Sign in to follow this  
Isle Of Bute Saint

Welcome Back Lee Hodson

14 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Good addition to the squad for the final run in.

I'm sure Lee will be looking to secure a deal come the end of the season so will give it his all. At 27 he is a good age.

Lee will have options come the summer. Killie might call but you are right, he is a good player - could we keep him?

I guess it depends on him and whether Gus/Oran have other targets, and dare I say whether we stay up or not.   :spud7

But great he is back and fit for the run in as you say.  :happyclapper

A player i feel who has been very underrated. Great to have him back. He is playing for a contract away from Ibrox now and I would imagine we would be in a good position to hold on to him if he wants to stay in Scotland and if we wish to keep him on.

Alert....   very below average attention seeking poster above . . . :bounce2

Lee is a Premiership standard RB (bottom 6) and can do a decent defensive job in the midfield. (Wouldn't surprise me if the Fakes or Ross County offer him a deal)

He will be on much bigger Sevco money, but because of his injury, getting a contract will be a little more difficult and if he stays in Scotland it will be much lower pay than his current deal.

P.McGinn is already signed, so the options for RB cover are :-

(a) re-sign Corbu or Hodson, not both   OR

(b) neither and target someone else.

I think we could do with someone who can cross better, attack better and be more direct. Goes without saying he would need to be a better all round defender too. For me Hodson and Corbu can definitely do a job, but if we could sign better, who wouldn't go for that? Over to you Gus and Oran to decide...