St Mirren v Hamilton Mon 13th May

5 hours ago, E=Mc2 said:

Shame about that result.

If we beat Hamilton then even a draw for them against St. Johnstone will not be enough for them if we beat Dundee.

Therefore

1. If we beat Hamilton and Dee we gain 6 points.

2. We are currently 4 points behind Hamilton.    SO

3. If they draw their last game - They will end up 1 point behind us given 1 & 2....   :guinness

Edited by Sweeper07

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

Sadly I feel its the play off for us. Just can't see us getting the points and Hamilton losing both games. However I do live in hope. 

Out of our hands anyway..even if we beat Hamilton on Monday if they win following week we are in play-offs......bit of anti-climax to end of season...

6 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Out of our hands anyway..even if we beat Hamilton on Monday if they win following week we are in play-offs......bit of anti-climax to end of season..

😂😂😂😂😂

Got to give you credit for persistence.......”anti-climax”

Potential play offs will be boring.....

A literal must win game for us then.

Read a few people saying we are in good form. Are we? We have won 3 league games out of our 19 since Christmas. Those 3 wins came against 2 opponents; Dundee and Livi. That’s pretty brutal form by any reasonable measure.

Our only win in our last 5 came when Livi got their best player and captain sent off after 15 minutes, and even then we had to come from behind. Granted we have been drawing games recently instead of losing them, but a point is no use to us here.

Despite this hopeless form we actually have a better record against the other 10 teams in the league than Accies do. The reason we are staring down the playoff barrel is Hamilton have our number in the head to heads, and not just this season.

Since August 2014 we’ve played them 8 times. Won 1, drawn 1, lost 6.

Doesn’t exactly fill you with confidence. Of course it’s a funny old game and we may still win, but I think it’s fair to say we probably... won’t. However, if Accies could do us a favour and get their best player sent off after 15 minutes then I’d certainly fancy us.

No point in us even thinking about possible final day permutations until the final whistle blows.

I’ll go for another 1-1 and all aboard the playoff train to Inverness or Dundee on a Thursday night, I can’t wait.

Sadly I feel its the play off for us. Just can't see us getting the points and Hamilton losing both games. However I do live in hope. 

I think the St Johnstone win was significant yesterday. Don’t fancy them to get anything at Hamilton due to 7th being tied up already and could see them giving a runout to fringe players. Hope I’m wrong, but think Accies will win it.
We can only go out and try to win tomorrow and at Dundee on Saturday, which I think we can do, to at least put pressure on Accies. Still think the playoffs are where we’re heading, but stranger things have happened.

34 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

😂😂😂😂😂

Got to give you credit for persistence.......”anti-climax”

Potential play offs will be boring.....

Play-offs of course would be good but this is out of our hands even if we win next two games..all about what Hamilton do last game...

Edited by gstretchuk

16 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

I think the St Johnstone win was significant yesterday. Don’t fancy them to get anything at Hamilton due to 7th being tied up already and could see them giving a runout to fringe players. Hope I’m wrong, but think Accies will win it.
We can only go out and try to win tomorrow and at Dundee on Saturday, which I think we can do, to at least put pressure on Accies. Still think the playoffs are where we’re heading, but stranger things have happened.

The killer for us was not being closer to Accies before the split. Their win at Aberdeen was a boot in the nuts, but we only have ourselves to blame as we squandered a lead at pittodrie.

It all really boils down to the fact that over the course of the season, we've been poor and deserve to be where we are. Also, failing to turn up against Motherwell last week, when we needed a huge performance, was a sickener.

As you say, "stranger things have happened". If we can produce our performance of the season and get a result on Monday, there's the faint hope that a win/draw for us v Dundee, might coincide with Hamilton's bogey team St.J, living up to their reputation and helping us out.

I think we will struggle against Hamilton and might even blow up at Dens.  Just looking at the lack of fight in the team and the hot & cold performances of McAllister-who is our game changer- and a couple of others.

I also happen to think we will prevail in the play-offs.  That being said, I think the Oran experiment has been a failure.  We simply haven't been very good in any game for more than a few bursts.

Hopefully, Gus has been scouting potential head coaches as well as potential player signings as I feel that OK will opt for safety now that he has both his old jobs and a very nice life to go back home to.  In his position, I'd call survival a success and go home saying some things are more important.

59 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I think we will struggle against Hamilton and might even blow up at Dens.  Just looking at the lack of fight in the team and the hot & cold performances of McAllister-who is our game changer- and a couple of others.

I also happen to think we will prevail in the play-offs.  That being said, I think the Oran experiment has been a failure.  We simply haven't been very good in any game for more than a few bursts.

Hopefully, Gus has been scouting potential head coaches as well as potential player signings as I feel that OK will opt for safety now that he has both his old jobs and a very nice life to go back home to.  In his position, I'd call survival a success and go home saying some things are more important.

Is he? 

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

I doubt a part time NI league club could afford the money it would take to get him out his contract unless he h as clauses in it for such a scenario.. 

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Oran is contracted till 2021 would be very surprised if he leaves. I also think it's the play off's for us though there is still an outside chance of 10th we have to go for it. Hope our fans rock the house tomorrow. 

It is easy to see the various things that stand in our way. Winning two games in a row and Hamilton not getting a win against the Fakes - but neither of these two things are beyond the possible ...

No need to give in why it is still possible...

Yes and Yes - rock the house and cheer on our Team... fans deserve to see us beat these smelly bruisers.. :spud6