Assange / WikiLeaks

For me a modern-day hero bringing the truth out. We live in a land of free speach as long as it's not telling what our governments are up to behind closed doors. Or atrocities armed forces get up too. I for one will be disgusted if Assange is extradited to the so called free none racist country in the world the USA. 

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

For me a modern-day hero bringing the truth out. We live in a land of free speach as long as it's not telling what our governments are up to behind closed doors. Or atrocities armed forces get up too. I for one will be disgusted if Assange is extradited to the so called free none racist country in the world the USA. 

The man has accusations of rape hanging over him. I'd be careful who you hero worship.

Edited by oaksoft

15 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The Swedish government dropped these charges on the grounds of no proof. 

A bit more complicated and less whitewashing than “no proof” is why the Swedish charges were dropped.  I think the yanks are sticking rape onto their political charges against him.

if he is, or is not, a hero.... he has does have flaws.

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

A bit more complicated and less whitewashing than “no proof” is why the Swedish charges were dropped.  I think the yanks are sticking rape onto their political charges against him.

if he is, or is not, a hero.... he has does have flaws.

We all do mate but I know what you mean US & UK governments can stitch him up with anything they want too when you reveal secrets of governments your going to be up against it. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

The man has accusations of rape hanging over him. I'd be careful who you hero worship.

I highly doubt those claims are true. The man has been one of the biggest threats in recent times to leaking government secrets. As a result, the US would do anything to make him look bad and get their hands on him.

My personal belief is that the charges were made up to extradite him to Sweden, so he could then be extradited to the USA. Something like rape is the ideal charge to tarnish the name of someone the agencies fear will be well liked, supported and respected among the citizens who want the truth.

I’m not going to say I’m 100% certain as there is always a chance it may have actually happened. But I certainly lean towards the “trumped up charges” side of things.

The likes of Assange, Snowden and Manning are heroic IMO, fine well knowing the risks and consequences of their actions. If we want to continue to learn the truth about how our governments really operate, and learn what they don’t want us to know, we need to support these people. I find the arrest of Assange to be a major problem in the fight for our freedom to information and freedom of speech.

38 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I highly doubt those claims are true. The man has been one of the biggest threats in recent times to leaking government secrets. As a result, the US would do anything to make him look bad and get their hands on him.

My personal belief is that the charges were made up to extradite him to Sweden, so he could then be extradited to the USA. Something like rape is the ideal charge to tarnish the name of someone the agencies fear will be well liked, supported and respected among the citizens who want the truth.

I’m not going to say I’m 100% certain as there is always a chance it may have actually happened. But I certainly lean towards the “trumped up charges” side of things.

The likes of Assange, Snowden and Manning are heroic IMO, fine well knowing the risks and consequences of their actions. If we want to continue to learn the truth about how our governments really operate, and learn what they don’t want us to know, we need to support these people. I find the arrest of Assange to be a major problem in the fight for our freedom to information and freedom of speech.

You may be right on the rape accusations. But you could equally be wrong.

It's just best not to consider anyone as a "hero". They don't exist and when we call them that, it can give a free pass to some pretty shitty behaviour. Michael Jackson, Jimmy Saville, etc. The list is endless.

A bit of caution is required here.

There is not a single human being worthy of being white knighted and I honestly don't know why people indulge in it. I'd be happy to find out though.

Edited by oaksoft

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You may be right on the rape accusations. But you could equally be wrong.

It's just best not to consider anyone as a "hero". They don't exist and when we call them that, it can give a free pass to some pretty shitty behaviour. Michael Jackson, Jimmy Saville, etc. The list is endless.

A bit of caution is required here.

There is not a single human being worthy of being white knighted and I honestly don't know why people indulge in it. I'd be happy to find out though.

You look too deeply into ' hero ' Let me tame it down a notch by writing I admire the man for what he has put out there. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You look too deeply into ' hero ' Let me tame it down a notch by writing I admire the man for what he has put out there. 

I'm doing nothing of the sort.

I like your changed description better.

That act of his, I agree, is definitely noteworthy.

He should stand trial for molestation in Sweden, if their authorities wish to reopen the case (the charge was downgraded from rape, before being dropped)

He should 100% be pardoned for Wikileaks. Guilty only of exposing government corruption and abuse of human rights 

Edited by Doakes

31 minutes ago, Doakes said:

He should stand trial for molestation in Sweden, if their authorities wish to reopen the case (the charge was downgraded from rape, before being dropped)

He should 100% be pardoned for Wikileaks. Guilty only of exposing government corruption and abuse of human rights 

I think Snowdon did more to expose the NSA tactics but he remains at large for the time being. .

He always reminded me of that movie , Enemy of the State. .

It's O.K. f**kwit Trump in his most recent interview says that he e doesn't know anything about Wikileaks or Assange.

That's despite four pieces of video evidence from previous years saying how he loves Wikileaks, particularly ones that were harmful to Hilary Clinton funnily enough.

28 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It's O.K. f**kwit Trump in his most recent interview says that he e doesn't know anything about Wikileaks or Assange.

That's despite four pieces of video evidence from previous years saying how he loves Wikileaks, particularly ones that were harmful to Hilary Clinton funnily enough.

I think Trump is only a matter of months from going full Ronald Reagan. 

53 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Scary that man is president or is it a puppet front for those in real power. Whatever the mind boggles. 

Guest TPAFKATS

As doakes and oaksoft have pointed out, the charges against Assange in Sweden haven't been dropped. They are 'on hold' in his absence and the prosecutor is looking at reopening them.
He should face justice on those charges, IMO.

sadly, I suspect hell be extradited to USA instead which, again IMO, would be a shameful decision and one that all journalists should oppose.

49 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

As doakes and oaksoft have pointed out, the charges against Assange in Sweden haven't been dropped. They are 'on hold' in his absence and the prosecutor is looking at reopening them.
He should face justice on those charges, IMO.

sadly, I suspect hell be extradited to USA instead which, again IMO, would be a shameful decision and one that all journalists should oppose.

He is an extremely rich man so would imagine can have the best of the best defence team available anywhere. I lean on a stitch up regarding sexual accusations to get him to the USA . Agree he needs to clear his name on sexual accusations though. As you get older ( me ) you realize what a shit corrupt world we live in. 

Guest TPAFKATS
He is an extremely rich man so would imagine can have the best of the best defence team available anywhere. I lean on a stitch up regarding sexual accusations to get him to the USA . Agree he needs to clear his name on sexual accusations though. As you get older ( me ) you realize what a shit corrupt world we live in. 

I don't doubt he'll have very good lawyers working on his extradition. Sadly if USA wants him extradited from UK he most likely will be.

10 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Many people have this view and they are completely wrong about Assange. 

I agree Snowden and Manning are heroic and I 100% support them but Assange is not the same. Ask yourself why it's only ever American governemnt secrets he exposes when he supposedly runs an organisation exposing secrets everywhere. Why does he never expose Russian or Chinese secrets? They are two of the most corrupt regimes in the world.

The reason is clearly that he is being paid by the Russians. He was part of the plot to discredit Clinton and get Trump into office. Again helping the Russians. I didn't see him say anything against Trump. 

The guy pretends to be a truth exposer but he only exposes truths of one side and has the biggest agenda imaginable. That's called corruption.

The guys a fraud and deserves everything he gets. That facial hair was a pathetic publicity stunt as well. He's in an embassy in the middle of London. Not a cave. There's absolutely no reason for him not to shave and come out looking like a caveman.

6 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I agree Snowden and Manning are heroic and I 100% support them but Assange is not the same. Ask yourself why it's only ever American governemnt secrets he exposes when he supposedly runs an organisation exposing secrets everywhere. Why does he never expose Russian or Chinese secrets? They are two of the most corrupt regimes in the world.

The reason is clearly that he is being paid by the Russians. He was part of the plot to discredit Clinton and get Trump into office. Again helping the Russians. I didn't see him say anything against Trump. 

The guy pretends to be a truth exposer but he only exposes truths of one side and has the biggest agenda imaginable. That's called corruption.

The guys a fraud and deserves everything he gets. That facial hair was a pathetic publicity stunt as well. He's in an embassy in the middle of London. Not a cave. There's absolutely no reason for him not to shave and come out looking like a caveman.

There’s still no actual evidence of Russian collusion to get Trump in.

There’s plenty of beef on Clinton because she’s been a corrupt politician for years, and has a penchant for causing wars. Trump is a c**t, but there’s less beef to get on him because he’s stayed in business instead of politics before his election.

Instead of blaming the Russians (without evidence), blame the DNC. They made absolutely sure Clinton defeated Bernie Sanders to take the Democrats position for the presidential election. This pish about Super Delegates guaranteed Sanders had no chance. Polls may not be everything but many had Sanders wiping the floor with Trump, and Clinton was never polling that well against Trump. If the DNC hadn’t basically rigged it, Sanders may well be President right now after defeating Trump. Clinton was never popular and the DNC f**ked themselves over.

Guest TPAFKATS
I'm not aware of much wiki leaks stuff about trump since he came into officeeither? You'd imagine there's a plethora of stuff out there but...

13 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Instead of blaming the Russians (without evidence), blame the DNC. They made absolutely sure Clinton defeated Bernie Sanders to take the Democrats position for the presidential election. This pish about Super Delegates guaranteed Sanders had no chance. Polls may not be everything but many had Sanders wiping the floor with Trump, and Clinton was never polling that well against Trump. If the DNC hadn’t basically rigged it, Sanders may well be President right now after defeating Trump. Clinton was never popular and the DNC f**ked themselves over.

I do agree with this about the DNC. Sanders was leading all the polls on the head to head with Trump and they f**ked him over to give it to Clinton. For that they deserve what they get.

The problem with Assange isn't that he has told lies. Everything he has exposed has been the truth. But in this day and age every government and political organisation in the world has secrets and an element of corruptuon. Assange only exposes anything against the American establishment. He never looks towards Russia or China or anywhere else for that matter.

If he was this anti corruption truth exposer that his supporters think he is he'd be exposing secrets from everyone left right and centre.

Edited by LargsBud

58 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I don't doubt he'll have very good lawyers working on his extradition. Sadly if USA wants him extradited from UK he most likely will be.

Wouldn't want to jeapordise that USA/UK trade agreement after Brexit.<_<