Livingston v St. Mirren 20th April

Dreyer having another quietly effective game - assist for 1st goal, great pass to set Jackson up on 49 minutes, nice corner headered over by Lyons from 8 yards out, pass for Jackson blocked in penalty box and falls to Mullen who spins and shoots and scores.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Looked to me (from the ALBA coverage) as if Halkett got a touch on the ball before he tackled Lyons.*

*Scratch that. The angle from behind shows he doesn't get a touch. Correct decision from Collum .:shockaroony

Still glorious.:D.

Edited by FTOF

Great performances all all over the park today today and good change of formation and personnel in the second half. Special mention to Jackson when he came on and really gave them problems with his running. And Magennis is on 10 secs and blasts a shot at goal something Lyons didn't do in the previous 75 mins. But why, oh why Oran are you still playing Ethan? Musek is a far superior player on the left. Ethan cost us their goal due to his usual not picking up his man. Paul McGinn deservedly MoM. Only 4 more to go now and we are on a roll. :)

So, what did we learn today?

We’re not the soft touches we were earlier this season.

Gary McKenzie can play on an artificial pitch.[emoji6]

Good things happen when you actually shoot.

Magennis will be a BIG player over the next 4 weeks.

Fans were f**king magnificent.

There is a real belief about this team.

We are staying up!

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Great performances all all over the park today today and good change of formation and personnel in the second half. Special mention to Jackson when he came on and really gave them problems with his running. And Magennis is on 10 secs and blasts a shot at goal something Lyons didn't do in the previous 75 mins. But why, oh why Oran are you still playing Ethan? Musek is a far superior player on the left. Ethan cost us their goal due to his usual not picking up his man. Paul McGinn deservedly MoM. Only 4 more to go now and we are on a roll. :)

Fantastic 3 points plus knowing Dee and Hamilton lose points. But I was not convinced we had loads of superstar performances today.

No doubt Livi going down to 10 men affected the match, but we were methodical and predictable for much of the match. And it was only in the last 10 minutes or so that we really got in front.

I thought P. McGinn has a really decent game, Flynn and Baird too. Dreyer effective often but hidden away at times. McAllister very good for the time he was on the park.

Most of the rest could all play better but some played well enough.  Popescu's poorest game IMO. MacKenzie too not great. Erhahon mixed but not great either.

Jackson worked hard as did Mullen and I am glad they got goals - but their goalie was our 2nd best player . . .

Delighted Magennis is back and we are ONE win away from Hamilton - a tough one next but it is  a possibility we could pass them next week. In their favour is Halkett's suspension. (He did play the man and not the ball)

Sitting at home with a big red face from the sun delighted with the way the day turned out. I have not been a huge fan of the manager but His substitutions today were spot on. McKenzie struggled first half and we looked much better when we went 4 at the back. We were also much more direct second half and looked much better. Well done saints.also great to see mcgenniss back. Only on for a short time but looked good.

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Fantastic 3 points plus knowing Dee and Hamilton lose points. But I was not convinced we had loads of superstar performances today.

No doubt Livi going down to 10 men affected the match, but we were methodical and predictable for much of the match. And it was only in the last 10 minutes or so that we really got in front.

I thought P. McGinn has a really decent game, Flynn and Baird too. Dreyer effective often but hidden away at times. McAllister very good for the time he was on the park.

Most of the rest could all play better but some played well enough.  Popescu's poorest game IMO. MacKenzie too not great. Erhahon mixed but not great either.

Jackson worked hard as did Mullen and I am glad they got goals - but their goalie was our 2nd best player . . .

Delighted Magennis is back and we are ONE win away from Hamilton - a tough one next but it is  a possibility we could pass them next week. In their favour is Halkett's suspension. (He did play the man and not the ball)

I did not mean they were all great today. In the first half I thought 7 of them put in very good performances against a very physical and good Livi team as their home record proves. In the second half the change of formation and Jackson kept the ball up top a lot more but late on with Magennis and McAllister we showed a greater threat and composure albeit Livi were tiring. Ethan and Brad need a rest next week and hopefully Musek and Magennis will be on from the start. And hopefully two strikers. Bring it on :)