St Mirren v Hamilton Mon 13th May

59 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It did that, and those dont heal in five days. Cooke defo from the off on Saturday.

Think the injury to Makenzie meant either the Duck or Cooke had to miss out, when I saw the team thought Flynn, Duck and Cooke were certain to come on. 

Unlike others on here I think the Duck has good qualities think the physical part he brings terrifies defenders and that's what we need Saturday to get stuck into them early get our job done first then worry about Hamilton. 

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Think the injury to Makenzie meant either the Duck or Cooke had to miss out, when I saw the team thought Flynn, Duck and Cooke were certain to come on. 

Unlike others on here I think the Duck has good qualities think the physical part he brings terrifies defenders and that's what we need Saturday to get stuck into them early get our job done first then worry about Hamilton. 

I actually in the main agree with your sentiment here.

Given it looks like Jackson has a hamstring injury, the likelihood of the Duck playing with Cooke to come on for him is fairly high. It might just be a game where he scores for us or creates a rebound that is netted...

Think Flynn should be a starter too if he is not carrying a knock...

Don't know if MacK or Baird will be at CB either for this one . . . both are more than capable..

6 minutes ago, madball said:
1 hour ago, RussellV1 said:
Anyone think there’s a chance of Mullen getting a ban for the challenge on Gordon?

Unlikely, looks like a block gone wrong and catching the striking leg even though it could've been a nasty one

Didn't Magennis have a similar one? 

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

We stood up tall and strong last night. Mega level better in both ability and physicality than the squad Oran inherited. The Kyles kicked the goals for us last night!!!

Hladky - not a busy night, but does everything he needs too - very reliable and capable.

P. McGinn - He has grown this season - especially since January - good game once again up and down the park.

Popescu - pretty rock solid - might even have nipped a goal - at least made their keeper save it.

MacK - Looked fine until he was wiped out.

Baird - confident, strong and truly grown into a quality Premiership CB - strolled through this one...

Muzek - Absolutely solid LB (mostly) another decent game - booked because he was given a hospital pass by Popescu

McAllister - his best game for us - especially last 30 minutes. Looks and proves dangerous in attack - (hope he has another game like this against Dee)

S. McGinn - back to his best. Led well by example and strolled with confidence and grit - top bin yes...

Magennis - 2 goals in 2 games - and could have had a hattrick if he had hit the target with two other good chances. He is energy and class.

Lyons - works hard, but not his best game.

Flynn - He is such a clever midfielder and gives confidence to others and links up so well. Works back too these days plenty too...

Jackson - gives more than some know - It was his run that got Gogic sent off. Hope he scores against Dee

Mullen - works and niggles their players loads. Learning to track back better too - not his best game, but far from being a passenger.

Cooke - He clearly has some ability and is improving. Since Nazon is not the future - he has a role with us next year too. It would be great if he could nab a goal against Dee also..

Oran - tactics spot on, communicated clearly and the players responded...

One more win next weekend please !!!! Dee are the worst team in the league - let them know that for sure... C O Y S

Maybe Dundee haven't closed the toolbox just yet after that freak Miller goal ,  but someone has certainly started the van and they can hear it revving up. .

I don't know what the managerless Dundee will be like on Saturday but l know that we have the desire,  the guts and the skills to beat them ,  l'm also aware that we will take a big crowd. .COYS let's do this.  .

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The early chance Hamilton had was miles offside. 

It doesn't matter now anyway... Truth is they are a poor side and will be crapping it at the weekend...

I also think they would do worse in the play-offs that us - hope they show us how they do in them anyway. I'd prefer ICT in the league next season than Hamilton...

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Lets hope not.

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

The early chance Hamilton had was miles offside. 

Players are so quick these days it's so difficult for officials when it's fractions of inches or 5 WHOLE BLOODY YARDS when the player is actually stood in a stripe of grass where the cut direction makes it an actual different colour to one the defenders are standing in and you are literally looking along that line when the keeper kicks the ball upfield towards him.

JESUS F'N CHRIST  We'd all be the guy at the back of the stand swearing if that had any bearing on the result.

offside ham lined.JPG

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

It doesn't matter now anyway... Truth is they are a poor side and will be crapping it at the weekend...

I also think they would do worse in the play-offs that us - hope they show us how they do in them anyway. I'd prefer ICT in the league next season than Hamilton...

Our defence was coming in for a bit of criticism for it. Nothing they can do about such a poor call from the linseman.

1 hour ago, Katie Bear said:

Players are so quick these days it's so difficult for officials when it's fractions of inches or 5 WHOLE BLOODY YARDS when the player is actually stood in a stripe of grass where the cut direction makes it an actual different colour to one the defenders are standing in and you are literally looking along that line when the keeper kicks the ball upfield towards him.

JESUS F'N CHRIST  We'd all be the guy at the back of the stand swearing if that had any bearing on the result.

offside ham lined.JPG

through ball came off a st.mirren head.... onside im afraid

Not interested who it came off (and it was indeed MacKenzie) at that point their player was only fractionally off anyway.

From the keeper's free kick around the penalty spot Oakley is in an offside position. It's not a goal kick where he wouldn't be offside and he is involved in play as the punt up the field comes right at him landing almost on his starting position.

34 minutes ago, Katie Bear said:

Not interested who it came off (and it was indeed MacKenzie) at that point their player was only fractionally off anyway.

From the keeper's free kick around the penalty spot Oakley is in an offside position. It's not a goal kick where he wouldn't be offside and he is involved in play as the punt up the field comes right at him landing almost on his starting position.

I don't think you are right on this one - the offside rule has changed. He was inactive and then played on by MacKenzie's "pass".

13 hours ago, madball said:

Watched the highlights back and the challenge on GMac looked like it had intent behind it. Hope he's OK. Their 99 not watching the ball, runs at the player and then twists shoulder at last moment to make contact (could've easily twisted the other way and avoided or not jumped). Anyone know the process for citing to compliance officer?

He had no need to even make a challenge as everyone in the ground could see MacKenzie was going to win the race to the header by miles. Collum allowed a lot of challenges to continue after the ball was away without warning or booking players - that was the most obvious example. There had been a few other niggly challenges between the two of them in the first 30 minutes. I think MacKenzie had his eye on the ball and wasn't aware of the late challenge coming but no excuse for Ogboe

On 5/14/2019 at 1:46 AM, elvis said:
On 5/14/2019 at 1:36 AM, Eric Arthur Blair said:
Capacity is under 8000 since the disabled platform was built.

As you say, 1000 in the North Stand, probably 100-200 each in the Main and West and 400-500 in the South.

No way was there 4 to 500 empty seats in South stand it was practically full from where I was sitting in West stand.

I think you’re being optimistic.

9 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I don't think you are right on this one - the offside rule has changed. He was inactive and then played on by MacKenzie's "pass".

Yeah offside is now based on phases of play. First phase being the goalies kick, Oakley in an offside position but inactive like you say. Second phase begins when mack heads the ball meaning Oakley can't be offside from a St Mirren players touch. 

That was the rules anyway,  unsure if they've changed again though.