St Mirren v Hamilton Mon 13th May

We could win next 2 and still finish 11th, part of me wished that Well and Fakes had drawn as Fakes already have 7th sewn up, in saying that Dundee are already down. But look at Cardiff Sat ?

End of day , we need a big performance tonight, Accies look better upfront we look better in Midfield and in Goal.

Ladbrokes called it for me when I passed their window, 2-1 Saints which incidently is 15/2

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Which saints fans do you know who are 'itching' for us not to win tonight? That mate is just bollocks style deflection. Because a poster has a different view to you they must be willing the team to get beat? Ffs what tosh.

if Kearney does walk the issue is with the board selecting someone who only fancied a wee go at it, rather than someone who wanted to learn and build a side. We will be no better than Dundee if Kearney is offski, a rudderless ship captained by idiots.

anyone who wanted a manager signed who would stay and build will have been had if Kearney goes. Are you suggesting we carry on having two managers a season and just hope something good happens?

very happy with clauses that mean we arent liable to pay up two or three years wages if a manager is sacked, as long as you give them to a managet who is committed to staying the course and not just having a wee go at it.

wasnt impressed with the choice of a part time manager from a real diddy league getting the job, his win rate is woeful, but if he keeps us up any way he can was more than happy for him to stay on and build.

None thankfully - I never said I did know any but as usual that doesn't stop you skewing folks words !!! hunch was my exact word - a million miles from knowing !

So if we go down will you want him out ? 

23 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

None thankfully - I never said I did know any but as usual that doesn't stop you skewing folks words !!! hunch was my exact word - a million miles from knowing !

So if we go down will you want him out ? 

Short answer yes! He's had a fortune to spend and if relegated that would all have been for nothing. If we stay up he has earned the right to rebuild us. Would love the stability of the manager staying, but if he cant keep us up, and we havent really improved under him then we need someone who can build.

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yes intially he said he wouldnt be moving the family over mid term, which is entirely understandable. However its now end of season, and its obvious he had no intention of ever moving the family over. His appointment, and the way he, and the club approached it always had the air of "Oran's Year Out"....

it was always a personal experience for Kearney, he wasn't committed to SMFC he has basically scratched one off the bucket list by having a go at full time, professional football management, and in the process spending and costing our club a feckin fortune to be, probably at best playing off to stay in this league. There are plenty of us on here bemused at the revolving door to the managers office at SMFC in recent years. We all know we need stability, and give a young manager a chance to build.

unfortunately it seems our board panicked after the Stubbs fiasco, and appointed a guy who just fancied a wee try out at managing us, rather than appointing someone who was committed to the job, the club and learning his trade.

are we such a big club, with infinite resources that we can afford to have a manager fly in, and out for a few days each week? Successful managers at any professional level are the ones who eat, sleep and breathe football 24/7. The facts are its not a job to take if you value quality family time, as the demands to know what's happening at every club in your league make it a seven day a week job.

reference his contract, it was discussed he has the season by season termination clauses like Stubbs. So compo is only the amount due till season end, meaning he will walk for nothing when our last game is played, and we wont pick up any compo if he signs up for Coleraine, or any other Irish super club. If its all confirmed then you'll know we've been had!

Absolute fantasy, speculation and guesswork. The lot of it. 

You might hit the mark on some of this, you might not. It will purely be by luck rather than knowledge if you do, though. 

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Absolute fantasy, speculation and guesswork. The lot of it. 

You might hit the mark on some of this, you might not. It will purely be by luck rather than knowledge if you do, though. 

Beat me to it

LPM's twilight zone in full swing

12 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Gerard hasn't moved his family north to Glasgow either so assuming he's not committed to his job at Ibrox emoji23.png Lennon will be please to hear that emoji23.png

You are far too logical for LPM . . .

He is not able to consider different perspectives to the negative ones he conjures up . . . :cheers

Would throw the Duck in tonight. We’re needing something different up top, maybe a bit of flair. Decent work rate just ain’t cutting it as much as I like Jackson and Mullen. The big mans been unspectacular but I think he’s got a moment of magic in him.

Lyons out. Magennis in. Flynn being fit of course.

1 minute ago, turrabuddie said:
6 hours ago, Gordon Urquhart said:
Feeling quietly confident about this one. This is bad....

I know exactly what you mean. Never feel comfortable if I have a good feeling. Never a good sign...

I'll balance it out by saying I actually don't have a great feeling about it. 

1 hour ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Would throw the Duck in tonight. We’re needing something different up top, maybe a bit of flair. Decent work rate just ain’t cutting it as much as I like Jackson and Mullen. The big mans been unspectacular but I think he’s got a moment of magic in him.

Lyons out. Magennis in. Flynn being fit of course.

Agree I'd start with either Jackson/Mullen paired with either Cook/The Duck a mixture of pace & physical presence.

29 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
30 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:
I'll balance it out by saying I actually don't have a great feeling about it. 

Thanks. I'm feeling much better now.

You should. I am an eternal optimist when it comes to us but I feel awful about tonight. 

Likely because I am out in the Canaries and absolutely HATE watching us on the telly. 

Might miss the whole first half if the six-a-side games don’t change as to what’s currently scheduled.

Not happy...and I’ll probably leak a lot of goals thinking about what’s happening in Paisley!

COME ON THE SAINTS...lets take it down to the final day. Make the Accies earn it if they are going to survive.

Agree I'd start with either Jackson/Mullen paired with either Cook/The Duck a mixture of pace & physical presence.
Mullen.amd the Duck to start for me. Jackson and Cooke to come on later if/when we require a change.

Need to be careful we don't react to Accies physical assaults - need to keep all 11 on the park, and hope the ref send at least one of them packing.