Jump to content

If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The fact is there for all to see. When we play the old firm these days a quarter of our fans dont turn up. There is always large gaps in the west and main stand when we play ether of the old firm . In the older day's we filled up our home end with Saints fans cheering on the team. You could give the old firm half the west stand plus the away and family stand even then I'm not sure you could sell the rest to Saints fans. Sad days. 

You do realise they don't come because of the nature of their bigoted fans.... And no-one is going to tell me that giving them another stand is going to encourage the stay away fans to come back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


35 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

You do realise they don't come because of the nature of their bigoted fans.... And no-one is going to tell me that giving them another stand is going to encourage the stay away fans to come back.

The bottom line is ,like it or not. Times have changed fans out there find it too bigoted, others dont want their kids witnessing that type of crap. I get that but dont kid yourself on 1/4 of saints fans boycott these games. Reality is you could 3/4 fill the stadium with old firm fans. Why not ? I'm all for St Mirren getting the financial side right. I want us to buy a better player. If you cant sell seats to the home support sell them to the away support. We are a business. Maybe when fans realise that they will go along and support the team. Make no mistake if we beat the old firm on a regular basis the fans would return. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The bottom line is ,like it or not. Times have changed fans out there find it too bigoted, others dont want their kids witnessing that type of crap. I get that but dont kid yourself on 1/4 of saints fans boycott these games. Reality is you could 3/4 fill the stadium with old firm fans. Why not ? I'm all for St Mirren getting the financial side right. I want us to buy a better player. If you cant sell seats to the home support sell them to the away support. We are a business. Maybe when fans realise that they will go along and support the team. Make no mistake if we beat the old firm on a regular basis the fans would return. 

I'm sorry but some people are just not willing to go and listen to bigotry it's like telling the most ardent SNP member to vote Tory. When fans realise what? Fans are not stupid, hence they know that it's wrong and the vote with their feet. Football is not like a normal business it involves passions and feelings and the sooner our BOD realise that giving them 2 stands is not good business the better IMO  anyone else can have their opinion, that's mine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The bottom line is ,like it or not. Times have changed fans out there find it too bigoted, others dont want their kids witnessing that type of crap. I get that but dont kid yourself on 1/4 of saints fans boycott these games. Reality is you could 3/4 fill the stadium with old firm fans. Why not ? I'm all for St Mirren getting the financial side right. I want us to buy a better player. If you cant sell seats to the home support sell them to the away support. We are a business. Maybe when fans realise that they will go along and support the team. Make no mistake if we beat the old firm on a regular basis the fans would return. 

Fans believe it to be a sport (despite the structural inequality due to the bigoted incomes and despite the SFA/SPFL refusing to address or even admit that there is bigotry broadcast on live tv!) so fans don't want to see or hear bigotry.  

For St Mirren fans it’s not a business.

it’s an aspect of our lives and culture.  If it was merely a business, why would even entertain the idea of Buying the Buds?

it’s more than business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, antrin said:

Fans believe it to be a sport (despite the structural inequality due to the bigoted incomes and despite the SFA/SPFL refusing to address or even admit that there is bigotry broadcast on live tv!) so fans don't want to see or hear bigotry.  

For St Mirren fans it’s not a business.

it’s an aspect of our lives and culture.  If it was merely a business, why would even entertain the idea of Buying the Buds?

it’s more than business.

I would agree with you Antrim on how the fans see the club. However those trying to balance books and trying to make a profit will tell you it's a business.  I would rather see all four stands filled with St Mirren fans. All I was doing is pointing out how low our gate is against the old firm. As I wrote above if we were beating the old firm regular more Saints fans would attend these games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fact is there for all to see. When we play the old firm these days a quarter of our fans dont turn up. There is always large gaps in the west and main stand when we play ether of the old firm . In the older day's we filled up our home end with Saints fans cheering on the team. You could give the old firm half the west stand plus the away and family stand even then I'm not sure you could sell the rest to Saints fans. Sad days. 

 

I don’t disagree that some people decide not to go based on the shite they need to put up with from both sides but there are also a sizeable number who are simply fed up watching us get hosed. People want to watch their team winning.

 

Win more games and more fans come back. The last two and a half seasons are irrefutable evidence of that.

 

Until then? Maximise any revenue streams available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I would agree with you Antrim on how the fans see the club. However those trying to balance books and trying to make a profit will tell you it's a business.  I would rather see all four stands filled with St Mirren fans. All I was doing is pointing out how low our gate is against the old firm. As I wrote above if we were beating the old firm regular more Saints fans would attend these games. 

It is a very poorly run business that actually discriminates against its own shareholders and customers in a deeply flawed decision that will have a negative impact on generations of Saints fans to come. Kids will now see the norm at SMP is that you are not welcome, and we dont attend home games against the old bigots.

to completely not get the above demonstrates this board have no idea, and absolutely no intention to even try to build the support. There is no upside to this deeply flawed decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I would agree with you Antrim on how the fans see the club. However those trying to balance books and trying to make a profit will tell you it's a business.  I would rather see all four stands filled with St Mirren fans. All I was doing is pointing out how low our gate is against the old firm. As I wrote above if we were beating the old firm regular more Saints fans would attend these games. 

Maybe it IS just me.

When I plan my trips (always around the opportunity to meet my Buddies and go to a game) I NEVER countenance willingly sharing the same foetid air as those parasites.  Wouldn’t matter if Saints were performing better against the two bigot-supported teams

i must be a snowflake!

 

(Also NO CHANCE of Saints beating the old firm regularly.  There is no such entity as Rangers died in 2012. I don't think I’ve yet read about a new firm featuring sevco....)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

Maybe it IS just me.

When I plan my trips (always around the opportunity to meet my Buddies and go to a game) I NEVER countenance willingly sharing the same foetid air as those parasites.  Wouldn’t matter if Saints were performing better against the two bigot-supported teams

i must be a snowflake!

 

(Also NO CHANCE of Saints beating the old firm regularly.  There is no such entity as Rangers died in 2012. I don't think I’ve yet read about a new firm featuring sevco....)

Not a snowflake it's a choice. I enjoy roaring the team on to beat them. Luckily enough to have witnessed it a few times. It's one of these magic moments being a Saints fan. Certainly did not stop Saints fans going to a final and semi final . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saints never filled their end v the two cheeks EVER. It's a myth and the reality is Saints fans have always swerved games against them.

The fact is there for all to see. When we play the old firm these days a quarter of our fans dont turn up. There is always large gaps in the west and main stand when we play ether of the old firm . In the older day's we filled up our home end with Saints fans cheering on the team. You could give the old firm half the west stand plus the away and family stand even then I'm not sure you could sell the rest to Saints fans. Sad days. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Saints never filled their end v the two cheeks EVER. It's a myth and the reality is Saints fans have always swerved games against them.

Not in the late 70's early 80's. Even into the 90's our home gate did not drop much. Each to their own I would rather cheer my team on than sitting at home pretending I have the morale high ground then go to Hampden for a final and semi final against the evil twins.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not in the late 70's early 80's. Even into the 90's our home gate did not drop much. Each to their own I would rather cheer my team on than sitting at home pretending I have the morale high ground then go to Hampden for a final and semi final against the evil twins.  
Few if any league games were live on tv all those years ago. Now you can watch nearly any game you wanting the laptop or the phone. I tend not to go since it is always on the telly, not because of the verbal shit they sing. I can't think of the last game against them that was not o tv, maybe the humping we gave Celtic in 2010 ?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, renfrew said:
3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
Not in the late 70's early 80's. Even into the 90's our home gate did not drop much. Each to their own I would rather cheer my team on than sitting at home pretending I have the morale high ground then go to Hampden for a final and semi final against the evil twins.  

Few if any league games were live on tv all those years ago. Now you can watch nearly any game you wanting the laptop or the phone. I tend not to go since it is always on the telly, not because of the verbal shit they sing. I can't think of the last game against them that was not o tv, maybe the humping we gave Celtic in 2010 ?

I'm not against anyone who decides not to go to old firm games. I dont go to ether old firm away games. If I can make the home ones I do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Saints never filled their end v the two cheeks EVER. It's a myth and the reality is Saints fans have always swerved games against them.

Not true we out numbered the dead club in 1977 in a game that ended 3 3 but all the headlines were about the scum fighting among themselves and having the players taken off the pitch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The bottom line is ,like it or not. Times have changed fans out there find it too bigoted, others dont want their kids witnessing that type of crap. I get that but dont kid yourself on 1/4 of saints fans boycott these games. Reality is you could 3/4 fill the stadium with old firm fans. Why not ? I'm all for St Mirren getting the financial side right. I want us to buy a better player. If you cant sell seats to the home support sell them to the away support. We are a business. Maybe when fans realise that they will go along and support the team. Make no mistake if we beat the old firm on a regular basis the fans would return. 

I don't like giving the family stand away to any visiting support but the solution lies in our own hands as fans. Buy enough season ticket and that won't happen. If we don't then, I am not going to harangue the board for maximising income from these games. Express your displeasure at bad or bigoted behaviour by all means but keep it civil. Lead by example. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, DLBud said:

 


Why do you care? You’re not going this season right?

 

I care because they are one of the many reasons why I am not going. 

If all decent fans and those decent dudes in authority cared enough , Sevco and Celtic would be removed from Scottish Football and the rest of us would thrive without them. 

We may then win the League one day and hear the Champions League tune booming out at Greenhill Road. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have gone to old firm games at SMP on and off over the years. The games last year really put me off though as there is really nowhere in the ground you can avoid them.
I chose not to renew my season ticket this year for a few reasons but top of the list was having to sit next to them when I was in the ‘St Mirren end’.
I might get a season ticket again when they stop getting the family stand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Desnold said:

I have gone to old firm games at SMP on and off over the years. The games last year really put me off though as there is really nowhere in the ground you can avoid them.
I chose not to renew my season ticket this year for a few reasons but top of the list was having to sit next to them when I was in the ‘St Mirren end’.
I might get a season ticket again when they stop getting the family stand.

I do see where you are coming from. Perhaps a lot of us should buy season tickets in the family stand for next season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I do see where you are coming from. Perhaps a lot of us should buy season tickets in the family stand for next season. 

What’s the point of a season ticket if you don’t get covered for all home league games?

(Presuming we are in the same league as the bigots next season) It will already be advertised as “All games except against the vile bigot clubs”, so even if we sold out the Family Stand on ST sales prior to the start of the season, it wouldn’t make a difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

What’s the point of a season ticket if you don’t get covered for all home league games?

(Presuming we are in the same league as the bigots next season) It will already be advertised as “All games except against the vile bigot clubs”, so even if we sold out the Family Stand on ST sales prior to the start of the season, it wouldn’t make a difference.

This ^^^^^

There has been no attempt to increase ST sales in the family stand to  stop the ‘need’* to give it to the old form.  At no point have the board said if x amount sold then we will not pass it over to the OF

 

* need is subjective in this context, there is no ‘need’ to give it to the OF but there is a value judgement made by the board that they would rather take the OF money and alienate some possibly many of our own support. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It definitely was. The sight of Craig Burley slumped in his commentary seat with a face like thunder behind us was glorious. Etched indelibly on my memory.

Few if any league games were live on tv all those years ago. Now you can watch nearly any game you wanting the laptop or the phone. I tend not to go since it is always on the telly, not because of the verbal shit they sing. I can't think of the last game against them that was not o tv, maybe the humping we gave Celtic in 2010 ?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...