Livingston v St. Mirren 20th April

On 4/22/2019 at 7:46 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Maybe it was also because he wasn't playing that well either. Lost in in the box at one point trying to run with it out, but Baird rescued him and at the goal they scored, he was culpable, as was P. McGinn, Erhahon, Popescu, and Hladky.

We looked far more assured after he went off . . .

I thought it was the fact that they had out back five sussed and exploited the gap between the left sided central defender and the left back . Motherwell done that too , and we moved from a back five to a back to deal with it .

With that in mind , I think we should go with a back four on Saturday .

53 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I thought it was the fact that they had out back five sussed and exploited the gap between the left sided central defender and the left back . Motherwell done that too , and we moved from a back five to a back to deal with it .

With that in mind , I think we should go with a back four on Saturday .

I think they simply caught us napping a bit and a number of our players got sucked in and caught out. That will happen in some games - players are human.

MacKenzie was a rock in the previous game he played, but in this one he was much poorer - that coupled with the man advantage let us take off a defender - Oran made the right call. The Fakes tend to play 4 - 4 - 2 quite a lot - even though they set up at times it looks like 4  -  5  - 1

Oran has a number of options - that is good because we should be less predictable. Like you I think it will be 4 at the back though.

Earlier in the season we had so little firepower on the bench - against Livi we brought on Magennis, McAllister and Jackson - remember who we had to bring on in Sept against Hamilton? (Brock-M, Kirkpatrick and Willock - also on the bench was Breadner and in the team that day was Edwards, Smith and Coulson - Smith and Kirkpatrick are not racking up much playing time in the Championship now, Edwards is playing reserve football, who knows where Brock is...)

Big squad of fit dudes - vying for a jersey - pressure to play well - great news for us . . .  :magic