Our Strip. What Next?

5 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
19 minutes ago, stlucifer said:
Bring back the 2012-13 kit without the sponsor band. Just try to incorporate the sponsor logo better.

But with a V neck and the centre stripe being white.

Don't mind the sequence of the stripes but the V neck's a good shout.

Yep, for me, the cup-winning strip is the best we've had for a long time. Mild annual variations on that would do for me.

Plus, is it any coincidence that we actually won something whilst wearing it? Yes. Yes it is. But we definitely did get relegated as a direct result of that honking 2014-15 strip. :green

17 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Juventus shirt for 2019/20 season.

It's typical - my standard line when it comes to black and white shirts is that Juventus never get it wrong so why can't we just copy them... and then they go and do this :lol:

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Yep, for me, the cup-winning strip is the best we've had for a long time. Mild annual variations on that would do for me.

Plus, is it any coincidence that we actually won something whilst wearing it? Yes. Yes it is. But we definitely did get relegated as a direct result of that honking 2014-15 strip. :green

It's typical - my standard line when it comes to black and white shirts is that Juventus never get it wrong so why can't we just copy them... and then they go and do this :lol:

This a pretty brutal strip tbf. And I agree that the sole reason we got relegated was that barcode thing we had on that season, totally nothing to do with TC and his rank signings :thumbs2

15 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

This a pretty brutal strip tbf. And I agree that the sole reason we got relegated was that barcode thing we had on that season, totally nothing to do with TC and his rank signings :thumbs2

That promo shot of Gregg 'Tiny Heid' Wylde and all those daft tattoos still gives me the fear.

Every year I say let's go for a yin-yang strip, so I'll say it again let's go for a yin-yang stripp!

print_all_over_me_3_t-shirt_yin-yang-t-shirt.jpg&key=daf86c5fff8edb0f30db98a5f58c6ee4c1a806931e3e38e8dad9a4ccb9e8c05f
Won't the matching clown's shoes make it difficult to run? [emoji12]

Nice idea but I think it's the dots that make me think of a clowns costume... and we've had more than our fair share of clowns in our shirts in recent years! [emoji23]

3 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

That's only half of the story.

Just  looking at this and it reminds me, I actually have Tony Fitz's red Umbro Aaway top, No4 on the back from 78/79 (i think, way before I was even born) and a few years back, my father in law met him and got him to sign it. Absolute cracking top, massive collar on in too.

I will try post a pic at some point, but a nice bit of saints history.

18 hours ago, smcc said:

This still my favourite(and it was made of cotton).

image.png.5820106ba8c359532557e90948a28659.png

Edited by spankin_panda

I have not been overly impressed y the quality of our kit and teamwear in recent years. I don’t understand why we haven’t thought about going down the route of what Dundee United or Hamilton do with Nike and Adidas? It would be top quality have street cred and sell much more. 
Having Nike or Adidas or someone like that doesn't guarantee better quality, but likely to command a higher price. Most of Newcastle United's Puma tops have been iffy quality wise- and a big gripe for a lot of their fans is the club crest is a colour faded, cheap looking patch. I personally liked the Humel tops we had a few years back and the 2013 Home top was a belter. If suggesting another kit supplier, couldn't the club approach Canterbury. Have used there kit when played rugby and always seemed good quality and durable

Why don't we return to our routes and turn out in a nice beige strip with knee length shorts?  We could even insist that our manager wear a nice three piece suit and a bowler hat.  I shall stop short of insisting on the good old lace up baw.

The only problem with the strip would be the soup stains I am bound to cause, beige and soup, especially tomato soup tends not to go too well with beige.

Yes beige, beige indeed 

BREAKING NEWS

Hearing that we are in exclusive discussions with a university and sports kit manufacturer,  -  hush hush. Their strips are virtually frictionless, and have a cooling effect when players are overheating but keep players warm when the air temperature falls below 10 degrees. Initial tests show that over 90 minutes in a game, players will perform on average 10 - 12 % better, and be able to move through the air faster than with any other manufacturers kit.

They are also working on football boots which offer superior accuracy and power. Though still at the advanced trial stage, it is expected from results so far that on average players will score 30 % more goals and passing accuracy will improve by around 25% with their boots.

There is no telling yet how huge an improvement it might be having both for next season - well done the BOD for pursuing this...

Tony confidentially told me "that this is what we are looking for. This could help us to win the league next season or the one after." :D

Just to let you know, I said to him, "you'd better get the fans to chose the style, colour, width of stripes etc. to keep them happy."   :magic

I also suggested, "Please sign some better players too, think of the added advantage that will bring." He left our meeting on a high . . .   :turtle

8 minutes ago, shetland said:

Have a Change Strip incase of a colour clash. 

I'd have red and blue hoops as in our very first kit.

However not royal blue and scarlet like the 130th anniversary kit which looked horrendous.

Something more akin to Newcastle Utd's change kit for this season.

6 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

BREAKING NEWS

Hearing that we are in exclusive discussions with a university and sports kit manufacturer,  -  hush hush. Their strips are virtually frictionless, and have a cooling effect when players are overheating but keep players warm when the air temperature falls below 10 degrees. Initial tests show that over 90 minutes in a game, players will perform on average 10 - 12 % better, and be able to move through the air faster than with any other manufacturers kit.

They are also working on football boots which offer superior accuracy and power. Though still at the advanced trial stage, it is expected from results so far that on average players will score 30 % more goals and passing accuracy will improve by around 25% with their boots.

There is no telling yet how huge an improvement it might be having both for next season - well done the BOD for pursuing this...

I can't believe football clubs could fall for such absolute nonsense. 🤣