St Mirren v Hamilton Mon 13th May

Tony is bright and optimistic as ever....and he is right to be so. HAmilton are due a thumping from us.
Tony didn't seem all that confident Oran would be manager next season mind you!
I have to go out view some furniture for my flat tonight but will be back in time for most of the game....
It's FREE furniture mind! good stuff tae. Canna turn that down.
COYS.....it can be a real big night for us.

Too much confidence on here (minus Elvis).

Therefore I will go with Saints 0-2 Accies...we huvny beaten them yet this season.

In reality I’ll actually go 1-1 as we score yet another injury time equaliser, then have a 2nd cleared off the line.

Aye, I’ll settle on 1-1. But the more people confident on here, the less confident I am as we always f**k up on expectation.

Guest TPAFKATS
Tony is bright and optimistic as ever....and he is right to be so. HAmilton are due a thumping from us.
Tony didn't seem all that confident Oran would be manager next season mind you!
I have to go out view some furniture for my flat tonight but will be back in time for most of the game....
It's FREE furniture mind! good stuff tae. Canna turn that down.
COYS.....it can be a real big night for us.

Can the night get any bigger than free furniture [emoji6]

Despite being unbeaten post split think we have played poor in all 3 games but got an Ayr United/ Raith Rovers feeling like 2 years ago and can see a Hamilton Pumping. 

Don't know why but just get that feeling. 

Edited by Ronnie
Mistakes

7 hours ago, DougJamie said:

We could win next 2 and still finish 11th, part of me wished that Well and Fakes had drawn as Fakes already have 7th sewn up, in saying that Dundee are already down. But look at Cardiff Sat ?

End of day , we need a big performance tonight, Accies look better upfront we look better in Midfield and in Goal.

Ladbrokes called it for me when I passed their window, 2-1 Saints which incidently is 15/2

But Man U had OGS, We'll be OK.

20 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

Looks like a 4-4-2... Don't think that really suits anyone that's playing. Two wide players that aren't really wingers, an immobile midfield and two small strikers.

I hope I'm massively wrong.

I’m worried at that line up too. Feel we should have Nazon or Cooke up there instead of two midgets, and it would have been ideal to have Flynn or Hodson fully fit to add a bit of dig in the midfield. After all, Accies are a physical side and that’s the reason we haven’t beaten them yet. We may change it later but the longer it stays level, the more it suits Accies.

Flynn not starting is a blow. Presumably not fully fit if on the bench.
Staring to get butterflies now. Expecting a big performance from the boys tonight. 2-1 Saints. COYS!!!!
Flynn has been our best midfielder by a mile in the last couple of months.

He will be missed in the middle but it is great to have Magennis back and the challenge is for Lyons to step up and atone for his misses in Hamilton.

33 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I’m worried at that line up too. Feel we should have Nazon or Cooke up there instead of two midgets, and it would have been ideal to have Flynn or Hodson fully fit to add a bit of dig in the midfield. After all, Accies are a physical side and that’s the reason we haven’t beaten them yet. We may change it later but the longer it stays level, the more it suits Accies.

Why do people keep suggesting The Duck or Cooke should play? Neither are anywhere near the standard required for this league. You'd be as well sticking a skip up front if you just want something to aim at.

Why do people keep suggesting The Duck or Cooke should play? Neither are anywhere near the standard required for this league. You'd be as well sticking a skip up front if you just want something to aim at.
I think that's incredibly harsh on both of them. I think both have useful qualities. Nazon actually runs at defenders, and Cooke actually attempts to bully people.

Our strikers haven't been anywhere near good enough this year, however the service they've received has been substandard.

2 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

I think that's incredibly harsh on both of them. I think both have useful qualities. Nazon actually runs at defenders, and Cooke actually attempts to bully people.

Our strikers haven't been anywhere near good enough this year, however the service they've received has been substandard.

He runs at them and gives the ball away. He never passes no matter how much space players around him are in. These are the reasons he isn't getting a game. 

Cooke is giving it his best shot, but then so would I and I would be just as useless as him.

I don't mean to give them a hard time, just find it bizzare anyone thinks they would contribute more than actual footballers like Mullen and Jackson. Would be nice to have a target man but we just don't have one.

HT 0-0

Was hoping for an Accies red card inside 15 minutes. Bit rude waiting till 29 but thanks all the same.

Before that it should have been 1-1 inside 5 minutes, how Oakley has missed that i have no idea, just had to roll it in. Right let off. And then Kyle’s was almost as bad for us.

Surely even we will win from here... need to stay patient and keep 11 men on the park though. Accies will be dogged and time waste and shit house at every opportunity, as they should given the situation. We’ll need a bit of quality to break them down I think.

Similar pattern to recent games. Quite a lot of possession, very little ability to create anything in and around the box. No proper shots on goal. 

Need to step it up in the 2nd half or its the playoffs for us.