If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

It definitely was. The sight of Craig Burley slumped in his commentary seat with a face like thunder behind us was glorious. Etched indelibly on my memory.

I've got the DVD to prove it. I happened to be working in Middlesbrough and took in the Middlesbrough, Preston game. Weirdly enough The Boro were managed by Strachan and had the likes of ex Celts Killen, McManus and Robson in the team. MacDonald too though he was injured.

This ^^^^^
There has been no attempt to increase ST sales in the family stand to  stop the ‘need’* to give it to the old form.  At no point have the board said if x amount sold then we will not pass it over to the OF

* need is subjective in this context, there is no ‘need’ to give it to the OF but there is a value judgement made by the board that they would rather take the OF money and alienate some possibly many of our own support. 
AMEN AND AMEN.

I care because they are one of the many reasons why I am not going. 
If all decent fans and those decent dudes in authority cared enough , Sevco and Celtic would be removed from Scottish Football and the rest of us would thrive without them. 
We may then win the League one day and hear the Champions League tune booming out at Greenhill Road. 

Totally agree shull.

Fans of every club need to boycott games against the Old Firm

Until they do, they are condoning sectarianism

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I do see where you are coming from. Perhaps a lot of us should buy season tickets in the family stand for next season. 

You're bright as shite. Ha ha ha ha 

Let's move the West Bankers into the Family Stand, then give the Bigots the whole of the West Stand. 

Move the Main Standers up a bit and give the  scum half that Stand also. 

Thicko. 

Shouldn't be giving the sectarian vile cnuts any tickets. 

If we have to, it should be the bare minimum. 

A couple of hundred tickets for ONE SECTION of the North Stand. 

Any shit songs or constant standing up then arrest or throw the vermin out. 

So fecking simple. 

28 minutes ago, shull said:

Shouldn't be giving the sectarian vile cnuts any tickets. 

If we have to, it should be the bare minimum. 

A couple of hundred tickets for ONE SECTION of the North Stand. 

Any shit songs or constant standing up then arrest or throw the vermin out. 

So fecking simple. 

We could always expand the ST situation so that all stands don’t include bigot games. Then offer the bigots all 8,029 seats and if any doesn’t sell, then offer it to Saints fans.

We could always expand the ST situation so that all stands don’t include bigot games. Then offer the bigots all 8,029 seats and if any doesn’t sell, then offer it to Saints fans.
Fantastic idea.
Think of the money it would generate and the players we could then buy!

Why ever not?

Genius idea.

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

Fantastic idea.
Think of the money it would generate and the players we could then buy!

Why ever not?

Genius idea.

Also, if it sells out none of our fans have to endure the sectarian nonsense. 

Now watch as GLS actually implements this for next season (again presuming we are all in the same league, I’m holding out hope of both our survival and Sevco going bust)

32 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

TBH this is the ultimate logical conclusion when you take the reasoning of the board apologist and apply it strictly. 

3 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

What’s the point of a season ticket if you don’t get covered for all home league games?

(Presuming we are in the same league as the bigots next season) It will already be advertised as “All games except against the vile bigot clubs”, so even if we sold out the Family Stand on ST sales prior to the start of the season, it wouldn’t make a difference.

Clearly I am proposing that the club make a greater effort to encourage more home fans to buy season tickets. Starting point has to be selling out the main and the west stand tickets. That would be around 4400 I think. This season, over 3,500 have bought. That would leave no room in these stands to move our fans in the family stand into. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Clearly I am proposing that the club make a greater effort to encourage more home fans to buy season tickets. Starting point has to be selling out the main and the west stand tickets. That would be around 4400 I think. This season, over 3,500 have bought. That would leave no room in these stands to move our fans in the family stand into. 

Like a 50% discount for all. 

Not true we out numbered the dead club in 1977 in a game that ended 3 3 but all the headlines were about the scum fighting among themselves and having the players taken off the pitch. 

I find that unlikely as I was in the old Love Street end with my Dad (a lifelong blue nose) and that part of the ground was full of Rangers fans. I remember cheering our second goal just on half time (McGarvey, I think?) and my old man almost getting into a fight with some idiot shouting abuse at his 8 year old son.

I guess they’ll have had the Caledonia end and part of the Northbank so they probably outnumbered Saints fans by about 2-1. Was a big crowd that day, probably about 25,000 and I’ve only seen anything more than 10,000 Saints fans for a Euro night or big cup match.

Might be wrong though.

6 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I do see where you are coming from. Perhaps a lot of us should buy season tickets in the family stand for next season. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Aye. Clear as mud.

What is clear is that Cornwall Saint is correct. The decision will be made PRIOR to the sale so not one ST holder in the family stand will have paid for his/her seat for the OF games.

9 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I find that unlikely as I was in the old Love Street end with my Dad (a lifelong blue nose) and that part of the ground was full of Rangers fans. I remember cheering our second goal just on half time (McGarvey, I think?) and my old man almost getting into a fight with some idiot shouting abuse at his 8 year old son.

I guess they’ll have had the Caledonia end and part of the Northbank so they probably outnumbered Saints fans by about 2-1. Was a big crowd that day, probably about 25,000 and I’ve only seen anything more than 10,000 Saints fans for a Euro night or big cup match.

Might be wrong though.

I was a bit older than 8 unfortunately well 12 years older.  During that time old firm fans were thrown out the love street end if celebrating goals.  Loads of crowds of saints fans over 10k that period the may before there was a crowd of 17000 for the second leg of the Renfrewshire cup final.  

16 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Might be wrong though.

I was at that game with my wee brother and their fans had infiltrated all parts of the ground.

Gordon Sawers
2 hours ago

ROBBED BY WILLIAM “BROTHER” COLLUM, MORELOS HAD 7 FOULS N NEVER EVEN GOT BOOKED, RANGERS FANS IN OUR END CELEBRATING THEN ALL THE CLOWNS AT THE END, WILLIE COLLUM G4S n POLICE SHOULD BE MILKMEN, f**kIN BOTTLE MERCHANTS!!!

I was a bit older than 8 unfortunately well 12 years older.  During that time old firm fans were thrown out the love street end if celebrating goals.  Loads of crowds of saints fans over 10k that period the may before there was a crowd of 17000 for the second leg of the Renfrewshire cup final.  

I’ll bow to your age and wisdom![emoji85]

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Aye. Clear as mud.

What is clear is that Cornwall Saint is correct. The decision will be made PRIOR to the sale so not one ST holder in the family stand will have paid for his/her seat for the OF games.

Past Tense. I'm looking to the future.