Post Split fixtures

guinness

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:51 PM, E=Mc2 said:

1. Jim McIntyre saying he believes he needs 4 wins.

Who is he trying to motivate, or indeed demotivate?

2. Is he hoping this statement will make us complacent?

3. Dundee only have to match us score for score, and then beat us by 3 goals to go above us by having the same goal difference but on the basis of having scored more goals.

I would like to think that the treasurers of Motherwell, St. Johnstone, and Livingston, will be suggesting to his colleagues that St. Mirren is his choice of the team he wishes to see finishing 10th.

1. For a team that has only had 4 wins ALL season long . . .

2. If he is he has failed - Dee are all but gone. If they somehow won this weekend, it would set them up for taking a point or 3 off Hamilton and I would be fine with that... but very unlikely all the same on both counts.

3. Different ball game now. we win any 2 and they stay below us...

4. Yes and money makes the world go round . . .  :magic

26 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

From reading the Dundee thread on P&B, almost all their fans actually posting believe they are down. Way past anger, more resigned to it and disappointed.

We have to avoid complacency - othing less than a win on Saturday.
COYS !

Having endured their last 8 games I am not surprised

Lost all 8, scored 3 against 18..................

And why did McIntyre stop with Nelson and Wright up top ?  Not that I am that bothered he did ...............

Imagine this forum if we were in their position

Adding Fire that United might ( big might) come up

Having endured their last 8 games I am not surprised
Lost all 8, scored 3 against 18..................
And why did McIntyre stop with Nelson and Wright up top ?  Not that I am that bothered he did ...............
Imagine this forum if we were in their position
Adding Fire that United might ( big might) come up
There is no doubt this forum would be in complete meltdown if we had 8 defeats in a row at this time of the season.

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

A bit pedantic but if we beat Well and Saintees and lose heavily to both Hamilton and Dundee then we could finish level on points with Dundee and go down on goal difference or goals scored.

It is ok to be pedantic but we both know that this is highly unlikely on the back of Dee's 8 straight defeats and lack of goals (4 wins all season long etc., and the 10 goal deficit in goal difference) - Then Hamilton are not scoring many goals either - that is even before we look at how well we are performing... defensively and offensively.

For me Dee have gone - we just need to finish the job and pass Hamilton and stay ahead of them . . . :ninja

The tricky issue in the next fixtures is will Hamilton win, draw or lose. They have not beaten Dee all season, and this is Dee's last chance saloon. 

We have a tricky Well team. (Hope they continue to leave out Hastie and they are also missing Gorrin too as he is suspended)

We do not want to lose any ground on Hamilton at all, but a draw is not great for us no matter what Hamilton do.

Likelihood of Dee beating them is not great, but a draw is a possibility.

A draw for us if they draw is not disaster or even if they get beat.

However, psychologically it would be massive if we win and pass them either on goal difference or on points as well. That way when we play them a draw is not good enough for them, knowing we have Dee last...

So to set us up well a win is essential against Well !  Really Really Really hope we do that and Dee win their next game... :magic