Tommy Gemmell Archive

I hear that Tommy's archive, including over 100 items like photographs, jerseys, signed programmes and medals are coming up for auction by McTears on 26th April.  His '59 cup medal and jersey are included and I wonder if the club or SMISA would be interested.  The medal is estimated at £1K to £2K and the jersey at £500 to £800.  Full list on McTears website if anyone's interested.

Edited by rabuddies
spellnig

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 12:31 AM, rabuddies said:

I hear that Tommy's archive, including over 100 items like photographs, jerseys, signed programmes and medals are coming up for auction by McTears on 26th April.  His '59 cup medal and jersey are included and I wonder if the club or SMISA would be interested.  The medal is estimated at £1K to £2K and the jersey at £500 to £800.  Full list on McTears website if anyone's interested.

Medal went for £1,700 Anyone know who got it? I'm gutted I bid £1,600 -_- 1959 top went for £6,000 and as Scotland shirt went for £1,900

27 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Medal went for £1,700 Anyone know who got it? I'm gutted I bid £1,600 -_- 1959 top went for £6,000 and as Scotland shirt went for £1,900

The club bought some if not all items.

Seen a tweet from someone retweeting Alan Wardrop who was at auction.

In fact , read end of original thread which has some details of what happened

Edited by alanb

5 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

You bid against the club, and cost them more money? Thereby wiping out all of the gains from the old firm in the south stand and the money stolen from SMISA

Nope £1,600 was my first bid and as far as I know it was blind. I never got the option to up my bid anyway. My plan was to donate it to the club, I had no idea they had bid. I am happy though the seller made decent money from the items. 

Nice wee bit of trolling there. Is that what gets you through your sheer rage that the two stand deal is continuing and SMISA have made decisions based on a voting majority? Must hurt ouch :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Nope £1,600 was my first bid and as far as I know it was blind. I never got the option to up my bid anyway. My plan was to donate it to the club, I had no idea they had bid. I am happy though the seller made decent money from the items. 

Nice wee bit of trolling there. Is that what gets you through your sheer rage that the two stand deal is continuing and SMISA have made decisions based on a voting majority? Must hurt ouch :rolleyes:

Dull bugger alert!

49 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If it was anyone (almost) else, I would have believed it was a joke. He's well versed on his hatred of SMISA. 

I thought it was funny but I suppose when the jokes on you...........

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Translation - 'He knew I was trolling and didn't bite'

"Nope £1,600 was my first bid and as far as I know it was blind. I never got the option to up my bid anyway. My plan was to donate it to the club, I had no idea they had bid. I am happy though the seller made decent money from the items"

This is you, not biting.

40 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

"Nope £1,600 was my first bid and as far as I know it was blind. I never got the option to up my bid anyway. My plan was to donate it to the club, I had no idea they had bid. I am happy though the seller made decent money from the items"

This is you, not biting.

Correct

36 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

There are no verses, only choruses

"I fckin hate smisa, i fckin hate smisa, i fckin hate-i fckin smisa"

You know the rest.

Yes you do, shame you can't stop them