St Mirren v Hamilton Mon 13th May

1 hour ago, Spam_Valley said:

Danny's return is 6 goals in 26 appearances. Jackson 6 in 31.

Nazon is a poor footballer and a non existent goal scorer. This is shown by his performances in a St.Mirren strip and OK's picking of Mullen & Jackson over him. So, it would suggest the manager isn't too fond of him either.

Not sure why you're championing picking two bit part strikers in Nazon & Cooke to lead the line in our most important game of the split. 

A ridiculous suggestion tbh and makes no sense.

You do realise you just highlighted how poor a return both Mullen and Jackson have given?

And given Nazon is a current international, was identified and recruited explicitly in January are you suggesting Oran ballsed it up?

on Saturday, yet again Jackson dithered and delayed every time he was played in allowing defenders to outmuscle him, ditto Mullen who thinks if he keeps throwing himself to the floor we will, like the Celtic team when they do it win the league!

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

You do realise you just highlighted how poor a return both Mullen and Jackson have given?

And given Nazon is a current international, was identified and recruited explicitly in January are you suggesting Oran ballsed it up?

on Saturday, yet again Jackson dithered and delayed every time he was played in allowing defenders to outmuscle him, ditto Mullen who thinks if he keeps throwing himself to the floor we will, like the Celtic team when they do it win the league!

Yeah you would play two guys who have one goal all season in place of our two top scorers who have 12 between them... You are back talking about all season rather than the last FIVE games once again - Oh it is funny to watch you jump back and forth...  :boxing

Ever thought about football management - don't for whatever unlikely team's sake please . . . :hammer

Two fairly similar teams stuffy but both lacking a prolific scorer (their top is Miller with 5) - their GD is worse as they racked up a lot of heavy defeats especially towards the end of Canning's tenure but I don't envisage anything other than a close game next Monday. I'd say that since we started to gel in mid-February we've been the better team but form is not going to determine the outcome of next Monday's game. We gave them too much of a start and unfortunately finishing in 10th spot is no longer entirely in our hands.

Both teams should be "up for it" and as I said on P1 we should expect a little bit of timewasting from them so let's get behind the team and hope that we can get the first goal this time - as ever COYS!

PS - Any info on ticket sales for the game?

Edited by Bud the Baker

45 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Well thank god youre nowhere near team selection...................:rolleyes:

Your argueing with yourself as per, LPM  

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

We'll see who starts, and how we fare with that starting lineup?

i would be surprised if he starts with both Hobbits, given they contributed the square root of f-all against Well, and were simply brushed aside. Big call, for a season decider in 90+ minutes!

Will you be on to apologise if either of them make telling contributions?  :hammer  (of course you totally ignored my point on smaller strikers having something worthwhile - these things that don't fit your argument, just get brushed away don't they?)

IT is a big call being a real professional football manager - picking some good players over other good players most weeks. Now that we have more players fit - it is both good and hard too.

I have heard that OK's friend who does hypnotism is coming along this week - a bit like the Irish magician guy - my guess is he will tell them they have just beaten Barcelona and are now playing Ajax or T.H. in the final . . . hope it works a treat... :turtle

I would genuinely change the ball boys for this by using the U16's or at least older kids.  Some of the children at the St Johnstone game seemed to take ages getting the ball back,

Often thought this. Pitch is so open would prefer if we could use multiball.

Not sure if allowed in our league but would suit us.

Edit to add how often the ball is hoofed over our low stands. If everyball boy had a ball, no problem.

5 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Often thought this. Pitch is so open would prefer if we could use multiball.

Not sure if allowed in our league but would suit us.

Edit to add how often the ball is hoofed over our low stands. If everyball boy had a ball, no problem.

Could ask Tony to contact the SFA - oh sorry we are not in the O.F.

Not a bad idea having extra footballs, so that the ball boys could get the game going quicker when the ball goes out of play...  :thumbs2

Mullen and Jackson may be better strikers, with more goals this season than the Duck and Cooke, but if they start on Monday then we need to play the ball to their feet or down the channels for them to run on to. If we're going to continue pumping high balls up front then I'd like to see either Duck or Cooke partner one of them.

15 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Mullen and Jackson may be better strikers, with more goals this season than the Duck and Cooke, but if they start on Monday then we need to play the ball to their feet or down the channels for them to run on to. If we're going to continue pumping high balls up front then I'd like to see either Duck or Cooke partner one of them.

You have a good picture of things. Playing to our strengths is important and Hamilton will set out to stop this.  

Actually, I think if we are going to utilise the Duck, then I might even be tempted to put him on for the 1st 30 minutes along with Mullen.

If the Duck is not better than his usual for us, I would bring on Jackson on after 20 - 30 minutes. I might even save Cooke so that if we need to we could have 3 yes THREE strikers on the park for the last 20-30 minutes or if we are Two goals in front with 20 minutes left OK might be tempted to bring him on and rest Mullen or Jackson for the final match.  

17 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I've also highlighted just how horrific a record Nazon has with us.

I'm not labeling Mullen or Jackson as top level strikers by any stretch but they have given and returned more than Nazon and that is why he barely gets a look in for a start these days.

Yes, i'm saying the well oiled recruitment machine got this one wrong. He's just not very good. A current international by default but lets be honest, Haiti are are around the same level as Feegie Star.

That Mullen diving to win the league line is just ridiculous. Get a grip.

50 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

I'm not labeling Mullen or Jackson as top level strikers by any stretch but they have given and returned more than Nazon and that is why he barely gets a look in for a start these days.

Yes, i'm saying the well oiled recruitment machine got this one wrong. He's just not very good. A current international by default but lets be honest, Haiti are are around the same level as Feegie Star.

I think that is one of his issues - he get's his grip at disaster scenarios that he makes up.

He rates Nazon, just as he did Stubbs - that speaks volumes to me . . .  :cheers

Yeah. I've heard they both sacrifice chickens before a match! :death

Can you show and compare Nazon's "Horrific Record" with that of Mullen & Jackson please. Happy for you to include all 40 league appearances Mullen has made for us so far. Three goals in the Championship, five this season ffs.

18 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Can you show and compare Nazon's "Horrific Record" with that of Mullen & Jackson please. Happy for you to include all 40 league appearances Mullen has made for us so far. Three goals in the Championship, five this season ffs.

I never stated Nazon's record was horrific, but I know what Spam_Valley means. He is not just talking about his lack of goals with us - it is him getting sent off and looking like he is not very fit, cannot control the ball etc..

Of course you are happy to go back two seasons IN THIS INSTANCE because that fits your argument. He arrived only 22 years old, has he not improved over this period?

This season his contribution is :-

Premiership 21 5 0 0 5 1 0 0 26 6

26 appearances and 6 goals  - percentage goals per game  23%

Nazon's season with us - as it is not of interest to us now what he did before he came to us, is :-

10 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 11 2

11 appearances for 2 goals - percentage goals per game  18%

So Nazon's record for us is inferior to Mullens this season - YOU are the one who is slating Mullen - PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT EVIDENCE YOU HAVE FOR SLATING OUR JOINT TOP SCORER and the player with our best scoring % goals per game in the entire squad?  :fire2

Edited by Sweeper07

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Nazon is an total enigmatic guy but is both greedy and not as talented as he believes he is.

He'd not be starting on Monday night for my liking. 

Agreed. There's a footballer in there, but not sure he's the best playing for a team in a relegation battle, not nearly as much of a team player as Jackson or Mullen. Both of them work really hard, and Jackson, for a guy nearing the end of his career, is totally committed, always looks delighted when we score. 

On 5/6/2019 at 7:14 AM, gstretchuk said:
On 5/5/2019 at 2:41 PM, elvis said:

You can write the script for this just now Hamilton will score from another defensive f**k up then sit back and watch us huff and puff for the rest of the game my predicton 1-1 or 1-0 Hamilton

Defo agree..game will be a bore-fest...decided no to bother going and watch on tv...hardly used season ticket this year..3 of us going for indian instead..

Why not go the whole hog and go to India to get it and take Shull, Shetland and the clones with you.  😆

Nazon has zero workrate which is a big issue. He is also hopeless as a lone striker as he cannot jump nor bring others into play. He does look half decent when he has space around him to play into and he can take a man on. The problem there is he does not know when to stop taking people on, runs into trouble, and refuses to pass. A change of attitude and workrate, playing him wider, and some decent coaching may make him a decent player. But none of that will happen before the season ends.

Cody tries hard but still looks way out of his depth and well off the pace. His height is useful for the last 10 mins of a game but overall he looks like a Junior player playing in the Premiership (which he is). Maybe next season he will improve but not before the season ends.

So that leaves us with Jackson and Mullen as the first choice pairing and the only forwards who have scored goals for us. If Danny plays the whistle and stops falling about his contribution would improve. But works hard. Jackson looks a far better player when he is with another striker however he is not a natural goalscorer but we don't have one of these anyway. But at least he chases things down, tracks back and works hard for the team. We may only need one goal to settle this and it does not matter who scores it. Step up Kyle Magennis, Paul McGinn, Gary Mac or whoever, and be a hero.