Our Strip. What Next?

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Being a community club has nothing to do with fans choosing a strip.

Why not?

Community is defined by the Oxford dictionary as, 'A group of people living together and practising common ownership'.  It is simply getting people involved in the interaction of St Mirren FC.  It doesn't cost the club money to get the opinion of fans of the design of the strip.  'One for all and all for one'.  The more fans are invited to participate the stronger the club becomes.

2 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Why not?

Community is defined by the Oxford dictionary as, 'A group of people living together and practising common ownership'.  It is simply getting people involved in the interaction of St Mirren FC.  It doesn't cost the club money to get the opinion of fans of the design of the strip.  'One for all and all for one'.  The more fans are invited to participate the stronger the club becomes.

What's the Oxford dictionaries definition of a community football club? That's what we're talking about here not the definition of one word.

If you can find anything in here that indicates that fans choosing strips are part of a community club, as defined by the organisation that are our governing body, then I'll stand corrected.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/2287/developing-community-clubs-support-directory.pdf

Edited by FTOF

Like many others it would be nice to go back to a simple design that has a classic but modern look to it. The sponsors badge on the home kit is what makes that kit so hard to look at. I know it’s only a strip but can’t we get a classic kit say 93/94 jive style with clanford and give it a modern twist in that it has good material a smart collar etc. I mean come on who ever designed this is taking the pash. It’s bog standard of the peg and as I have said before it would be fine if it was decent which it’s not. The away kit on its own is horrendous but with black shorts and socks it could look ok. Sadly I won’t be buying either and to be honest the joma range is pretty average and widely available online minus the badge at a fraction of the cost. Ayr and Hamilton have Adidas off the peg and I’d take that anyday over this drivel

What kid wants an old fashioned top they are the most likely to actually wear the strips to have one similar to juves kit is great and well done for the club.

A lot of old buggers need to stop their crying about tops they would never buy anyway

I did buy it and still wear it

3 minutes ago, pod said:

The more fans that turn up and fill seats, the stronger the club will become.

Not if the Club waste the income, like last season. 

A Club from Ibrox filled their Stadium every home match. 

They died. 

31 minutes ago, pod said:

Greed destroyed them.

Mismanagement nearly destroyed us last season and wasted our Season Ticket money. 

They won't waste mine or any of my money next season. 

On 6/14/2019 at 8:21 PM, paul torfason said:

How hard is it shull to make a decent, traditional strip?minutes, just look old pictures of good strips we had in the past and copy,rather than take weeks to think up some absolute fuk ups,as a said before, every season ask for fans to send in idea's,then narrow it down to 3 and let fans vote,not that walloper from the board and his fashion brigade pals decide,again they have fuked up but they think they have done great,unbelievable 

That walloper from the board is a very real danger - he's responsible for the family stand being sold to OF scum without consulting the ST holders who sat there, also responsible for the barcode strip and the limited access fans bar. I suspect he is also responsible for the seat allocation at the last game - funny how all the seats (usually occupied by ST holders) near the hospitality suite were the first to be snapped up when a "glitch" on the ticketing site meant anyone could buy any seat they wanted, but "luckily" it meant more money could be made from selling hospitality packages, somebody reserved all those seats as soon as they went on sale. He will trample over anyone if he thinks he can make a quick buck.

3 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

That walloper from the board is a very real danger - he's responsible for the family stand being sold to OF scum without consulting the ST holders who sat there, also responsible for the barcode strip and the limited access fans bar. I suspect he is also responsible for the seat allocation at the last game - funny how all the seats (usually occupied by ST holders) near the hospitality suite were the first to be snapped up when a "glitch" on the ticketing site meant anyone could buy any seat they wanted, but "luckily" it meant more money could be made from selling hospitality packages, somebody reserved all those seats as soon as they went on sale. He will trample over anyone if he thinks he can make a quick buck.

😂 The absolute state of this 

On 6/13/2019 at 9:42 AM, shull said:

Alan Wardrop and his fellow Board Members designed our new Black and White Top. 

Alan apparently loves it. 

Why don't they all hold a Press Conference and apologise for the monstrosity they put on show yesterday? 

Then bin the strips and bring out a St Mirren one. 

Unforunately Alan will not listen to anyone.