Our Strip. What Next?

On 6/19/2019 at 12:45 PM, div said:

New strips are MUCH better in person. The photos don't really do them justice, home one is an absolute belter and the away one is tremendous too!

Can you get lettering and numbers printed there and then at the shop?

How much roughly, as was going to get the wee fellas done.

Our present top must be one of the worst ever. Whoever picked that for St Mirren should be ashamed. That is not us. 

To remedy it, bring out a special Third Top to wear in as many games as possible.

That new Top could be a modern replica of the 1959 Cup Winning jersey and could celebrate the 60th Anniversary of that great victory. 

Get it sortit now Gordon and Tony. 

You know I talk sense. 

The new strip is poor. I have seen it up close in real life and it’s still v poor. It’s a stupid idea to have a two stripes and a sponsor making it look ridiculous. The away top is shocking and clearly targeted at kids which is fair enough. I’d just like a regular black and white kit like the 2013 one maybe with a collar and made by a decent manufacturer. No harm to Joma but the gear is second  rate compared to Adidas, Nike and Macron. It’s also available at half the price from most online kit stockists. Anyhow I haven’t bought a kit since the 2013 but would if we got a cracker . Please next year off the peg Adidas with our badge and sponsor. 

10 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

The new strip is poor. I have seen it up close in real life and it’s still v poor. It’s a stupid idea to have a two stripes and a sponsor making it look ridiculous. The away top is shocking and clearly targeted at kids which is fair enough. I’d just like a regular black and white kit like the 2013 one maybe with a collar and made by a decent manufacturer. No harm to Joma but the gear is second  rate compared to Adidas, Nike and Macron. It’s also available at half the price from most online kit stockists. Anyhow I haven’t bought a kit since the 2013 but would if we got a cracker . Please next year off the peg Adidas with our badge and sponsor. 

Have a look at what 'off the peg Adidas' provide for Accies. They're equally as bad as Joma.

Macron is the way forward. They produce some cracking kits and actually seem to put a bit of effort into design.

2 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Have a look at what 'off the peg Adidas' provide for Accies. They're equally as bad as Joma.

Macron is the way forward. They produce some cracking kits and actually seem to put a bit of effort into design.

Macron are indeed good but I suspect if we got an Adidas kit again and training gear with the club badge it would put sell anything. What is clear tho is that Joma have been quite poor but as we know it’s only a kit

15 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Macron are indeed good but I suspect if we got an Adidas kit again and training gear with the club badge it would put sell anything. What is clear tho is that Joma have been quite poor but as we know it’s only a kit

The one thing that would be good if we managed to strike a deal with Adidas (not off the peg versions) is that they/we would now have the rights to reproduce versuibs of kits from our previous times with Adidas. That would be a tidy bit of business and they'd fly off the shelves. Needs to be the old badge though! 

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:
On 7/16/2019 at 2:46 PM, cockles1987 said:
Cannie have a black collar with white cuffs. emoji14.png

Do "cuffs" not have to be, by definition, round the wrist?

No. You can have them around your ankles as well.

If you are feeling adventurous you can even have "cuff up" from ankle to wrist on both sides.

Make sure you trust your friends before agreeing to this though.

I won't make that mistake again.

5 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Does that not breach the regulations on advertising dimensions on a strip?

Surely this is a piss take.

They wore it for a friendly at the start of the week but the FA have asked them for a chat about it.

Edited by HSS

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Have the club given up on their white shorts?  We played on Sunday with black shorts and the Colts played in black shorts against Dumbarton who also wore black.🙁

Ermmmmmmmmmmmm, they were white just run out of Persil.   🤣

Have the club given up on their white shorts?  We played on Sunday with black shorts and the Colts played in black shorts against Dumbarton who also wore black.[emoji853]

I genuinely think the players just prefer playing in black shorts

Same thing happened last season - full kit was meant to be white shirts but more often than not we wore black

1 hour ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Have the club given up on their white shorts?  We played on Sunday with black shorts and the Colts played in black shorts against Dumbarton who also wore black.🙁

With black shorts you get two wears out of them before you have to wash them.  :whistle