On This Day

2 hours ago, antrin said:

:)

"St Mirren were a goal up at half-time. Norman took advantage of poor defending by Thompson to score in 38 minutes. "

I didnae think McWhirter was still around...

You dont remember Norman ? Here he is playing in our away kit...

download.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
In that moment, we'd won the league. The celebrations were wild on and off the pitch and I wouldn't have swapped that for knowing before Mcknight scored that Dunfermline had actually won. It was beautiful.
Absolutely. One of the most joyous moments I've ever had supporting st mirren. 10 years of almost constant decline washed away in a glorious season of wonderful attacking football.

5 hours ago, ford prefect said:
23 hours ago, southside saint said:
In that moment, we'd won the league. The celebrations were wild on and off the pitch and I wouldn't have swapped that for knowing before Mcknight scored that Dunfermline had actually won. It was beautiful.

Absolutely. One of the most joyous moments I've ever had supporting st mirren. 10 years of almost constant decline washed away in a glorious season of wonderful attacking football.

I remember getting back to the bus as they replayed chick young telling jimmy calderwood we had scored in injury time. Not again he said. He was just about in tears. Great day.

6 hours ago, ford prefect said:
On 4/22/2020 at 6:49 PM, southside saint said:

I believe some numpty has written 2,000+ words of pish on this subject for a blog post they're going to publish on Wednesday...

Edited by Stu

Superb, Stu!  Ta.

For that final RR game, I’d driven north to CD, (Threave) dumped my baggage and my wummin, and drove to Paisley to meet my buddies in, of all places, a pub!

watched the match. Had a beer.

Calmed doon, picked up my brother and we spent a relaxing week in Bonnie Galloway!

The Saints were back.

• 2 weeks later...