Jump to content

Sweeper07

Livingston v St. Mirren 20th April

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We will beat Livingstone Hamilton will lose to Motherwell Dundee will beat the fakes that's my prediction. 

I was thinking about how that could happen too. That way if Dee beat Hamilton the following week at worst Dee and (if we beat Livi) we could be 1 point behind Hamilton . . .

If Dee win their next 2 and Hamilton get nothing, there is a very real chance any of us could finish 12th,  we would be under pressure too - even if we won our next 2 games.

I am not sure Dee have it in them though (7 straight defeats) ... Hamilton are poor but work hard and can snatch an occasional win. So even if Dee were to beat Hamilton, it is not too likely that Dee win many more or that Hamilton won't manage at least 1 more win...

I think more likely is Dee getting a point against the Fakes, and drawing against Hamilton (who also lose against Motherwell). That way if we win against Livi, and take a draw against the Fakes.

That would leave Hamilton 1 point ahead of us, and Dee 5 behind us. I would take that with 3 games to go . . .  :turtle

Edited by Sweeper07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the 6 teams in the bottom half,Only 3 of them have anything to play for and we all know who they are

Livvy have already 2 players leaving at the end of the season so i dont see them busting a gut for 5 meaningless games

For me,you can throw form out the window in these next 5 games as anything can happen and probably will

One cup final at a time........Livvy 2 Saints 2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking it's quite possible that we could be going into our last two games knowing two wins will take us to tenth place , but also knowing that we won't be bottom . Which would allow us to be very attack minded . It's actually quite an exciting end of season . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I'm thinking it's quite possible that we could be going into our last two games knowing two wins will take us to tenth place , but also knowing that we won't be bottom . Which would allow us to be very attack minded . It's actually quite an exciting end of season . 

There are always other factors in situations like that and even more so if we are safe altogether. Giving some players a rest (or early break) and trying out other squad players. That lets them get some 1st team action and helps younger guys we are planning to keep, but also may be to see if we want to keep others for next season too...  :guinness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Its so hard to call......

Remember Hibs relegation saga , when they took 1 point from last 5, then lost play offs after 2-0 away win at Accies....

The first round is so vital.................... I saw Kenny Miller on Sportscene, they are already moaning about the fixtures and the fact they have 2 away games that they have already been to twice...................................

We lead Livi 1-0 at HT last time away then shut off, we beat Well 1-0 last visit there, we have beaten Dundee twice, so concerns are Fakes and Accies as thats 1 point out of 18 against them ...............................

Money is on Dundee , they have lost last 7, won one game at home all season and thats some turn around

We have gone from 5 behind them to 3 in front in last 7 games.........................

But Livi game is totally massive as its the first, its not a must win, but it is a must not lose

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Its so hard to call...…   Remember Hibs relegation saga , when they took 1 point from last 5, then lost play offs after 2-0 away win at Accies....

The first round is so vital.................... I saw Kenny Miller on Sportscene, they are already moaning about the fixtures and the fact they have 2 away games that they have already been to twice...................................

We lead Livi 1-0 at HT last time away then shut off, we beat Well 1-0 last visit there, we have beaten Dundee twice, so concerns are Fakes and Accies as thats 1 point out of 18 against them ...............................

Money is on Dundee , they have lost last 7, won one game at home all season and thats some turn around. We have gone from 5 behind them to 3 in front in last 7 games......................…  But Livi game is totally massive as its the first, its not a must win, but it is a must not lose

This is essentially true, but the results from Dee and Hamilton are part of the mix too. They lose and we draw fine, We draw and they win, not so fine. etc.

It is only a sort of must not lose though, as the momentum from positive results are a psychological factor and that can add fear to our two relegation opponents. So we don't want them to gain anything on us.   :magic

My big hope is that we gain something on Hamilton and don't lose any of our advantage to Dee. Do that and we are rolling in the right direction for sure.  

We beat Livi last time, but it could go any way this time. We need to play them off the park for 90 minutes, create and take our chances and make them come out of defence.

I really hope Oran has been getting the lads to do lots of long range shooting and from the edge of the box when the ball breaks out... (ON TARGET - not over the bar or wide of the goals please). IS magic going to play . . . :ninja  (Maybe as a sub)

Edited by Sweeper07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

If we can take big crowd there like we did in Championship we will be fine. Great support that day.

Didn't they pump us 3-1 that day?

Think we had 1,700, was some support

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

No it was 4v1 !!

We took far more the year McGarry scored a screamer in a 2v1 win

Think we win 2-1 both games at Livingston that season Mcgarry scored a 20 yarder into top corner in one from a throw in(last time we scored from a positive throw in I believe).

In the other he chipped the keeper from 35/40 yards out on touchline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Any news on Pay at the gate for this?

They sell tickets off a table in their social club to away fans. Get their early, always a queue, or buy online from smfc.

edit: you can now buy them off Livi's site and download to your phone to flash at the gate. Wish they'd started with that option. Link here:  bit.ly/2XpFgnD

 

Edited by Lord Pityme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
They sell tickets off a table in their social club to away fans. Get their early, always a queue, or buy online from smfc.
Yep, that's what Livingston told me when I asked about PATG. The emphasis was definitely on "get there early" too.
Seems their staff believe it's likely to be busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Yep, that's what Livingston told me when I asked about PATG. The emphasis was definitely on "get there early" too.
Seems their staff believe it's likely to be busy.

Well it will be compared to their usual 1200 or so on average...    :happyclapper

A huge 3 points for us, and if Hamilton fail to win, we cut the deficit to either 2 or 1 point . . .   :thumbs2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Getting there early will simply be to avoid queues and congestion, we could take 5000 through here (we won't!) and we would still all be accommodated confortably

Can see a support similar to the Hamilton game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Saints fans can purchase tickets online and download an e-ticket on their phone

Tickets for Livi

 

section L only.  My recollection of the layout is that once in the stadium, you can then move to pretty much any area if you need to hook up with your buddies.

 

Only giving me the option of adult (£24 !) or concession at £16 - not letting you purchase an U16 ticket for £10 so pretty useless. And charging £1 to download a PDF to a mobile device is an total disgrace. Will just wait and buy them through there on Saturday !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doakes said:

Sensible from Livi, great to see a club do things properly

 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Only giving me the option of adult (£24 !) or concession at £16 - not letting you purchase an U16 ticket for £10 so pretty useless. And charging £1 to download a PDF to a mobile device is an total disgrace. Will just wait and buy them through there on Saturday !

Why is it that Premiership Teams cannot do their business professionally . . . . ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...