James Webb Will See Further - Space

Most amazing 'stat' wrt this picture is that...

... yonder Black Hole in the sky is - from Earth -  like what we would see if looking at a mustard seed in Washington DC - from Brussels!

Quite small and quite far away.

I was mulling over how I could communicate that to Brother Dougal...   :unsure:

16 minutes ago, antrin said:

... yonder Black Hole in the sky is - from Earth -  like what we would see if looking at a mustard seed in Washington DC - from Brussels!

Clever loved that one - 

How small are we ?> 

6 hours ago, antrin said:

5 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Clever loved that one - 

How small are we ?> 

It's worth standing in your garden on a clear night and spending 10 minutes just looking at the vastness out there and considering how insignificant we are and remembering how few years we actually get to be alive in one of the richest and most free countries the world has ever seen. If anyone can do that and come back to me and tell me life is shite then I give up. :P

It's also worth remembering, in light of my suggestion above, that some people have actually wasted 3 years, and counting, of their lives working on and stressing about Brexit as though it has any meaning whatsoever in the scheme of things. :blink:

Edited by oaksoft

I'm astounded that I'm still rattling along.  Should have shuffled off several mortal coils by now.  But I daily grow less astounded and more understanding...

Now, we know (don't we?) that multiple wee bits of us will continue after death... (We are stardust, we are golden and so on...)   So what I am beginning to realise is that 99% of my multiple wee bits are already in the realms of immortality, so it's beginning to look ever more likely that a whole 100% deal is either - in the offing or already present.

Possibly I'll be proven wrong sooner or later.   Musn't grumble.   :)

18 minutes ago, antrin said:

I'm astounded that I'm still rattling along.  Should have shuffled off several mortal coils by now.  But I daily grow less astounded and more understanding...

Now, we know (don't we?) that multiple wee bits of us will continue after death... (We are stardust, we are golden and so on...)   So what I am beginning to realise is that 99% of my multiple wee bits are already in the realms of immortality, so it's beginning to look ever more likely that a whole 100% deal is either - in the offing or already present.

Hope for the future . . . or just fitted into time and space for a while as a human . . .  :spud5

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Every atom which has ever been a part of you will always exist in some form or another unless the laws of thermodynamics and the principle of the conservation of mass are wrong.

Hopefully as time goes by, humans will simply die out.

We are an abomination of a species and the sooner we are gone the better for everything else which relies on earth to survive.

Edited by oaksoft

8 hours ago, antrin said:

Are the drugs you’re taking fae the doctor?