’ve been on and off this since 2003 (i think🤷‍♂️)  I personally don’t mind it especially during transfer season, some of the rumours are pretty spot on and some are just hilarious. But just about every thread gets personal, I’ve been reeled in a few times myself I must admit.  It’s hard to read through some good threads when it goes that way, that’s the point I’m getting at... but yes most people who I speak to at games seem to avoid this site like a plague due to the constant pish that’s posted. 

Anyway give the old firm one stand and make sure the cameras are on them all the time to start weeding out the fuds who they attract ☺️

2 minutes ago, mattman said:

Well I’d say the minority use this, I’ve been on and off this since 2003 (i think🤷‍♂️)  I personally don’t mind it especially during transfer season, some of the rumours are pretty spot on and some are just hilarious. But just about every thread gets personal, I’ve been reeled in a few times myself I must admit.  It’s hard to read through some good threads when it goes that way, that’s the point I’m getting at... but yes most people who I speak to at games seem to avoid this site like a plague due to the constant pish that’s posted. 

Anyway give the old firm one stand and make sure the cameras are on them all the time to start weeding out the fuds who they attract ☺️

I suppose now that I've got sucked in to replying to that fanny Oaksoft then I must admit you are probably right.

Could be a great forum, too many trolls still kicking about though.

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I imagine there may be elements that are accurate, people coming back to life, talking snakes, living inside whales and a tower creating multiple languages. Not so much :lol:

Maybe you should check up on the historian records of the day... they concur with loads of it... of course those who do not want to believe still try to discredit these secular historians too, but the evidence for much of it is unquestionable as it marries precisely with the Bible records (which sometimes are historical accounts but other genres too)...  if you don't believe in the miraculous - you should meet my brother - now a reverend - totally different person and he is truly helping so many people. There are plenty others too I am sure - was Mother Theresa a fool?

From what I have read of atheists who examine the evidence for the resurrection, and completely changed their opinion, it seems to me pretty incredible. I have no problem with people making a judgement when they have looked at the evidence provided by both sides - that is a balanced perspective, so long as their is a willingness to have an open mind. A closed mind won't be moved... 

I was once a witness in a court case - the one side were telling lies all through the trial and tripping themselves up - they lost of course, because their evidence had no basis of truth... a good trial finds out the truth...

So it is easy to take these throw away statements and do no investigation for yourself - but we all have freedom of choice right?

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Maybe you should check up on the historian records of the day... they concur with loads of it... of course those who do not want to believe still try to discredit these secular historians too, but the evidence for much of it is unquestionable as it marries precisely with the Bible records (which sometimes are historical accounts but other genres too)...  if you don't believe in the miraculous - you should meet my brother - now a reverend - totally different person and he is truly helping so many people. There are plenty others too I am sure - was Mother Theresa a fool?

From what I have read of atheists who examine the evidence for the resurrection, and completely changed their opinion, it seems to me pretty incredible. I have no problem with people making a judgement when they have looked at the evidence provided by both sides - that is a balanced perspective, so long as their is a willingness to have an open mind. A closed mind won't be moved... 

I was once a witness in a court case - the one side were telling lies all through the trial and tripping themselves up - they lost of course, because their evidence had no basis of truth... a good trial finds out the truth...

So it is easy to take these throw away statements and do no investigation for yourself - but we all have freedom of choice right?

I think there is likely a lot of correlation between the non miraculous claims of the bible and history (nothing relating to miracles can be confirmed), there will also be a lot embellished or just down right wrong. The reality is we'll never know for sure and very little from that time can be called 'unquestionable.'

We are opening a can of worms regarding belief in the miracles of the bible but ultimately if you do, I'm not saying you are a fool or anyone else but it is based on zero evidence of the supernatural which is fundamental and contrary to much that's been proven false (practically all of genesis for example). Like I say, I wouldn't call someone a fool but in 2019 people believing in a 6,000 year old universe and that mankind came from Adam and Eve is baffling to me. 

As for the helping part, more power to them but I don't think religion needs to be related in the slightest to being good or doing good. I am completely opposed to religion if I'm honest but not because of individuals, it's people killing each other in the name of something that amounts only to blind faith. 

As for atheists that examine the resurrection and turn to god, they are very small numbers and the stories are often exaggerated (reality being someone looking to believe not being objective). We see overwhelming numbers that go the other way. There is direct correlation for example between education and losing faith. I would say, can you show any actual evidence by the definition of evidence for a person raising from the dead? Practically Every religion in history has witness to the miraculous as part of it, testimony from people that lived 2,000 years ago isn't even close to reliable evidence. 

Your court case point, surely a religion with over 30,000 denominations and dozens of different publication examples of its core text falls under that one side? 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

(1. nothing relating to miracles can be confirmed), The reality is 2. we'll never know for sure and very little from that time can be called 'unquestionable.'

3. to much been proven false (practically all of genesis). in 2019 people believing in a 6,000 year old universe and that 4. mankind came from Adam and Eve is baffling to me.     5. I am completely opposed to religion if I'm honest but not because of individuals, it's people killing each other in the name of something that amounts only to blind faith. 

6. As for atheists that examine the resurrection and turn to god, they are very small numbers and the stories are often exaggerated  7. We see overwhelming numbers that go the other way. There is 8. direct correlation for example between education and losing faith.  9. I would say, can you show any actual evidence by the definition of evidence for a person raising from the dead?  

10. Your court case point, surely a religion with over 30,000 denominations and dozens of different publication examples of its core text falls under that one side? 

Listen I am not trying to convince you in any way - I am just offering another viewpoint.

1. There are apparently modern day miracles that are witnessed AND doctors who are baffled after rescanning patients who claim to have been healed and for example their tumour has disappeared etc. 

2. If you take that tack, can you believe any historical record? Apparently there is more evidence that Jesus Christ existed and did what the Bible claims than for Caesar and his achievements - certainly far less written records by far, despite Caesar being much more recent.... 

3. I think that this is another of those throw away comments with nothing tangible to back it up. I guess you are having a go at the creation theory, but although evolution is hailed as the best account of reality - it is a theory with lots of suppositions and amazing faith is required for that one too. I don't know anyone who believes in a 6000 year old earth but there are plenty of folk who believe all kinds of folklore and crazy things like elfs and pixies, miraculous copper bracelets etc. Some people are just stupid.

4. I don't know much about this, but I did once watch a geneticist on TV state that everyone's DNA can be traced back to at worst a few, and perhaps only 2 originals… He was an atheist - so that is why it stuck in my mind...

5. I hate religion too. Interestingly in communist Russia, when ALL religion was banned - crime soared, productivity drastically reduced. i.e. there was more killing not in the name of religion at that time there. The blind faith thing is another throw away too - my brother would claim that his faith is far from blind - he has often quoted to me Hebrews 11:1 which apparently describes Christian faith as sure and certain - i.e. not something in peoples' heads, but something tangible and REAL. Now I am not sure what that is, but I have came across a few Christians who talk about it just like that too. Are they fools or have they discovered something truly - I don't know either way.

6. So who have you investigated on these terms to see that the stories were exaggerated? That was my point about evidence... have you ever examined any of the claims for yourself?

7. This is an interesting statement - again I wonder if you have checked the evidence of a statement like this or simply accepted someone's claim? I do think there are people who think they are Christian because they went to church at some point or had parents who claimed to be Christian, but they no longer believe - My brother would say that these things do not define being a Christian.

8. This is not true - this is the Science proves faith to be rubbish argument - it does not - both sides use science to back up their beliefs.

9. That was my point in investigating those atheists who had incredible turn arounds in their position.  Here are some if you are prepared to actually investigate -  Anthony Flew, C. Lewis, Lee Strobel, Sarah Stonebraker, J Warner Wallace. But there are many more... I know this because my brother argued against me in the same way...

10. I feel as if I am about to convert because of your arguments to the contrary. My understanding is that Christianity is the largest religion in the world by far. The fact that denominations started because of some disagreement purely shows human nature in two lights. One is that we are free to not believe everything that someone else tells us too, and the other which disagrees when evidence shows that we cannot agree with some claims people insist upon. As an example, I know that the Roman Catholic church believes that the wine they have at the Eucharist is the transubstantiated blood of Jesus Christ - I have never tried this, but I am very dubious about that. I know of a certain Martin Luther who "showed up" a lot of crazy and unbiblical practices and belief's too. Humans are good at putting their own slant or agendas on things. Not sure what your point in the texts is about - Christians, Jews and Muslims all have the same "Old Testament" texts - there are thousands of ancient copies of these.... one issue may be in translation. It is impossible to always convey the exact same meaning when translating from one language to another....

Anyway - this is not a thread on religion - I will not get into forum tennis on this - these thoughts are just meant to be of interest - I will certainly do a bit more investigation now...