Welcome Back Lee Hodson

14 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Good addition to the squad for the final run in.

I'm sure Lee will be looking to secure a deal come the end of the season so will give it his all. At 27 he is a good age.

Lee will have options come the summer. Killie might call but you are right, he is a good player - could we keep him?

I guess it depends on him and whether Gus/Oran have other targets, and dare I say whether we stay up or not.   :spud7

But great he is back and fit for the run in as you say.  :happyclapper

Alert....   very below average attention seeking poster above . . . :bounce2

Lee is a Premiership standard RB (bottom 6) and can do a decent defensive job in the midfield. (Wouldn't surprise me if the Fakes or Ross County offer him a deal)

He will be on much bigger Sevco money, but because of his injury, getting a contract will be a little more difficult and if he stays in Scotland it will be much lower pay than his current deal.

P.McGinn is already signed, so the options for RB cover are :-

(a) re-sign Corbu or Hodson, not both   OR

(b) neither and target someone else.

I think we could do with someone who can cross better, attack better and be more direct. Goes without saying he would need to be a better all round defender too. For me Hodson and Corbu can definitely do a job, but if we could sign better, who wouldn't go for that? Over to you Gus and Oran to decide...

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, John Gotti said:

Just watched his interview on Buddievision. Comes across as a really good lad and someone who genuinely cares about the club.

He is in the hunt for a new contract and Oran rates him. Whether he gets better offers than we can give is the main issue. He is a decent pro and it is great to have him back fit.

He may play a role in midfield today . . . :bounce4

Guest TPAFKATS

I wish him well but hope he's not here next season. We need better IMO.
Don't see the likes of St. Johnstone signing him as he's neither tall enough or wide enough.

17 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I wish him well but hope he's not here next season. We need better IMO.
Don't see the likes of St. Johnstone signing him as he's neither tall enough or wide enough.

It is his versatility and energy  that goes in his favour, but like you I suspect the Fakes might not be in for them - but there was a rumour they were losing their FB to the Dons possibly?

I think Ross County will definitely be interested, Motherwell also might lose their RB and go in for him. Otherwise English clubs are a real possibility.

Time will tell but Oran does rate him highly . . .

• 1 month later...

As much as he'd have been a useful signing, I'm hoping that we don't sign too many of the players that we ended the season with.

As much as we improved, we need to be much better next season, so we need better players.

Not particularly bothered that Hodson hasn't joined us, especially if he was going to played as left back.

19 minutes ago, FTOF said:

As much as he'd have been a useful signing, I'm hoping that we don't sign too many of the players that we ended the season with.

As much as we improved, we need to be much better next season, so we need better players.

Not particularly bothered that Hodson hasn't joined us, especially if he was going to played as left back.

Did you forget our return after the players settled? Second best points total for the last 13 games. That squad of players were excellent once they got to know each other. Who knows where we would have been had they been recruited  pre-season.

Most will not return so we move on. Hopefully we manage to  get 2 out of the 3 we mentioned. Muzek and Popescu. Getting a fit Dreyer back would be a plus too.

Did you forget our return after the players settled? Second best points total for the last 13 games. That squad of players were excellent once they got to know each other. Who knows where we would have been had they been recruited  pre-season.
Most will not return so we move on. Hopefully we manage to  get 2 out of the 3 we mentioned. Muzek and Popescu. Getting a fit Dreyer back would be a plus too.
20 points from the last 13 league games was 2nd best in the division, really ?

We hardly took a point from any team top 6 all season. We need better players than the squad that finished the season. The clamour to resign basically everyone is overly sentimental pish.

11 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Nope.

If we had been a really good team, we would have had a much easier passage to safety against a pretty poor Dundee United team in the playoff games.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

20 points from the last 13 league games was 2nd best in the division, really ?

We hardly took a point from any team top 6 all season. We need better players than the squad that finished the season. The clamour to resign basically everyone is overly sentimental pish.

Don't think it's a clamour to resign everyone. But it's folly to suggest that the players we signed, by and large never improved us, so at least some should return.

McAllister, Popescu and Dreyer would add to the squad quality. It's highly unlikely all 3, or even 2 of these will return (Popescu with his fee and Brighton may try Dreyer at another English club around Championship or League One level) but lets throw it out there and see who comes back as the core of the squad do have that understanding and rapport if these guys return..

Hodson brought versatility and cover for a number of positions as well. It was no surprise we tried to get him back.

Jordan Holmes as a backup will likely not command a massive wage  - he also loves it here and has a very good rapport with Hladky (from his own mouth), was well thought of by those within the club (as per Jamie Langfield's tweets) and is a current youth internationalist - pretty much ticks all the boxes for a young backup keeper for me.

Any way - Farewell to Hodson - it is no surprise - he was on much bigger money at Sevco, so we could not offer anything that would not seem a bit insulting. He also is a natural RB and with Paul in the team there that also does not help.  Played really well for us in most appearances and was a star in our last games...

All the best to him and come on the management - find an even better replacement too please!

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Don't think it's a clamour to resign everyone. But it's folly to suggest that the players we signed, by and large never improved us, so at least some should return.

McAllister, Popescu and Dreyer would add to the squad quality. It's highly unlikely all 3, or even 2 of these will return (Popescu with his fee and Brighton may try Dreyer at another English club around Championship or League One level) but lets throw it out there and see who comes back as the core of the squad do have that understanding and rapport if these guys return..

Hodson brought versatility and cover for a number of positions as well. It was no surprise we tried to get him back.

Jordan Holmes as a backup will likely not command a massive wage  - he also loves it here and has a very good rapport with Hladky (from his own mouth), was well thought of by those within the club (as per Jamie Langfield's tweets) and is a current youth internationalist - pretty much ticks all the boxes for a young backup keeper for me.

He may well not be our back up keeper . . . will Hladky be here come August?

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I don't see anyone suggesting that we didn't improve.

Considering just how shite we were before January, it would have been difficult not to show an improvement.

There a few players I'd like to see re-signed, but Hodson wasn't at the top of my list.

Just now, Sweeper07 said:

He may well not be our back up keeper . . . will Hladky be here come August?

Who knows? We shouldn't be planning for the season looking for a Hladky replacement. He's under contract so if any bids come for him, then you start to think about replacements.

At present we only need a new backup goalie and Holmes is as good a choice as any.