If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The bit in bold is the answer I was looking for.

Not one of the others is aimed anywhere near the goal of getting our Family Stand back.

LPM has already dealt with the irony of you listing some of these.

Idealistic to think we could hit a target that would make the deal unworkable in the next couple seasons I’d say. Rough calculations, we’d have to increase last seasons record season ticket sales by almost 50%

no one (including GLS) is saying this situation is ideal, we know there will be pain but everything mentioned is aimed at increasing revenue, improving matchday experience & ultimately season ticket holders. The increase in sales seems to suggest much is working. 

11 hours ago, DumboBud said:

I think this was when you were at your condescending best on this thread 

“some might be a bit unhappy  .... but most care enough about the club”

If I recall correctly you then went on to describe those that didn’t agree as ‘a few’ 

No one will like this arrangement. there’s a massive difference between not liking it & seeing the financial gain it brings & agreeing with it. 

You remember incorrectly, I don’t know if it’s a few or many, nor do you. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Show me where I’ve once said I speak for the majority? 

As noted above, I think the following does so...

11 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Yep I know they won’t, they just shouldn’t make the mistake of assuming they speak for a majority because there’s a decent chance that isn’t the case. 

Your post suggests that your POV has a decent chance  of representing those not in a minority.

21 minutes ago, antrin said:

Hey Dumbo...

please do keep up!

bazil has now decided that it is NO LONGER ‘some’ or even ‘a few’ as there’s a ‘decent chance it’s not a majority!

How can you possibly argue against such a level of  definitively analytic precision?   :lol:

My mention of the word ‘few’ was to do with fans getting displaced & was meant in proportion to the larger number of fans that don’t get displaced. It had nothing to do with the actual like for like fans for and against the arrangement  

The fact a few posters pretty much came in their pants for weeks after it (IMO) shows the desperation & complete lack of success in trying to show where I have lied, spun or deflected. 

13 minutes ago, antrin said:

Your post suggests that your POV has a decent chance  of representing those not in a minority.

Because my opinion is they wouldn’t if it was put to a vote. I’m allowed to have an opinion different to some others on here but I am not saying it’ll be categorically correct. The same warning in assuming I speak for a majority applies. 

21 minutes ago, antrin said:

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Because my opinion is they wouldn’t if it was put to a vote. I’m allowed to have an opinion different to some others on here but I am not saying it’ll be categorically correct. The same warning in assuming I speak for a majority applies. 

Assuming is the big factor here. :wink:

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Idealistic to think we could hit a target that would make the deal unworkable in the next couple seasons I’d say. Rough calculations, we’d have to increase last seasons record season ticket sales by almost 50%

no one (including GLS) is saying this situation is ideal, we know there will be pain but everything mentioned is aimed at increasing revenue, improving matchday experience & ultimately season ticket holders. The increase in sales seems to suggest much is working. 

The Main Stand and West stand hold 4607 Max. so what happens if we sell 4707 season tickets?  

Your "almost 50%"  over last seasons 3500 sales would be 1700 - 1750 more equals 5200 - 5250, which is way more than we would have to sell.

I think your idealistic rough calculations are a bit of the mark. Explain what we do if we have 100 more season ticket holders than seats in the 2 stands!

5 minutes ago, sally02 said:

The Main Stand and West stand hold 4607 Max. so what happens if we sell 4707 season tickets?  

Your "almost 50%"  over last seasons 3500 sales would be 1700 - 1750 more equals 5200 - 5250, which is way more than we would have to sell.

I think your idealistic rough calculations are a bit of the mark. Explain what we do if we have 100 more season ticket holders than seats in the 2 stands!

My understanding was we sold 3,300 last season, if it was more than that, fantastic, more evidence the arrangement isn't scaring fans away.

a 50% increase in sales of 3,300 would be 4,950 meaning we would need to sell a wee bit under 50% to make the deal impractical... Exactly why I said almost 50%. 

Even if the 3,500 is true (hopefully it is) the target is still completely unrealistic to expect we'd increase to 4,607. Would have been setting us up for failure.  

Edit: If we had 100 more fans I would expect the arrangement to be stopped, GLS has already said as much in a 'review' when we increase tickets. 

Edited by bazil85

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Stand up to save our stands.....

Stand up to save our stands...

Stand up to save our stands...

STAND UP TO SAVE OUR STANDS.....

18th and 77th Minutes against Sevco, join in, let The board and their apologists know what the MAJORITY think!

Pointless task that doesn't create an environment for people to display their support for the arrangement. Peer pressure would play a massive part. You have no basis to assume you're in the majority... You should be used to that right enough. 

42 minutes ago, sally02 said:

My point exactly Sally. The remedy is in our hands. Buy more season tickets.  Simple. Our progression in selling more tickets each year over the past few years allied to a good finishing position in the league could see us sell out both side stands. As you say, what then? 

48 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Smell the fear... lol

S. O. S.

save our stands, you know it makes sense!

No fear at all, I'd be more than happy if the arrangement wasn't there, especially if it was because the seats were filled with SMFC fans. I understand why they do it though, money business. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

My point exactly Sally. The remedy is in our hands. Buy more season tickets.  Simple. Our progression in selling more tickets each year over the past few years allied to a good finishing position in the league could see us sell out both side stands. As you say, what then? 

Fans have bought more season tickets in the last few season, but the result have been more seats given to the bigots   :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Baz thinks this is fair as long as the club says so.

Who the hell are you to question it.

Baz... For one moment just look at those figures!

Do you think that is fair?

Do you think that is encouraging home supporters to attend?

Yes or no! Do you?

Did you get an answer  ?

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Fans have bought more season tickets in the last few season, but the result have been more seats given to the bigots   :rolleyes:

Given a decent season this time, my feeling is that we could reach the tipping point by the start of next season. I hope so. No guarantees in life though, I'll grant you that.