And They Say Money Doesn't Bring Happiness......

HSS

43 minutes ago, antrin said:

One thing I’d likely do with excess dosh, is help ensure the future of Coats Memorial Kirk.

The most beautiful building I’ve ever known, built in Paisley, by Buddies.

Was reading they are trying to turn that into a venue. It must be saved given the architecture and history behind Coats. 

12 hours ago, oaksoft said:

£160 million? I would invest it properly and use the interest to solve some big real world problems. Not many get the chance to genunely do that.

Bet you The Rangers could spend it in a one month then raise another share issue for the following months spend. Now that is a black hole:booty

Guest TPAFKATS
I do, but Ta.   [emoji4]
Any Buddie else, who disnae know, should have a keek.
Especially if you're not short of a few bob and like lovely buildings to be kept in use and for enjoyment by fellow-humans.
It's a noble cause, however the target is 1.5 million which looks completely unachievable.
It needs either a very rich individual, or group of, or state intervention.

Where's that twat Butler?

I was looking at coats last week, it is a beautiful building but very impractical, almost impossible to get any natural light in the place.i can only really see it as a church or a nightclub, maybe a venue like Oran Mor, but any of these would be cheaper and more practical to build from scratch, it's a prime example but the long slow death of religious adherence will throw up hundreds of lovely but useless buildings.