Our Strip. What Next?

• 2 weeks later...

I was VERY close to awarding a "LIKE" to the OP, because there is so much that I agree with ............. but (sorry) I still favour black socks  !!! Just my choice TBH.

I prefer red socks for the kit.

I coach a youth team, away kit is the managers choice. Influence is quite subtle [emoji16]20190512_215021.jpeg

I would have preferred our new Kit to have been out around Easter, but it wasn't to be.

We have really missed a trick now.

How many Tops could we have sold in the lead up to the Play Off Final ?

The weather is more than decent and I believe there would have a great demand for the fans to buy and wear them on Thursday & Sunday,

If only the Shop had been open yesterday to sell them. :)

Business opportunity missed.

On 5/2/2019 at 3:26 PM, Sweeper07 said:

BREAKING NEWS

Hearing that we are in exclusive discussions with a university and sports kit manufacturer,  -  hush hush. Their strips are virtually frictionless, and have a cooling effect when players are overheating but keep players warm when the air temperature falls below 10 degrees. Initial tests show that over 90 minutes in a game, players will perform on average 10 - 12 % better, and be able to move through the air faster than with any other manufacturers kit.

They are also working on football boots which offer superior accuracy and power. Though still at the advanced trial stage, it is expected from results so far that on average players will score 30 % more goals and passing accuracy will improve by around 25% with their boots.

There is no telling yet how huge an improvement it might be having both for next season - well done the BOD for pursuing this...

Tony confidentially told me "that this is what we are looking for. This could help us to win the league next season or the one after." :D

Just to let you know, I said to him, "you'd better get the fans to chose the style, colour, width of stripes etc. to keep them happy."   :magic

I also suggested, "Please sign some better players too, think of the added advantage that will bring." He left our meeting on a high . . .   :turtle

I note this wasn't written on the 1st of April...…………………… Could have been believable under these circumstances! 🤔

1 hour ago, The Original 59er said:

I note this wasn't written on the 1st of April...…………………… Could have been believable under these circumstances! 🤔

I was only trying to be light-hearted in the midst of various views of our strip while still in the pressures of the play-offs. Yes it would have been far more appropriate on Aprils fools morning . . .:cheers

A purple change Strip would be fine as long as it's only worn when there is a clash of colours like when we play Dunfermline in the League Cup. 

Our famous black and white stripes must be worn in every home and away match, if possible. 

• 2 weeks later...
Will be revealed tomorrow apparently.

Im going all out and predicting black and white stripes for the home kit.

Which will not be available for ages, kids kits will be limited to limited age groups , with the club as usual unable to get the numbers & letters for those wishing for kit printed

That’s before we mention the quality

That’s the normal scenario

Not expected anything different

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

I’m expecting a solid back in either white or black as sadly there have been complaints about people reading the players names. Boo.

The only way Pat Bonner would be able to recognise our players is if we put them in green and white hoops.

Guest TPAFKATS
I’m expecting a solid back in either white or black as sadly there have been complaints about people reading the players names. Boo.
I struggled a bit with the names last season. Says more about my eyesight though.
Oh and the amount of players we turned over made it difficult to know/remember the players numbers [emoji3]

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:45 PM, shull said:

A purple change Strip would be fine as long as it's only worn when there is a clash of colours like when we play Dunfermline in the League Cup. 

Our famous black and white stripes must be worn in every home and away match, if possible. 

Or if the home strip is in the wash.