Sign in to follow this  
shetland

Well Done Various Football Clubs

Hmmm. Nothing but deflection here, a poor man's PR stunt IMO.

It smacks of "Let's point the finger away from ourselves and hope that the shit sticks elsewhere".

Underwhelmed by this amateurish statement.

Hearts are obviously looking to position themselves on the (undeserved) moral high ground IMO.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

It smacks of "Let's point the finger away from ourselves and hope that the shit sticks elsewhere".

Hearts are obviously looking to position themselves on the (undeserved) moral high ground IMO.

What on EARTH are you wittering on about?

It's good to see clubs starting to genuinely fight back against this tide of human filth who are trying to ruin our sport.

I think it will require politicians to enforce strict liability on clubs before it gets solved though.

Edited by oaksoft

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's good to see clubs starting to genuinely fight back against this tide of human filth who are trying to ruin our sport.

I think it will require politicians to enforce strict liability on clubs before it gets solved though.

There should be a deduction on points that way the fans will Police themselves. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I think that shutting sections of the ground and shifting everybody as a response to problems in a Section  might be as efficient as points deductions in relation to fans self-policing.

If punters are keen on where they sit beside their mates, they're going to be unhappy with people who do things likely to provoke the club's reactions/antagonism.  And will point out wankers in the act. 

I think.

WTFK?

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It might help reduce collusion rather than expecting fans actively policing themselves. It's a really good idea. If it doesn't work points deductions are probably the next stage amd I might be inclined to support that

The national bodies aren't doing enough to fix this, or punish those responsible.
They, along with clubs and supporters groups, claim its a societal problem.
These same groups also complain that Scottish government is starting to get involved and looking at legislation (again).

17 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

The national bodies aren't doing enough to fix this, or punish those responsible.
They, along with clubs and supporters groups, claim its a societal problem.

Yes and that argument will see governments stepping in to force them into strict liability.

It's a shame the national bodiess don't seem to realise that when you make this sort of claim you are essentially saying it's the government's responsibility to solve it and that you end up looking stupid if you subsequently complain about that same government trying to resolve the problem as you asked them.

I think you actually might have made this point elsewhere but I can't find it.

Interestingly, on the "societal problem" claim, I don't recall too many instances where I have seen people randomly throwing bricks, bottles, coins, pies etc when walking down a city or town centre High Street. I also don't remember too many instances of browsing through shops and hearing 10,000 people suddenly burst into an array of songs about the Irish Famine, the IRA or some f**king irrelevant battle in a field in Ireland more than 300 years ago. Maybe I'm just not walking down the right streets eh?

I also don't see this at any other sport.

Edited by oaksoft

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:42 PM, antrin said:

I think that shutting sections of the ground and shifting everybody as a response to problems in a Section  might be as efficient as points deductions in relation to fans self-policing.

If punters are keen on where they sit beside their mates, they're going to be unhappy with people who do things likely to provoke the club's reactions/antagonism.  And will point out wankers in the act. 

I think.

WTFK?

Nope. I'm looking forward to seeing Celtic and Rangers relegated by their own fans. (what happened to, "If Calsberg"?)

Edited by stlucifer

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

You've obviously not witnessed the 'marching season'

Actually I have but I've avoided it for so long I completely forgot about it :D

My gran used to take me as a kid to see the "spectacle". Even at 7 years old I knew there was something about it I didn't like.