Our Strip. What Next?

2 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

Last season strip was partick thistle old strip from previous season template, and this season is Swansea old strip from season  before, add 2 stripes, which is lazy on or side, but they still charging top prices for old clobber,cost me £44 for 4 year old top,fukin scandoulous, they must be getting old tops out last season joma catalogue for a about £7 max

If I wear a top which is not often to the football it's an old top with proper stripes what St Mirren are known for our identity if you like. 

13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If I wear a top which is not often to the football it's an old top with proper stripes what St Mirren are known for our identity if you like. 

I would only wear the one in the avatar - the best ever with black round collar, full stripes, black pants and white socks And the traditional badge

A corker modeled by Ally (scored 4 at Ipox) McLeod

Ally.jpg

Guest TPAFKATS
I imagine we will come in for a pile of laughing and finger pointing for that.
The lunatics have taken over the strip committee.
When we have been relegated in the past, it is usually accompanied by a shite strip. This absolutely REEKS of a Relegation strip... unfortunately.
Meltdown

21 hours ago, Deekthebuddie said:

Sorry to say it, but both kits are shite. Was hoping we would get our stripe back, but instead got yet another piss poor effort that must have taken the design department at Joma all of 3 seconds to come up with- and they have forgotten about the back of the home shirt

This says it all as far as I'm concerned.

5 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

I get where you are going with this.... 2014/5's kit was a shiter, however, I think these actually (going by twitter and social media mainly) a lot of satisfaction for these kits.

Therefore, I plump for it looking like a 10th Place kit, so we are gonnae be ok!  :thumbs2

Got to say, the season past's away kit was a cracker and sad to see it go. Red away kits are a favorite of mine (particularly some of the AC milan style ones).

I hope you are right Bud.

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
20 hours ago, Vambo57 said:
I imagine we will come in for a pile of laughing and finger pointing for that.
The lunatics have taken over the strip committee.
When we have been relegated in the past, it is usually accompanied by a shite strip. This absolutely REEKS of a Relegation strip... unfortunately.

Meltdown

Hardly. Just stating my opinion Bud.

36 minutes ago, magnus said:

I would take that and change the badge to our new black and white one - sorted.

1 hour ago, shull said:

What an absolutely brilliant football strip. 

No fecking messing about. 

FB_IMG_1560533076961.jpg.f9e1c5c09cd81f4f1f781f73ec3881d9.jpg

How hard is it shull to make a decent, traditional strip?minutes, just look old pictures of good strips we had in the past and copy,rather than take weeks to think up some absolute fuk ups,as a said before, every season ask for fans to send in idea's,then narrow it down to 3 and let fans vote,not that walloper from the board and his fashion brigade pals decide,again they have fuked up but they think they have done great,unbelievable 

How hard is it shull to make a decent, traditional strip?minutes, just look old pictures of good strips we had in the past and copy,rather than take weeks to think up some absolute fuk ups,as a said before, every season ask for fans to send in idea's,then narrow it down to 3 and let fans vote,not that walloper from the board and his fashion brigade pals decide,again they have fuked up but they think they have done great,unbelievable 

What kid wants an old fashioned top they are the most likely to actually wear the strips to have one similar to juves kit is great and well done for the club.

A lot of old buggers need to stop their crying about tops they would never buy anyway

Yes the old strips ( many of them) were great but this isn’t nineteen f**king fifty !! Times change , fashions and fabrics come and go. I’m sure if the club did do a copy of any of the wonderful strips mentioned there would be the same folk complaining that the material used isn’t what we had “when I were a lad ! “. I don’t like the new strip , it may well grow on me but I really like the away one and I’m sure it will be a great success.
Who knows , in forty years time, mibbee folk will be demanding that the club bring out a strip the same as our 2019-20 cup winning away strip .

3 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

What kid wants an old fashioned top they are the most likely to actually wear the strips to have one similar to juves kit is great and well done for the club.

A lot of old buggers need to stop their crying about tops they would never buy anyway

Forever 2XL 

3 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

It's not about an 'old' or 'new' strip, it's about IDENTITY. - what people recognized as a St Mirren strip.  If the club can't come back to ask  the fans their opinion on something as basic as this then the concept  of community club is a facade.

It's not about an 'old' or 'new' strip, it's about IDENTITY. - what people recognized as a St Mirren strip.  If the club can't come back to ask  the fans their opinion on something as basic as this then the concept  of community club is a facade.

Get a grip of yourself feck sake identity lol

It’s a st Mirren kit that a lot of st Mirren fans are happy with and the kids more importantly will love it.

On 6/12/2019 at 9:42 PM, djchapsticks said:

So this strip is regarded by most as an all time classic:

download.jpg.0b5fb447292087e084e631e61a6e0101.jpg

But today's kit - which is largely along this design....is horrendous? :lol: 

It is "largely along that design" in as much as it is also t-shirt. Just shows you Adidas have got their moneys worth from their designers over the years. It's all in the details.

Those saying "its just a strip ffs" would do well to remember the sole reason we were relegated last time round was solely and entirely due to the car crash of a strip with the illuminous yellow touches that nobody could even fit over their heid. Or maybe that was just symbolic of the lack of interest in running the club at the time... 

To be honest, it is an improvement on last seasons. I suppose the reason grown men get so worked up about a shirt is just simply the hope each year we might go back to the traditional black & white stripes we all fell in love with at some point in our youth. It wouldn't be that difficult, would it?

44 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Why are you swearing?

He always swears. Heavy duty jobbie mooth.

Loves to abuse St Mirren supporters who dont agree with his wisdom. :lol:

8 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Being a community club has nothing to do with fans choosing a strip.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

It is "largely along that design" in as much as it is also t-shirt. Just shows you Adidas have got their moneys worth from their designers over the years. It's all in the details.

Those saying "its just a strip ffs" would do well to remember the sole reason we were relegated last time round was solely and entirely due to the car crash of a strip with the illuminous yellow touches that nobody could even fit over their heid. Or maybe that was just symbolic of the lack of interest in running the club at the time... 

To be honest, it is an improvement on last seasons. I suppose the reason grown men get so worked up about a shirt is just simply the hope each year we might go back to the traditional black & white stripes we all fell in love with at some point in our youth. It wouldn't be that difficult, would it?

Really?

It was entirely due to the appointment of Tommy Craig and the shite signings that he made.

Anyway, it's a moot point. The season's strips a nowhere near as poor as that season's efforts.