St Mirren v Hamilton Mon 13th May

After I gave him grief earlier in the thread, I should say fair play to Cody Cooke when he came on. Certainly got involved and gave Hamilton something else to worry about. A couple of decent passes as well. Sadly still not much evidence that he knows the way to goal but at the rate he is improving that could be next!

Delighted to see Kyle McAllister have a properly impactful game for us.

Hopefully Flynn and Magennis are both fit enough to start against Dundee and Lyons can drop to the bench. We shoud be able to give them a tough time if we have a full strength midfield.

Oh what a night!

tense, nervy, mistake laden, red cards, players let off reds incl Mullen. We huffed and puffed for an hour really. Little creativity, and a fair few players not taking on responsibility and shooting on sight.

The subs changed our intent, Flynn came on, didnt see a lot of the ball, but was geeing up everyone, why McGinn didnt slip him in from the at free kick i will never know? Thats was rabbit in the headlights stuff. Big Cody played a blinder when he was asked to come on. Held it up, linked it up more in his short stint than both Mullen and Jckson did all game. That for me was the catalyst to the siege we laid down on accies goal that eventually bore fruit.

when you consider the pelters i got on here for suggesting both Cooke & the duck should play as our midgets would get owned again, i hope at least Kearney has seen his error and starts at least one of them in Dundee, and has the balls to use them if we go to the play offs!

Oh what a night!
tense, nervy, mistake laden, red cards, players let off reds incl Mullen. We huffed and puffed for an hour really. Little creativity, and a fair few players not taking on responsibility and shooting on sight.
The subs changed our intent, Flynn came on, didnt see a lot of the ball, but was geeing up everyone, why McGinn didnt slip him in from the at free kick i will never know? Thats was rabbit in the headlights stuff. Big Cody played a blinder when he was asked to come on. Held it up, linked it up more in his short stint than both Mullen and Jckson did all game. That for me was the catalyst to the siege we laid down on accies goal that eventually bore fruit.
when you consider the pelters i got on here for suggesting both Cooke & the duck should play as our midgets would get owned again, i hope at least Kearney has seen his error and starts at least one of them in Dundee, and has the balls to use them if we go to the play offs!
I'd like to see Cooke start with Mullen at Dens. Jackson to come on to provide fresh legs to run at them later in the game if required.

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oh what a night!

Ha ha ha. Even after a night like last night you can still manage to fill your post with negative connotations. 

Great night in the end, but we huffed and puffed to no great effect after the early sending-off for Accies. The subs made the difference, with all three making a real impact. First time I've seen Cooke really contribute to a game, Baird was totally reliable and Flynn brought real impetus to the midfield. Stephen McGinn also greatly improved in the second half. Not sure why OK persists with Lyons. I've watched him quite a few times now. Can't fault him for effort but don't feel he brings an awful lot to the party. Would prefer to see Dreyer get more game time.

As usual, fans were fantastic - even better as there were more of them last night!

On to Dens Park, and hope that St. Johnstone do us a favour at Hamilton.

COYS!!

27 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Or...?

you are sitting around waiting to be offended... discuss.!

LPM , you try to be analytical , no one is offended by your posts, but your take on things is basically speculation = facts in your mind.

Cooke did well when he came on, Jackson did well, Mullen didnt have his best game, so fact is we won 2-0. The team showed grit and fight against a packed Accies rearguard.  

OK can do exactly the same team tactics for Sat for me, on a very tense night, where 22 players are playing for their futures it was never going to silky football.

We dominated , Accies had 3 chances they missed, we didnt with 2 quality goals.

Whatever happens Sat , we have lost 3 in last 12 games, won 4 drawn 5 and on that form would be pushing top six. OK had a clear out and in my mind, even if the worse happens has shown, he is a good tactian ( albeit still learning our game) he installs passion, he improves players, and we like him.....

Regardless I really hope he stays because at the right time he is coming good.....

Above, not to much speculation, quite a few facts and a positive fan of St Mirren viewpoint- discuss if you wish.....

Dont take my word for it but the 5999 Buddies plus me at the game last night

45 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
53 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
Oh what a night!

I'd like to see Cooke start with Mullen at Dens. Jackson to come on to provide fresh legs to run at them later in the game if required.

I have a feeling we may have seen the last of Simeon Jackson. It looked to me like he pulled a hamstring before being subbed.

10 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Great night in the end, but we huffed and puffed to no great effect after the early sending-off for Accies. The subs made the difference, with all three making a real impact. First time I've seen Cooke really contribute to a game, Baird was totally reliable and Flynn brought real impetus to the midfield. Stephen McGinn also greatly improved in the second half. Not sure why OK persists with Lyons. I've watched him quite a few times now. Can't fault him for effort but don't feel he brings an awful lot to the party. Would prefer to see Dreyer get more game time.

As usual, fans were fantastic - even better as there were more of them last night!

On to Dens Park, and hope that St. Johnstone do us a favour at Hamilton.

COYS!!

Dreyer would be starting every week but he's been back at Brighton since after the Livi game due to injury. 

Guest TPAFKATS
I have a feeling we may have seen the last of Simeon Jackson. It looked to me like he pulled a hamstring before being subbed.
Yeah OK was looking for him to say if he could continue.
Jackson n akes good runs into the channels and brings others into play, makes chances for others as well. He just has no instinct in the penalty box.

Guest TPAFKATS

Looking back I think we played done of our best football of the season in the early stages when it was 11 against 11. Our passing was great, including some long cross field stuff and there was a confidence to our play and a way of playing and game plan.

Watched the highlights back and the challenge on GMac looked like it had intent behind it. Hope he's OK. Their 99 not watching the ball, runs at the player and then twists shoulder at last moment to make contact (could've easily twisted the other way and avoided or not jumped). Anyone know the process for citing to compliance officer?

4 minutes ago, HSS said:

Seemingly a Saints Fan was arrested at the game,after being reported by fellow Fans,for racial abuse.

If true then as crap as it is that someone being racist (and no surprise that there are some idiots out there in our support and wider) it is pleasing that fans dealt with it and reported it as no place for it in our support

Edited by madball

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

LPM , you try to be analytical , no one is offended by your posts, but your take on things is basically speculation = facts in your mind.

Cooke did well when he came on, Jackson did well, Mullen didnt have his best game, so fact is we won 2-0. The team showed grit and fight against a packed Accies rearguard.  

OK can do exactly the same team tactics for Sat for me, on a very tense night, where 22 players are playing for their futures it was never going to silky football.

We dominated , Accies had 3 chances they missed, we didnt with 2 quality goals.

Whatever happens Sat , we have lost 3 in last 12 games, won 4 drawn 5 and on that form would be pushing top six. OK had a clear out and in my mind, even if the worse happens has shown, he is a good tactian ( albeit still learning our game) he installs passion, he improves players, and we like him.....

Regardless I really hope he stays because at the right time he is coming good.....

Above, not to much speculation, quite a few facts and a positive fan of St Mirren viewpoint- discuss if you wish.....

Dont take my word for it but the 5999 Buddies plus me at the game last night

Whats your point caller?

Guest TPAFKATS
Dunno, the ref saw it and spoke to him, does that count as being dealt with? If not surely just a retrospective yellow?
Yes same as the kick that mullen got. Although this season, they make up the compliance rules depending on what week, player and club it is involved.

We stood up tall and strong last night. Mega level better in both ability and physicality than the squad Oran inherited. The Kyles kicked the goals for us last night!!!

Hladky - not a busy night, but does everything he needs too - very reliable and capable.

P. McGinn - He has grown this season - especially since January - good game once again up and down the park.

Popescu - pretty rock solid - might even have nipped a goal - at least made their keeper save it.

MacK - Looked fine until he was wiped out.

Baird - confident, strong and truly grown into a quality Premiership CB - strolled through this one...

Muzek - Absolutely solid LB (mostly) another decent game - booked because he was given a hospital pass by Popescu

McAllister - his best game for us - especially last 30 minutes. Looks and proves dangerous in attack - (hope he has another game like this against Dee)

S. McGinn - back to his best. Led well by example and strolled with confidence and grit - top bin yes...

Magennis - 2 goals in 2 games - and could have had a hattrick if he had hit the target with two other good chances. He is energy and class.

Lyons - works hard, but not his best game.

Flynn - He is such a clever midfielder and gives confidence to others and links up so well. Works back too these days plenty too...

Jackson - gives more than some know - It was his run that got Gogic sent off. Hope he scores against Dee

Mullen - works and niggles their players loads. Learning to track back better too - not his best game, but far from being a passenger.

Cooke - He clearly has some ability and is improving. Since Nazon is not the future - he has a role with us next year too. It would be great if he could nab a goal against Dee also..

Oran - tactics spot on, communicated clearly and the players responded...

One more win next weekend please !!!! Dee are the worst team in the league - let them know that for sure... C O Y S

11 hours ago, scrappy coco said:

Oh FFS, no the old "empty seats" "full stand" debate...

We had a superb support there tonight, just look at the difference in the crowd to the equally important relegation 

battle against the Accies 6/7 years ago, the 3-1 game, Our support is definitely on the rise, can only imagine what it 

could be if we had a couple of seasons like Killie are having.. 

Indeed , that was a better turn out than we got at the Hampden semi final in 2013 . .

That crowd last night reminded me of the mid week game against the Dungvermin in 2007 relegation dogfight . .Love St was sold out for that one. 

All credit to the W7 guys who were relentless last night,  I  honestly think they have improved the Saint Mirren Park experience.  .