Our Strip. What Next?

1 hour ago, shull said:

Alan Wardrop and his fellow Board Members designed our new Black and White Top. 

Alan apparently loves it. 

Why don't they all hold a Press Conference and apologise for the monstrosity they put on show yesterday? 

Then bin the strips and bring out a St Mirren one. 

Aint Karma a bitch!

"new strip designing board member rushed to hospital after severe chafing incident in training kit" oooh that sounds painful! Rub of the balls at 1:00 min mark!

Edited by Lord Pityme

3 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Alan Wardrop was on the committee put together by the old board   for the Fans Council that approved Mr Rae as manager and on the St Mirren board that approved Alan Stubs

Take it you dont like Alan. By committee you mean more than one person voted ? 

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

So this strip is regarded by most as an all time classic:

download.jpg.0b5fb447292087e084e631e61a6e0101.jpg

But today's kit - which is largely along this design....is horrendous? :lol: 

different collar, different sleeves, different size stripes, no horizontal band, different badge, different makers logo-yeh the similarities to this year's effort are startling.

I have only really seen people expressing a view or having a wee joke so I don't understand the mocking or mentions of meltdown.  Seems we've yet again arrived at a position where any opinion that is not unwaveringly positive and supportive regarding EVERYTHING to do with St Mirren is to be derided

different collar, different sleeves, different size stripes, no horizontal band, different badge, different makers logo-yeh the similarities to this year's effort are startling.
I have only really seen people expressing a view or having a wee joke so I don't understand the mocking or mentions of meltdown.  Seems we've yet again arrived at a position where any opinion that is not unwaveringly positive and supportive regarding EVERYTHING to do with St Mirren is to be derided

Lol geez some are taking this a bit more seriously that I thought even down to the measurement of the stripes.

As long as there is no meltdowns though we are ok

43 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Lol geez some are taking this a bit more seriously that I thought even down to the measurement of the stripes.

As long as there is are no meltdowns though we are ok

My approach was to highlight someone using an example selectively, spuriously and out of context to support their point

then you went and did the same with my point-which was VERY light hearted.

5 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I like both strips. The home is Juvesque and most would agee its a quality top. Put St Mirren in a similar strip and as usual our fans slag it off. No matter what is picked there will be the usual backlash and putting it down. 

Put St Mirren in a St Mirren Top like the one in 2012 /2013 and there will be mostly acceptance and praise and definitely no backlash or meltdowns. 

It really is very simple. 

It is absolutely amazing what got churned out yesterday considering all members of the DESIGN COMMITTEE are St Mirren Supporters. 

Are they trolling us ? 

Imagine getting upset at people blowing off a bit of steam over a pretty horrible looking kit. 🤣
FTOF and others - calm down FFS. People are giving their opinion. We are not talking about blood in the street. 
People will move onto something else in a few days. 
Honestly, what a collection of drama queens. 🤣

Why would I not be calm? This great entertainment. [emoji1]

1 minute ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I believe there are threads regarding signings.  This one concerns the strip.

Technically, my response was to validate the point that the players 'wearing the strips' are more important than the strips themselves....... 

However, sorry this upset you. 

Sorry to say it, but both kits are shite. Was hoping we would get our stripe back, but instead got yet another piss poor effort that must have taken the design department at Joma all of 3 seconds to come up with- and they have forgotten about the back of the home shirt

I imagine we will come in for a pile of laughing and finger pointing for that.

The lunatics have taken over the strip committee.

When we have been relegated in the past, it is usually accompanied by a shite strip. This absolutely REEKS of a Relegation strip... unfortunately.

They're both run of the mill football strips.

No worse nor no better than the strips of our opposition.

Showed them to a few folk at work , who support other teams, and the only negative comment was regarding the height of the sponsor's logo on the away strip.

Amazing what a lack of attachment to the club does for an observation.:)

When we have been relegated in the past, it is usually accompanied by a shite strip. This absolutely REEKS of a Relegation strip... unfortunately.

You absolutely reek a shite

Elvis has just entered the room....

15 hours ago, Vambo57 said:

I get where you are going with this.... 2014/5's kit was a shiter, however, I think these actually (going by twitter and social media mainly) a lot of satisfaction for these kits.

Therefore, I plump for it looking like a 10th Place kit, so we are gonnae be ok!  :thumbs2

Got to say, the season past's away kit was a cracker and sad to see it go. Red away kits are a favorite of mine (particularly some of the AC milan style ones).

The strips are imo garbage.

However when the likes of MUFC, NUFC, Citeh, LUFC etc. etc. can come up with absolute honkers, why get upset with our latest dalliance in bespoke kit design

Primarily its a sponsors logo that detracts hugely from what could in some instances be decent enough kit. Its just annoying that SMFC cannot stick to classic lines  stripes and avoid these own goals in marketing land.

Its a NO from me,  but others will buy and cherish the strip.

I'll ignore the kits by and large when we are playing a high tempo pressing game, scoring some goals and winning some games.

19 hours ago, Deekthebuddie said:

Sorry to say it, but both kits are shite. Was hoping we would get our stripe back, but instead got yet another piss poor effort that must have taken the design department at Joma all of 3 seconds to come up with- and they have forgotten about the back of the home shirt

Last season strip was partick thistle old strip from previous season template, and this season is Swansea old strip from season  before, add 2 stripes, which is lazy on or side, but they still charging top prices for old clobber,cost me £44 for 4 year old top,fukin scandoulous, they must be getting old tops out last season joma catalogue for a about £7 max