Jump to content

Sweeper07

Livingston v St. Mirren 20th April

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

He hasn't set foot on a plastic pitch since then! We'll,see if he is in the squad and used next Saturday.

Given that he's played just one game since returning,  I wouldn't be surprised if he's overlooked for this one. That doesn't mean that he won't play on a synthetic pitch again though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, munoz said:

Given that he's played just one game since returning,  I wouldn't be surprised if he's overlooked for this one. That doesn't mean that he won't play on a synthetic pitch again though. 

No, just the ones we are drawn to play on eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, munoz said:

None of us really know , do we? 

One of us really knows, the other seems hurt/offended by that. Which is strange as its about the only ITK fact i know/knew.

tickets on sake now for home games Fakes & Accies.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

One of us really knows, the other seems hurt/offended by that. Which is strange as its about the only ITK fact i know/knew.

tickets on sake now for home games Fakes & Accies.

Definitely not hurt or offended. Just hope for big Gary Macs career that he's made a full recovery.  Time will tell .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, munoz said:

Definitely not hurt or offended. Just hope for big Gary Macs career that he's made a full recovery.  Time will tell .

Would be a big bonus if he's good 2 go on the astro!

with Hodson and Anton coming back too gives us a chance to shut that back door, and push up n strength & numbers.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, munoz said:

The same Jackson that set up the winner the last time the two sides met ? 

The very same, many players score in football games all over the world let alone SET UP goals, it doesn't make them good players. Our bar of expectations has fallen so, so low

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Going on my QoS source who said he turned them down after Stubbs said he was free to find another club because they play on plastic. If he is in at Livi then perhaps his op was a complete success?

You don't have a QoS source but I digress, perhaps an aging player chose to prolong his career and overall keep is body in good condition. The other poster made perfect sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, W6Saint said:

You don't have a QoS source but I digress, perhaps an aging player chose to prolong his career and overall keep is body in good condition. The other poster made perfect sense.

My QoS source said Mac did not sign as he was still a Premiership player with Premiership wages and a year left on his contract and that he did not fancy playing on a plastic pitch (like many players) - not that he was unable to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sonny said:

My QoS source said Mac did not sign as he was still a Premiership player with Premiership wages and a year left on his contract and that he did not fancy playing on a plastic pitch (like many players) - not that he was unable to do so.

Like before, if he actually plays come next Saturday we will all know for sure. Thanks for confirming the plastic pitch though.

its gonna be a long stag till next Saturday.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, munoz said:

When did Livi games become all ticket. Bad enough in Paisley but at that stadium that is utter nonsense. Presumably you will be able to PATG or buy a ticket through there on the day ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ayrshire Saints said:

When did Livi games become all ticket. Bad enough in Paisley but at that stadium that is utter nonsense. Presumably you will be able to PATG or buy a ticket through there on the day ???

Last time we played it was all ticket but you could buy them at a wee table next to their social club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team plans for Livi game :-                                                              Hladky

                                                                                         Baird            MacKenzie     Popescu

                                                                            P. McGinn                                                           Muzek

                                                                                         Dreyer    Flynn    S McGinn   Magennis

                                                                                                                   Jackson

Subs Holmes, Cooke (F), Mullen (F), Erhahon D/MF), Corbu (D), Lyons (M), Hodson (D/MF)

Missing out McAllister, Ferdinand, Kellerman, MacPherson                                               (Subs and missing out is an entire team of fit people!)  :turtle

 

It is going to be the hardest call all season for Oran . . . :magic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Team plans for Livi game :-                                                              Hladky

                                                                                         Baird            MacKenzie     Popescu

                                                                            P. McGinn                                                           Muzek

                                                                                         Dreyer    Flynn    S McGinn   Magennis

                                                                                                                   Jackson

Subs Holmes, Cooke (F), Mullen (F), Erhahon D/MF), Corbu (D), Lyons (M), Hodson (D/MF)

Missing out McAllister, Ferdinand, Kellerman, MacPherson                                               (Subs and missing out is an entire team of fit people!)  :turtle

 

It is going to be the hardest call all season for Oran . . . :magic

You dropping Lyons for McGinn? 

Plus Jackson ? I would challenge Mullen v his ex team

 

Otherwise looks good

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

You dropping Lyons for McGinn? 

Plus Jackson ? I would challenge Mullen v his ex team

Otherwise looks good

Listen, I wouldn't pick the team I listed either - but that is what I imagine Oran would pick.

I have no idea if Magennis will have any kind of match fitness or if he will even get a start. So I dropped Lyons for Magennis, presuming that our captain would be given a slot in the team from the start. I think Lyons gives a hard working hour and then the energy reduces, so he is an option for the last 30 minutes or a bit more if needed. (Coming on then I think he could prove very effective.

Like you I would have Mullen in from the start, but unlike you I would have Jackson playing with Mullen up front. Jackson is less effective on his own and needs a close partner to shine. (Even with a winger they are too far apart most of the time). I would see Cooke replacing Jackson or Mullen after 55 minutes or so too.

I hesitated with Erhahon v McAllister. On song it would be McAllister, but he was non existent last time out. Erhahon can cover LB and a midfield berth.

Corbu could be dropped to allow McAllister in, but to be fair Corbu did well against Tic... though Hodson is cover for RB also... (But how fit is he, physically and match wise)

I would also give MacKenzie a bit of freedom to wander up field when a midfielder joins the attack to fill in or on occasion to join the attack - especially at set-pieces with Baird up then too.  I think that we are a wee bit predictable currently. That was the one of the things JR made us do much better, people changing position and confusing the opposition... 

I hope that there are a couple of closed door games to get Magennis, Hodson, MacKenzie and Stephen M up and running a bit.

Anyway, I await getting shot down from various angles . . . :ninja We could really use a win here...

Edited by Sweeper07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Mac should be fit for this according to OK in today's PDE.

"Gary was still as stiff as a poker after playing against Dundee, so we couldn't risk him (V Hamilton). His calf was a bit tight and didn't loosen up enough in time. As there was a two week break, there was no point in risking him. He could possibly be back in the mix for the Livingston game, but there is good competition for places just now.."

Edited by FTOF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gary Mac should be fit for this according to OK in today's PDE.
"Gary was still as stiff as a poker after playing against Dundee, so we couldn't risk him (V Hamilton). His calf was a bit tight and didn't loosen up enough in time. As there was a two week break, there was no point in risking him. He could possibly be back in the mix for the Livingston game, but there is good competition for places just now.."
If he can't play and I mean If, then nothing wrong with the press release so opponents don't know what the line up will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

If he can't play and I mean If, then nothing wrong with the press release so opponents don't know what the line up will be. emoji106.png

Yes but we won't have loads of different confusion options, so I think they will cope.

It all depends how attack minded we are. I hope we get right into them quickly and unsettle them - that is what they are good at doing to others - but at the same time we cannot go gung ho and not expect to be punished - they move the ball quickly and their movement off the ball is good for this level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 1:49 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Team plans for Livi game :-                                                              Hladky

                                                                                         Baird            MacKenzie     Popescu

                                                                            P. McGinn                                                           Muzek

                                                                                         Dreyer    Flynn    S McGinn   Magennis

                                                                                                                   Jackson

Subs Holmes, Cooke (F), Mullen (F), Erhahon D/MF), Corbu (D), Lyons (M), Hodson (D/MF)

Missing out McAllister, Ferdinand, Kellerman, MacPherson                                               (Subs and missing out is an entire team of fit people!)  :turtle

 

It is going to be the hardest call all season for Oran . . . :magic

I'd be happy with that , would deal with Livvys aerial threat , and maybe even allow us to offer  an aerial threat . And for that reason , might even go with Cooke instead of Jackson , and McAllister on the bench instead of Corbu .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would take a draw now as it would mean Dundee needing to get at least two more results than us, and at least keeps a hope of catching Hamilton.

what will be interesting is how Dundee and Hamilton get on next weekend?

Will Dundee rally and at best equal us on points, or be one behind? Or will their slump all but condemn them by five oclock next Saturday?

will Hamilton stumble, plateau or pull away? If they win or draw, it's crucial we get a result too. If we get nothing and they win its almost defo a playoff fight between us and Dundee.

the big one though is WIN and win again against Accies, then one more result better from the other two games than Hamilton gets us tenth!

nine points out of fifteen might be enough, ten points would just about guarantee tenth spot.

which of the three teams has got it in them to do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be getting infected by the daft, unreflecting mentality that often pervades this forum when Saints win a single game, but....

which of the three teams has got it in them to do that?”

ST MIRREN!!!  :bounce1:bounce2:bounce3:bounce4

Edited by antrin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Would take a draw now as it would mean Dundee needing to get at least two more results than us, and at least keeps a hope of catching Hamilton.

what will be interesting is how Dundee and Hamilton get on next weekend?

Will Dundee rally and at best equal us on points, or be one behind? Or will their slump all but condemn them by five oclock next Saturday?

will Hamilton stumble, plateau or pull away? If they win or draw, it's crucial we get a result too. If we get nothing and they win its almost defo a playoff fight between us and Dundee.

the big one though is WIN and win again against Accies, then one more result better from the other two games than Hamilton gets us tenth!

nine points out of fifteen might be enough, ten points would just about guarantee tenth spot.

which of the three teams has got it in them to do that?

We will beat Livingstone Hamilton will lose to Motherwell Dundee will beat the fakes that's my prediction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...