Livingston v St. Mirren 20th April

56 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I’d take a point right now and move onto the St Johnstone home game.

Nah, completely the wrong mindset.

From here on in we must approach every single remaining fixture with 3 points as our target. For 3 of the remaining 5 fixtures our opponents have nothing at stake and their players will have holidays on their mind. We must impose ourselves and batter the shit out of them.

Draws would only be an acceptable outcome if we happen to be losing with a few minutes to go.

Nah, completely the wrong mindset.

From here on in we must approach every single remaining fixture with 3 points as our target. For 3 of the remaining 5 fixtures our opponents have nothing at stake and their players will have holidays on their mind. We must impose ourselves and batter the shit out of them.

Draws would only be an acceptable outcome if we happen to be losing with a few minutes to go.

I understand what you’re saying Wilbur but our away form has been shit. If we can stay unbeaten on the road then I believe we’ll do enough in the two home games to guarantee safety.

The 2 week rest has come at a good time for us.  A chance to recharge the batteries and get players back into contention ie Magennis and possibly Hodson. 

There's no reason to fear any of our remaining fixtures. 

Agree with @Wilbur post-split games have a completely different dynamic to what has happened before, it's not unusual for teams still in the dogfight to pick up 8-10 points post split - we got 11 in 2000/01, 9 in 2006/07 and 8 in 2013/14 (significantly 7 in the first 3 when we still in the struggle).

We could still finish in any of the bottom three spots and it's important that we treat the remaining games as 5 Cup Finals (OKs words)!

16 hours ago, munoz said:

The 2 week rest has come at a good time for us.  A chance to recharge the batteries and get players back into contention ie Magennis and possibly Hodson. 

There's no reason to fear any of our remaining fixtures. 

I do fear this one since we played them in January or February last year the 4-1 defeat (we have struggled with how physical they are as have most SPL to be honest).

I just think likes of Erahon, McPherson, Lyons, Dreyer & Baird going by previous experience will get bullied all day by their bigger stronger team. 

Will still be there hoping to be completely wrong. 

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I do fear this one since we played them in January or February last year the 4-1 defeat (we have struggled with how physical they are as have most SPL to be honest).

I just think likes of Erahon, McPherson, Lyons, Dreyer & Baird going by previous experience will get bullied all day by their bigger stronger team. 

Will still be there hoping to be completely wrong. 

How come we won the last game against them if we get bullied?

Baird has been rock solid for months and despite all the others who some think should have displaced him in the 1st team, he is in there on merit.

He was fab yesterday, winning every header, most tackles and only three out of his 25 passes out of defence did not go to our team...

Think it was Muzek(maybe Popescu)  who was behind their goal scorer and did not stop it - NOT Baird who was at the front post 6 yards out..Hamilton are more physical than Livi and we coped not too badly.

Chances are Erhahon and MacPherson won't be in the starting 11 and Dreyer is coming on to a game. Lyons scored the winner against Dee but had a poor game yesterday - give him a wee break - he might also be subbed if Magennis is fit anyway..

The least likely game for us to win is Motherwell, but they are all possible IF we play well, take chances and don't have bad luck or cr*p refereeing decisions against us.  :spud6

Edited by Sweeper07

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Baird has been rock solid for months and despite all the others who some thing should have displaced him in the 1st team, he is in there on merit.

He was fab yesterday, winning every header, most tackles and only three out of his 25 passes out of defence did not go to our team...

Think it was Muzek(maybe Popescu)  who was behind their goal scorer and did not stop it - NOT Baird who was at the front post 6 yards out..Hamilton are more physical than Livi and we coped not too badly.

Chances are Erhahon and MacPherson won't be in the starting 11 and Dreyer is coming on to a game. Lyons scored the winner against Dee but had a poor game yesterday - give him a wee break - he might also be subbed if Magennis is fit anyway..

The least likely game for us to win is Motherwell, but they are all possible IF we play well, take chances and don't have bad luck or cr*p refereeing decisions against us.  :spud6

Fair enough we beat them the last time at home but last 2 visits to there place we have took the lead then conceded 7 pretty sure most of them from set pieces. 

More than 1 Spfl manager this season has mentioned how tough and physical it is to play them through there and as I mentioned above our last 2 performances there have been terrible, makes me worried. 

15 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Fair enough we beat them the last time at home but last 2 visits to there place we have took the lead then conceded 7 pretty sure most of them from set pieces. 

More than 1 Spfl manager this season has mentioned how tough and physical it is to play them through there and as I mentioned above our last 2 performances there have been terrible, makes me worried. 

We are a new team other than 3 or 4 players from those defeats, and the team are now up to speed.

Totally agree that they are physical, but think the way Hamilton play is exactly that too, with lots of bodies behind the ball.

Set pieces have won them a lot of games - that is why I agree that, if fit, MacKenzie will likely be back in the starting 11.

The big issue for us is taking chances - still not moving quick enough, not firing the trigger quick enough, and not hitting the target often enough.

I do hope Magennis is back fit and raring to get a goal or two . . .  wwe need more goals from the middle of the park and from CB's at set pieces for us too..

We have to be on front foot now, we lead this lot 1-0 at HT last time then put in dreadful 45.

Target 5 wins - Well got thumped by Sevco yesterday , Fakes got thumped by Killie, only Livi showed resolve however should have been well beaten.

We are fighting for our lives, the players are fighting for status, wages , security and a future....

I want to see it on the park

Early season games against Livi are irrelevant as the team we now have is totally different from the team then. On current form over the last 6 games we have taken 7 points and Livi have taken 8 points over the same period. Not much in it. Good chance we may be even stronger than a few recent games with Stephen McGinn, Gary MacKenzie and Kyle Magennis returning. We can definitely get a win there.

On 4/7/2019 at 6:17 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Baird has been rock solid for months and despite all the others who some think should have displaced him in the 1st team, he is in there on merit.

Whisper it quietly the Baird haters can't stand it but its between Jack or P McGinn for our POTY. He may not be as good on the ball as Popescu or Musek but he reads a game as well them and always gives 110%. He's been on the scene so long now you'd be forgiven for forgetting he is only 23 years old.

Just shows how a player can benefit by adding 2 good defenders and a keeper who can play football and don't just shell it long (inaccurately might I add) for it to come right back at them all game...

32 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
11 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
Plastic pitches keeping him out Looks like. His ankle probably wont stand up to them.

Be good to have both Gary and the Duck both back for the Fakes game. Need that physical presence.

It's already been confirmed Gary Mac has no issue with plastic pitches.

Duck is banned but Cody Cooke is well overdue a start. Jackson should be nowhere near a game like this.

7 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Duck is banned but Cody Cooke is well overdue a start. Jackson should be nowhere near a game like this.

The same Jackson that set up the winner the last time the two sides met ? 

7 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Going on my QoS source who said he turned them down after Stubbs said he was free to find another club because they play on plastic. If he is in at Livi then perhaps his op was a complete success?

21 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
Going on my QoS source who said he turned them down after Stubbs said he was free to find another club because they play on plastic. If he is in at Livi then perhaps his op was a complete success?

It might be he just didn't fancy playing on it every other week rather than a injury concern.

Yeah that makes so much sense.... Doh!