St Mirren v Hamilton Mon 13th May

A wee bit away me and my mate have booked into the Watermill for £30 each which is great value. We had such a blast in Paisley at the Celtic game he wants to comeback and support St Mirren. Let's see what the forth coming games bring this might be a formality :D For sure it will be a blast again as I'm off on the Tuesday. 

Lol my mate booked the Watermill through booking.com silly bugger booked the 10th rather than the 13th.. Would not change dates now the 13th is £50. Would not even let us pay the difference. Not going to give them my custom. We are now booked in to the Gleniffer. 

38 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Lol my mate booked the Watermill through booking.com silly bugger booked the 10th rather than the 13th.. Would not change dates now the 13th is £50. Would not even let us pay the difference. Not going to give them my custom. We are now booked in to the Gleniffer. 

Worth writing to their manager and letting him know that, this sort of customer service will mean that you will never return again UNLESS you are given a full refund OR the flexibility to move your booking to a future date... If you have previous dates you have stayed there you can add that in too...

It would be stupid of them to ignore a letter like that... knowing that it will cost them future business        :spud7

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I would challenge this legally  Ian. You haven't used the room and have given sufficient notice. There are no reasons the hotel couldn't change the date. Talk to Consumer Rights (CAB) to establish your rights.

I phoned booking.com who said money goes straight to the hotel. Phoned hotel they tell me it's booking.com problem. Just cut our losses told the Watermill I won't stay again. Also told them we had five staying for the Celtic game. There lose. 
Shocking. I can't believe that the hotel management haven't stepped in to sort this out. Look at the bad publicity they're getting on here. This forum may not have a huge audience but bad news spreads fast. And mud sticks.

On 4/17/2019 at 11:18 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Shocking they're refusing to change it. Had one similar before where my travel plans changed and although it's technically in their t's and c's that you can't change the booking once it's locked in , the booking.com staff usually ask the hotel manager if they're happy to change it for you - and they usually do. 

I'd write to the hotel management and explain what happened - pretty sure it's a Milton hotel so maybe even send them a tweet and tag a few St Mirren pages. They won't want the bad publicity

3 hours ago, thepaisleypanda said:

Not shocking at all! The reason you get it a basement price is cos it is unchangeable!

You want flexibility? You have to pay £20 extra!

Think about the last time you booked a Ryanair fight for under a fiver! Equivalent BA flight would have been £150 

I think your rush to have an argument here you have misread the post. They've offered to pay the 20 quid difference. Hotel have refused and want to keep the money for the original booking and 50 quid to book on the Monday.

It has nothing to do with Ryanair, it is a hotel booking and 99% of the time hotels and even AirBnBs are happy to change dates if you have made a mistake when booking.

Low prices are no excuse for pish poor service, as Ryanair themselves have found out while haemorrhaging business to Easyjet.

Of course, this being IOBS he probably has the wrong end of the stick entirely and the Watermill are happy to change the booking :lol:

32 minutes ago, Paisleyporridge said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/hamilton-boss-brian-rice-says-16214968

how about we all sing bus related songs:

we’re all going on a summer holiday?

the wheels on the bus go round and round?

All aboard Brian. Next stop the Championship. 

8 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Need to drop McGinn and Lyons for this, go for a midfield of Magennis, Flynn, Mcallister and would go for Mcpherson if he's fit...

Lyons after today, I actually agree.

McGinn had a half decent game.

Flynn is likely knackered given he hobbled off today after 20 minutes.

At ( this moment ) this game feels a bit of a damp squib probably the realization that the play off is more or less a certainty if so pray it's a home tie first. If we beat Hamilton something we have not done all season I will make the trip to Dundee with one eye on the game and one eye on the phone watching the Hamilton score. The emotional roller coaster that is St Mirren. 

At ( this moment ) this game feels a bit of a damp squib probably the realization that the play off is more or less a certainty if so pray it's a home tie first. If we beat Hamilton something we have not done all season I will make the trip to Dundee with one eye on the game and one eye on the phone watching the Hamilton score. The emotional roller coaster that is St Mirren. 

If we can beat Hamilton we have a good chance of avoiding the playoffs I reckon.

First leg is away. 7:45pm Thursday 23rd.
Second leg home. 3pm Sunday 26th.

Lyons after today, I actually agree.
McGinn had a half decent game.
Flynn is likely knackered given he hobbled off today after 20 minutes.

The extra two day rest will hopefully help Flynn. We miss his experience when he’s not in the team.