Tommy Gemmell Memorabilia auction

Guest TPAFKATS
If the club bid for those items, they could be the first exhibits in a club museum at the stadium. 
Tommy, having played the whole of his career at Love St, should be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Estimate of £2,000 plus 24% fee. Get the club chequebook out Fitzy.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:
3 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:
If the club bid for those items, they could be the first exhibits in a club museum at the stadium. 
Tommy, having played the whole of his career at Love St, should be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Estimate of £2,000 plus 24% fee. Get the club chequebook out Fitzy.

Then add vat.

although as a vat registered business you might be able to reclaim the vat as a legitimate business expense if you were displaying it.

14 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Why on earth isn't he in it already?! Far more deserving than some folk who are in it or about to be inducted.

Given the auction is next week, I can see a whole can of worms being opened if SMISA use their money for it without getting member agreement. Of course, the same folk who would criticise them for going down that road would also moan if they didn't bid and they end up with someone else!

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

Why on earth isn't he in it already?! Far more deserving than some folk who are in it or about to be inducted.

Given the auction is next week, I can see a whole can of worms being opened if SMISA use their money for it without getting member agreement. Of course, the same folk who would criticise them for going down that road would also moan if they didn't bid and they end up with someone else!

Aren't our major trophy teams inducted in their entirety?

Guest TPAFKATS
Those are separate issues.

One way around it would be for the club to purchase and then ask for smisa to fund it?

20 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

59 Scottish Cup winner and the last Saints player to score for Scotland, the late Tommy Gemmell's medal and strip collection is up for auction on April 26th.

Lots 1906 to 1918

125391-3.jpg?v=63688755610187

https://www.mctears.co.uk/auction/search?au=812

I've put in a bid, if I get it I'll let the club keep it on display. (if they want) 

11 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

When someone passes away many of us regret that we didn't ask them, tell them or do something for them.  Perhaps the club will respond and posthumously award Tommy induction into the Hall of Fame.

I can see them saving him for a big occasion. 150th anniversary, century anniversary of our first Scottish cup or his birth. Something like that instead of a run of the mill year 

May I congratulate the club for investing on behalf of our community, the buying of these sacred historical items which will, hopefully, adorn the creation of a club museum in the stadium.  Together, with our trophies and other artifacts, a walk-through experience of the St Mirren story will prove to be a great attraction solidifying our identity, our community and our history. 

Guest TPAFKATS
May I congratulate the club for investing on behalf of our community, the buying of these sacred historical items which will, hopefully, adorn the creation of a club museum in the stadium.  Together, with our trophies and other artifacts, a walk-through experience of the St Mirren story will prove to be a great attraction solidifying our identity, our community and our history. 
Agreed and also a wee bit extra special on the 60th anniversary of our 59 cup win.